• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reduce lag by finding substitution for anti xray mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit of background, I once ran a server, and I have done some investigating of the herocraft mods and such. I even personally tested the countermeasures the mod you are using. I noticed a TON of block lag while mining yesterday or whenever, with only about 40 people on. I noticed that ore blocks did occasionally disappear after I mined during lag spikes, so I assumed you had the pesky old xray anti cheat.

I installed a xray texture pack (for testing ONLY. 1.8 texture packs apparently can work almost like the hack now and no longer require empty space to register surrounding blocks), and I saw the mod you are using is extremely efective. The pack I used let me see through stone and dirt and gravel I believe, and the mod you are using rendered it useless, and even made it so it was harder to work with the texture pack on then not.

Picture this, in a three block radius around me, the anticheat produced a shell of fake ore and air, allowing me to see nothing whatsoever. Furthermore, the 'shell' updated every time I moved a block. Its great and necessary to have something like this, but I think it is kinda overkill, especially when it (may) sacrifice the playability of the server.

All im saying is maybe loo for some alternative for this as it causes a massive amount of lag due to the chunk updates it constantly has to send to every player or very chunk, assuming it works the way I think it does.

Some possible alternatives is using a mod that logs every time a player mines an ore, and can be modified to register only certain ore, say diamonds and emeralds. These reports can be compiled into a statistic, say diamonds mined in an hour, with a (fairly simple) program as the number is logged to a consul and no longer functioning in minecraft. If someone has a ludicrous number of diamonds mined in an hour, a mod would have to personally investigate. If i remember correctly the mod logs the location the ore is mined. A mod could look the path said miner takes and if it looks suspicious (directly between ore to ore, missing very little good ore) and decide if hacks were involved. I know this takes a lot of man hours and work, but this is just the mod I remember using and it was a pain but worked. And it didn't cause any lag. Of course there are other things I don't know about that work, I have been out of the hosting game for a long time.

please look for an alternative for the current system.

Hope I dont get banned for this, I'm just trying to help out.

BeasttRecon

Legacy Supporter 4
A bit of background, I once ran a server, and I have done some investigating of the herocraft mods and such. I even personally tested the countermeasures the mod you are using. I noticed a TON of block lag while mining yesterday or whenever, with only about 40 people on. I noticed that ore blocks did occasionally disappear after I mined during lag spikes, so I assumed you had the pesky old xray anti cheat.

I installed a xray texture pack (for testing ONLY. 1.8 texture packs apparently can work almost like the hack now and no longer require empty space to register surrounding blocks), and I saw the mod you are using is extremely efective. The pack I used let me see through stone and dirt and gravel I believe, and the mod you are using rendered it useless, and even made it so it was harder to work with the texture pack on then not.

Picture this, in a three block radius around me, the anticheat produced a shell of fake ore and air, allowing me to see nothing whatsoever. Furthermore, the 'shell' updated every time I moved a block. Its great and necessary to have something like this, but I think it is kinda overkill, especially when it (may) sacrifice the playability of the server.

All im saying is maybe loo for some alternative for this as it causes a massive amount of lag due to the chunk updates it constantly has to send to every player or very chunk, assuming it works the way I think it does.

Some possible alternatives is using a mod that logs every time a player mines an ore, and can be modified to register only certain ore, say diamonds and emeralds. These reports can be compiled into a statistic, say diamonds mined in an hour, with a (fairly simple) program as the number is logged to a consul and no longer functioning in minecraft. If someone has a ludicrous number of diamonds mined in an hour, a mod would have to personally investigate. If i remember correctly the mod logs the location the ore is mined. A mod could look the path said miner takes and if it looks suspicious (directly between ore to ore, missing very little good ore) and decide if hacks were involved. I know this takes a lot of man hours and work, but this is just the mod I remember using and it was a pain but worked. And it didn't cause any lag. Of course there are other things I don't know about that work, I have been out of the hosting game for a long time.

please look for an alternative for the current system.

Hope I dont get banned for this, I'm just trying to help out.
You continued to say how effective this plugin was, so I doubt anything will change with it.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm not quite sure on how to access it but there was a web page that showed whats uses what of the servers resources. The biggest ones were; heros, treasure chests. I don't think the anti-X-ray even accounted for more than 10% so changing it wouldn't make too much of a diffrence considering how effective it is.

Well, you admitted to
a) using illegal mods/clients
b) did not get staff consent for this.

To me, it seems like you're just trying to get the anti-x-ray removed so you can use your X-ray mod/ resource pack.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
The anti-xray portion doesnt cause lag. We've done snapshots and its fine.

While it appears the blocks of ores are wrong when there is lag, it has nothing to do with causing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.