• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Reaching Level 10 For Dummies

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
If this could please be considered: Under Level Ten, you no longer lose experience for dying.

A thought occurred to me: A person would have to be impossibly bad at dying to slimes to remain level ten for an extended period of time by accident. Slime xp alone would eventually push them past the threshold, much less other mobs or mining.

My conclusion: To remain under-ten requires conscious effort , either in dying often or in *actively not participating in basic building/PvE* (for a veteran player, these actions should push you past the limit after some time). To work at something that has no conceivable incentive except the no-pvp tag seems like an exploit.

If you do not like the system, fine, you do not have to put in effort. But lets not allow people to work to avoid the system.

Edit: Jasquan has pointed out that it is easy to /hero reset, even while keeping your money, increasing the potential to exploit this.

Jasquan

Legacy Supporter 9
I see what you plan here, but people who really wanted to stay under level 10 wouldn't have that many problems with it, because of /hero reset. Of course, if you made /hero reset have some sort of cost to use - Let's say "Hero Tokens". You can buy these "Hero Tokens" for in-game currency, or perhaps buy in bulk for a few bucks. "Hero Tokens" would last even though you do /hero reset, and when you join the server, three of these tokens are granted to you.

This means that people who would do /hero reset would have to think about getting these tokens - and using in-game currency/a few bucks to get this token. Of course, if you start with 1-3 he would be able to do so a few times, but not too many times, meaning he will most certainly have to do something - like not playing at all - to stay under level 10.

Now, you may think something alike "They already lose all their money when they /hero reset". Well yes, this is true, however, they can just give their money to someone they know will pay it back. It would really be as simple as me doing /money pay someone (all my money), then he would pay it back. Simple.

I don't know if this idea has any huge flaws, as I just brainstormed it just now.

TL;DR: People can still use /hero reset. Perhaps use some sort of token system that would persist even if you /hero reset. This would cost in-game currency, or perhaps a few bucks. You would start with a few for all the newbies who doesn't have the money to simply swap class.

TL;DR;TL;DR: Go read. It's good for you.