• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reason's to kill

deadfoe51

Stone
I am just starting on the new world trying to make do and survive but I keep getting randomly killed out of the blue.. The person just runs up and kills me and they never say anything, I ask why sometimes and they either say because I can or they don't respond I think that there must be a valid reason (or roleplay reason) to kill someone that way it limits the amount of random killing so level 20's-30's can't kill level 7's like me ( my crafter level is 22 or something). It just takes away from the fun of the server and the experience when some random person comes up and kill's you. So I think that there should be a valid reason provided to kill someone for an example: Roleplay: A person has a grudge on you for killing someone he loves so he hunts you down to kill you, or maybe a bandit wants your valuables (If it is the bandit they must first talk to you and demand something from you, if you give the bandit stuff they don't have a valid reason to kill you afterwards). Non-RP/survival: You stole from them or one of their friends so they want to kill you or if you're in their home and you won't leave (if you are in a persons home and they ask you to leave and you don't listen they can kill you but they must ask you to leave first). Those are my examples please consider this because it annoy's me that people are allowed to just randomly kill.

deadfoe51

Stone
It's a hardcore server. Get used to getting raped unceremoniously
It's kind of annoying when someone just comes up and kill's you and then when you go back just kill's you again.. Once you get killed enough times you begin to get a bit pissed and annoyed. I just hate that they can come up and kill you without a reason.

j2gay

Legacy Supporter 6
There is a reason. Exp. Also they are having fun at your expense. You are likely raging to them about it hence adding to their fun. Learn to mellow out and how to hide and you will find your herocraft experience more enjoyable. Also build traps around your house.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
It's kind of annoying when someone just comes up and kill's you and then when you go back just kill's you again.. Once you get killed enough times you begin to get a bit pissed and annoyed. I just hate that they can come up and kill you without a reason.
We are working to deter this behavior. We may outright just stop giving exp on pvp kills. I'm not certain.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
FWIW, I have the same problem. I like to build roads and stuff, and am constantly being harried by PvP hooligans.

Look, an ambush and PvP kill is part of the server experience and I understand that. But being hunted down repeatedly by the same person or group just for the experience boost is discouraging. And it is just for the experience, because after the first death, I have usually been relieved of my precious cobble and wood planks and have nothing in my inventory. Meh.

So far, my best solution has been to just do /hero reset whenever I get to level 10. Between that and my LWCs, I can pretty much ignore the flailing 9-year-olds. :)

Jack_Reacher

Legacy Supporter 7
[...] but specific instances of camping, killing newbies over and over again - does nothing for either party and usually just makes it so new players don't stick around - hurting the server.
I agree that excessive camping is a bad thing.

We aren't a pvp server and PVP isn't the main focal point.
I've been confused by similar statements from the staff in the past. Isn't the backbone of this server a plugin that facilitates PvP?

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree that excessive camping is a bad thing.

I've been confused by similar statements from the staff in the past. Isn't the backbone of this server a plugin that facilitates PvP?
Nope, we have never tagged ourselves as "PVP", we've tagged ourselves as RPG, which faciliates a view that the player is provided certain choices. The server will direct the user-base on which choice is more appealing but it is up to them to do something or not.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
FWIW, I have the same problem. I like to build roads and stuff, and am constantly being harried by PvP hooligans.

Look, an ambush and PvP kill is part of the server experience and I understand that. But being hunted down repeatedly by the same person or group just for the experience boost is discouraging. And it is just for the experience, because after the first death, I have usually been relieved of my precious cobble and wood planks and have nothing in my inventory. Meh.

So far, my best solution has been to just do /hero reset whenever I get to level 10. Between that and my LWCs, I can pretty much ignore the flailing 9-year-olds. :)
You remind me of @TheTXLibra

I am just starting on the new world trying to make do and survive but I keep getting randomly killed out of the blue.. The person just runs up and kills me and they never say anything, I ask why sometimes and they either say because I can or they don't respond I think that there must be a valid reason (or roleplay reason) to kill someone that way it limits the amount of random killing so level 20's-30's can't kill level 7's like me ( my crafter level is 22 or something). It just takes away from the fun of the server and the experience when some random person comes up and kill's you. So I think that there should be a valid reason provided to kill someone for an example: Roleplay: A person has a grudge on you for killing someone he loves so he hunts you down to kill you, or maybe a bandit wants your valuables (If it is the bandit they must first talk to you and demand something from you, if you give the bandit stuff they don't have a valid reason to kill you afterwards). Non-RP/survival: You stole from them or one of their friends so they want to kill you or if you're in their home and you won't leave (if you are in a persons home and they ask you to leave and you don't listen they can kill you but they must ask you to leave first). Those are my examples please consider this because it annoy's me that people are allowed to just randomly kill.
I know what you are passing, once I was newbie, I got camped all the time by a freaking samurai called firebus, just call someone that is good and high lvl to punch him on the face =D

phatfinger5

Glowing Redstone
Just make it so there is another class path. Like a crafter but focused on something else, like territory's or something. example: Your house is a territory owned by you so anyone in your territory (house) can be killed by you unless they are allies.

Another idea is have a class for people who don't care about territory's, like a highway man. They cant attack you in your territory or say they can every so often. They could also attack people in unowned territory (aka the wild), while they can attack anyone they cant have territory's.

And you can always implement a dueling arena so that both players have to agree to the fight.

phatfinger5

Glowing Redstone
I don't mean put it in the crafter path but in its own path. You could do either way but then people would not want to spec in say alchemist.

deadfoe51

Stone
We aren't a pvp server and PVP isn't the main focal point. I'm not saying it cant happen, but specific instances of camping, killing newbies over and over again - does nothing for either party and usually just makes it so new players don't stick around - hurting the server.
Right now it really seems like it is just a pvp server and it is annoying because people keep getting killed over and over.. It just takes away from the server.

phatfinger5

Glowing Redstone
[Right now it really seems like it is just a pvp server and it is annoying because people keep getting killed over and over.. It just takes away from the server.[/quote]
I have not been killed that much, just twice.

Edit: Failed quote XD

deadfoe51

Stone
I have not been killed that much, just twice.
You're lucky then.. I've been killed over 15 times 4 or 5 with stuff that I managed to ear back (by mining and stuff) and then the rest when people just kill me over and over again