• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rare enchants, and the message it sends to the players

Fjordsen

Legacy Supporter 6
The admin enchanting plugin Herocraft got allows admins to enchant ANY item, as Danda said. (Thank God, i remember how I couldn't get my rare enchants rollbacked last map as their ID number didnt work).

You can make a cookie have Knockback 999, a fish to have unbreaking 300 etc. Anything is possible (or should be with my experience of that plugin)

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
The admin enchanting plugin Herocraft got allows admins to enchant ANY item, as Danda said. (Thank God, i remember how I couldn't get my rare enchants rollbacked last map as their ID number didnt work).

You can make a cookie have Knockback 999, a fish to have unbreaking 300 etc. Anything is possible (or should be with my experience of that plugin)
As long as it has durability.

MajorasMask

Ungodly

Ha ha, knockback 999 cookies, I want that! :D

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
carrot-on-a-stick when that comes around? :eek:
No because that then gives them the ability to control where they're going when piggified.

Dazureus

Legacy Supporter 4
No because that then gives them the ability to control where they're going when piggified.
So then, are we disallowing all usage of carrots on a stick?

Aren't classes silenced when piggified? So it's not as though the skill is 100% useless, plus if you use right-click to try go anywhere at a decent rate you'll burn out your carrot stick.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
It may silence but that still allows melee classes movement. Which is a huge benefit

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
They are rare and fun - I have purposely limited the amount that exist.

I'm revisiting this topic. They are no longer rare, and it is common to see at least 1 enemy in a team fight who is carrying a fire aspect sword. I can tell you with certainty that I come across at least 1 person on a daily basis who is carrying one. People aren't afraid to lose them because there are too many in circulation. If you have villagers, and if you have a merchant, you have all the tools you need to stock up on these death machines.

I tested it's damage output out with a Ninja yesterday, and the fire ticks dealt either 32 or 36 HP damage. When melee classes who use swords already deal a huge amount of damage, this just adds insult to injury. Fire Aspect hoes, for instance, are only given out in events. Half the classes on this server are restricted to hoes, so you can see where the problem is.

I disgruntedly walked away from this issue when I was told that Fire Aspect Swords were rare, and I need not worry about them. I think a lot of people will agree that these things are popping up a lot more than they used to, and to make ONLY swords easily accessible is unfair and overpowered.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm revisiting this topic.
... to make ONLY swords easily accessible is unfair and overpowered.

I think the best way to balance this is waiting on a fix to enchanting books/anvils.

Ideally (to my mind), Smiths could enchant books on anvils (Weapon plans) that would allow Scribes to apply those books to your weapon of choice (Inscribed glyphs on your weapon), similar to enchanting but for non-sword weapons. Ideally, this would allow almost every weapon to have Flame (I think bows and Disciple weapons should remain exempt, as Fire Bows should be rare, and Disciple blaze rod serves a purpose), music discs, hoes, jukeboxes would all be placed on an even playing field.

Warning: even with the availability increased for Hoes (I heard some of the winners of the tournament chose a hoe because they are so unavailable, even though it was not their current class's weapon), Melee activated enchantments will still be more powerful for melee classes. I see that as it should be, yet we should allow everyone to have an enchanted weapon for the best RPG feel. EDIT: Melee enchantments will be intrinsically better for melee classes much in the same way that gold armor is a comparably bigger boost to caster specs, yet available to all. northeaster345.

TL:DR, MC fixed this with enchanting books, I think we will see it soon.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm revisiting this topic. They are no longer rare, and it is common to see at least 1 enemy in a team fight who is carrying a fire aspect sword. I can tell you with certainty that I come across at least 1 person on a daily basis who is carrying one. People aren't afraid to lose them because there are too many in circulation. If you have villagers, and if you have a merchant, you have all the tools you need to stock up on these death machines.

I tested it's damage output out with a Ninja yesterday, and the fire ticks dealt either 32 or 36 HP damage. When melee classes who use swords already deal a huge amount of damage, this just adds insult to injury. Fire Aspect hoes, for instance, are only given out in events. Half the classes on this server are restricted to hoes, so you can see where the problem is.

I disgruntedly walked away from this issue when I was told that Fire Aspect Swords were rare, and I need not worry about them. I think a lot of people will agree that these things are popping up a lot more than they used to, and to make ONLY swords easily accessible is unfair and overpowered.

I don't think it's a problem that you can pay a decent sum of money, and get a slight advantage in pvp. Casters may not have easy access to fire aspect swords, but we can add 2 armors bars to our total for a similar price (20 gold ingots for helm, chest and legs). All classes can add either speed or health to augment themselves with potions.

You might make the point that diamond swords last longer, but that's only true if you don't die. I'd say that going from 72% melee dmg (leather) to 56% melee dmg (gold + leather boots) is more significant than a few fire ticks. That's a 22% damage reduction going from leather to gold (1 - 56/72) and 44% going from no armor.

northeaster345

Legacy Supporter 8
This is dodging the issue at hand. A caster loading himself up with golden armor isn't a fair trade-off against a Samurai with a fire-aspect sword.

I'd say that gold armor is more effective than fire aspect, since fire can stop the melee attacker from getting attacks off if you hit at the same time as the fire tick. Also fire doesn't stack, so it doesn't necessarily do 32 extra damage per hit.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I'd say that gold armor is more effective than fire aspect, since fire can stop the melee attacker from getting attacks off if you hit at the same time as the fire tick. Also fire doesn't stack, so it doesn't necessarily do 32 extra damage per hit.
It'll certainly keep you in constant DOTs though. Let's be honest, you're lucky to still have any piece of gold armor on you after 1 fight. 216c worth of coins to equip yourself for 1 fight? I'll let you figure out how long a fire aspect diamond sword lasts though. Hint : It's a tad longer than 1 fight.

zachimon

Legacy Supporter 7
Resistance is futile, abandon all hope now. Buy a fire aspect sword or forever complain and get nowhere.