• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Realistic mode in Herocraft?

Realistic mode in Herocraft?

• Hell yes!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don'tlike it

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Sgongo

Air
Should realistic mode ever be implemented, don't you think that Herocraft should use it? Realistic mode would give a new value to items in Minecraft, expecially food. With the implementation of realistic difficulty, the economy in this server would be based on food and it would make more sense.

Ilsyde

Legacy Supporter 4
No, I think we need to go all the way to Hardcore mode:
"The rules would be that when you die, the world is deleted and you have to start afresh with a new world"

AfroDave

Legacy Supporter 3
There has been a suggestion like this before and like then I believe we should not implement a hunger system.
It's not really appealing for new players say half and hour or even a hour if you really want, walking along then dying.

1) Because they are new and getting food won't be there first priority.

2)The food system won't add another layer of challenge but be just a pain more so for expierianced players when they are mining or are doing town projects.

3)From what I see people die often enough on the server take me for example with me falling to my death. Most of the time my /home command is recharging and I am unable to get back adding this new command will mean even as I am walking back I will die because I won't have any food on me. Basicly putting me off playing the server at all.

So my conclusion is that this is not a good idea and will not make this server more 'Hardcore' but it will just be a pain , In total it will have more negative effects than positive. Also by doing this you will lessen the more thrilling and harder part of this server such as pvp. Because as they are fighting he won't die of pking but of hunger most likely.
Realism is not going to help the server what we need to do is get the multiworlds finished then the server will become more difficult.

I rest my case.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
I agree that rather than being harder it would just be annoying, as well as put off new players from the server. But then, how does it work? Do you instantly die, or lose health like in lava till you eat? If it was a slow death, maybe a heart per couple minutes after not eating for so long, that would be different, since you have plenty of time to walk to almost any town in less than the like 20 minutes it would take to fully die. But then it's not really so hard core, still more of an annoyance.

I'd need to hear how the real mod that would be implementing this works out before I can make a good decision, until then, my vote went "no".

McGreed

TNT
If we get hunger into the game, you should get a warning before losing health, like "You are feeling hungry" and then 10-15 minutes laters, you get the message "You are starving" and lose 1 heart, and if you dont eat, 5 minutes later you use 2 hearts more, and so on, until you lose more hearts then you have health and die (might regenerate health for some reasons like healing springs, but if you keep increasing the amount you lose, no matter the healing, you will die).

It will give food some better meaning then just healing, I got like 3 doublechests full of meat and half of wheat (mainly because Im to lazy to harvest), so should be easy enough to get food. And you can always have a grace periode for new players when they join.

Actually, when you log in, you should get your health/hunger status displayed for you ("You are healthy, but slightly hungry" / "You are hurt badly, but have a full stomach), this also tells the new players that there is something like hunger in the game.

I don't know how long your meals should last, an hour or something maybe. And if new people haven't managed to kill a pig before then...

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
I like the idea of a hunger system for the free-for-all map and hell.

Sitting at home in our cities we shouldn't have to worry about eating regular meals. Having to take breaks from my building project to shove fake food down my avatar's gullet is going to get old real fast.

However, having to worry about proper provisions while I'm out exploring these brave new worlds will only add to the danger and excitement of exploration. What happens if I get lost? Will I survive to make it home in one piece? Ooooh!

The only way this will be interesting is if we get rid of /home for the hell and PVP world. Being able to teleport back when the going gets tough or you're lost in the caves is not remotely hardcore in any way shape or form. We might as well be getting free TPs from the staff. The knowledge that you can push a button to safely pussy out is going to take all the excitement of risk and reward out of it. If you run out of food, you're always a /home away from a hot meal.

I'm going to make a separate thread about /home, it's been really pissing me off lately, to be honest.

MatTripp

Legacy Supporter 8
I have suggested this before and i would really love to see something like this. As it stands this server is not as hardcore as it could be and i think it would add a new stretch on things. Its not hard to carry a stack of wheat on you when you go mining or setting up a base and off loading almost a full inventory of pork with a few stacks of wheat.

As for the new player's joining the server, this would give people more of a reason to join town's. Free food for members on joining and free use of wheat farms and pork collected by town members would add a new feel for things.

I really enjoyed this in Fallout New Vegas i think it added another depth to the game that was very fun and interesting.

In all honesty this server is starting to lean towards the care bear, sure hell is hard and ffa will be to but there are just to many factors that will be easy to get out of PvP, or warp out of hell at the frist sign of damage.

I think this is something that would add to the depth of the game. For those that think it would be annoying i understand what you mean but its honestly not hard at all to farm food while your out in the wild,or plant a wheat farm in your mine.

Capn_Danger

Legacy Supporter 5
MatTripp said:
In all honesty this server is starting to lean towards the care bear, sure hell is hard and ffa will be to but there are just to many factors that will be easy to get out of PvP, or warp out of hell at the frist sign of damage.

Yeah, I agree. We need to refocus on making this server hardcore once again. However that happens, something does need to be done.