• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Reattempt at making the Griefing of Farms a punishable offense. [stems]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been inactive for a couple months, so if this has already been changed, please call me an idiot and let a moderator lock the thread.

If a thief comes by my garden and steals/breaks all my...

Wheat - big deal, I have a double chest full of seeds.
Cacti - a quick trip to a desert and I'm good.
Sugar cane - a bit harder to find, but I'm sure a friend would be willing to give me one; they're not that valuable.
Mushrooms - haha, who farms mushrooms anymore?
Pumpkin/Melons - That sucks. But they're rare blocks, so it makes sense that they're stealable. Plus, I've still got the stems right there.

Pumpkin/Melon STEMS - Now you're just being a dick. And if you rob my chest at the same time, melon seeds/pumpkin seeds can be VERY difficult if not near impossible to find. There's no reason for you to break the stems, so you're doing it to be a jerk, i.e. Griefer.

Conclusion: While I would like to see a rule that requires a thief to replant wheat, leave the bottom block of cacti or sugar cane, and to always leave at least one mushroom of both colors so they can grow back, I don't expect that to happen and I don't really care. I think breaking the stems of Pumpkin and/or Melon farms should be illegal because a farmer can't protect it and the person who breaks it is only doing it to be a jerk. Isn't that what griefing is?

Note: I do not care for any opposing logic which only says "Get an LWC and it will solve your problems." I'm still being griefed.

EDIT: renamed the thread, adding "[stems]" to the title for clarity.

EDIT: 1 for, 9 against

Cracksz

Stone
Raiding is raiding. Can't protect your items - you don't deserve them :p As you said all the other blocks arn't that much of a big deal its the rare ones you're worried about... It's the rare ones that gets the thief the most profit so it makes sense for him to take them. Sorry but thats just how it is :eek:

icarumba

Legacy Supporter 4
Join a town or make a personal region with very secure walls so no one is able to enter, then you can grow anything you want without worries

I'm ignoring icarumba.
@Cracksz, you do realize I'm just talking about the stems, right? It's griefing! There's no point in breaking them, just take my crops! You can even raid me later and take more crops!

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Lost your melon/pumkin steam and seeds? ;O
Heres what you do:
Go to spawn
Find a chestshop that sells melon/pumpkin
Buy melon/pumpkin
Put melon/pumkin in your craftingbench
You get seeds
Plant seeds
Wait
Steam will come
You get a new melon/pumkin

Problem soloved ;)

...you mean "stem", right?

True, my complaint is with the assumption that melon and pumpkin will NOT be readily available/cheap.

Kalkyte

Legacy Supporter 5
I agree with you. It's unnecessary destruction. However, there are already enough petitions for small greifs like this. Not sure the staff wants even more of these small incidents to be against the rules. It just causes unneeded clutter in the pe system and wastes the staff's time. (imo)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
Stem* :D
On zeal map pumpkin did not really cost much coins,but pumpkins did cause it was impossible to get seeds from pumpkin itselves you had to find seeds and it didn't exist on the map ;)

EvilThor

Legacy Supporter 3
I fogot something :O
If you think that seeds are so expensive you should think of that when you destroy a sten you got 1-2 seed(s) ;)

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Stem* :D
On zeal map pumpkin did not really cost much coins,but pumpkins did cause it was impossible to get seeds from pumpkin itselves you had to find seeds and it didn't exist on the map ;)
You mean melon was cheap and pumpkin expensive and rare, right?

Sorry. Like I mentioned, I've been inactive for a while. I didn't play with 1.8, so I never experienced how cheap/common pumpkins and melons became.
Yes, you get 0-2 seeds per broken stem, but you get 4 seeds per pumpkin and something like 5-9 seeds per watermelon. Why break the stem? You can't do anything with seeds other than planting them anyway. Melons and pumpkins are what you want, so don't break the stem.

Is there a way to add a poll? So far it looks like 1 in favor (with two likes? Maybe 3?) and 4 against.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
I'm tracking your base just for the sake of stealing your stems btw

EDIT:and icarumba is right, is that why you're ignoring him?

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
Well it's annoying loosing your stems, but the staff can't handle hundreds of PE's about some stems being griefed.

Brutalacerate

AdministRaper
You're mad about Stems? Seriously? If you keep a stock of Seeds in an LWC, what does it matter? You'll only be Griefing Staff with all of your whining about your precious Stems. Haha. To be honest, I think you only made people WANT to steal your Stems now.

Status
Not open for further replies.