• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rare enchants, and the message it sends to the players

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
I was under the impression that when you received an enchant like Fire Aspect on a sword that it wouldn't do anything, since that enchantment is disabled on the server. It's been brought to my attention that these enchantments exist, and certainly work.

Now, I understand that these items don't come cheap, nor will they last forever, but the thought that already OP (yes i said it) classes that can use diamond swords have the ability to light an opponent on fire 100% of the time is, of course, ridiculous. Especially when I saw in a thread someone advertising a fire aspect diamond shovel. If that's the case, I'm going to make the assumption that a fire aspect axe would be a possibility as well. This would take care of all warrior specs, along with ninjas, runeblades, pyromancers and bards.

This would be a non-issue if all items could be universally enchanted. Due to the fact that hoes, music discs, fish and other similar items can't be enchanted, you are leaving half of the classes in the dust. I have no idea if enchants like Sharpness or Protection work, but if that's the case, then you are just insulting our intelligence by allowing this to happen.

TL;DR? Allow things like Fortune picks or Silk Touch to exist since EVERYONE can use it. Having rare enchants where only half the classes are able to use is absolutely, without a doubt, unfair.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
stds is my friend and even I think his threads are annoying and over dramatic. but i guess thats because im an op pally that can't kill anyone. but still vastly op, clearly

A

Aburido_burrito

I was under the impression that when you received an enchant like Fire Aspect on a sword that it wouldn't do anything, since that enchantment is disabled on the server. It's been brought to my attention that these enchantments exist, and certainly work.

Now, I understand that these items don't come cheap, nor will they last forever, but the thought that already OP (yes i said it) classes that can use diamond swords have the ability to light an opponent on fire 100% of the time is, of course, ridiculous. Especially when I saw in a thread someone advertising a fire aspect diamond shovel. If that's the case, I'm going to make the assumption that a fire aspect axe would be a possibility as well. This would take care of all warrior specs, along with ninjas, runeblades, pyromancers and bards.

This would be a non-issue if all items could be universally enchanted. Due to the fact that hoes, music discs, fish and other similar items can't be enchanted, you are leaving half of the classes in the dust. I have no idea if enchants like Sharpness or Protection work, but if that's the case, then you are just insulting our intelligence by allowing this to happen.

TL;DR? Allow things like Fortune picks or Silk Touch to exist since EVERYONE can use it. Having rare enchants where only half the classes are able to use is absolutely, without a doubt, unfair.
you get them from events, shit lord.

I_Love_Miners

Legacy Supporter 5
There are way more important issues than a few guys running around with fire swords. if certain classes want to use swords, be a smith. a legitimate complaint could be that swords can be enchanted in general while dics and whatever weird items some of these classes can use, cannot be enchanted. but I guess I'm the only one that doesn't really give a shit and act like the world will end if the classes arent balanced perfectly. banning hackers and scumbags should be everyones #1 concern

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
If you win a weapon in an event Kainzo can make(I believe)any item in the game have an enchantment. So this thread is invalid.

Kimsgrim

Legacy Supporter 5
I would love to be able to enchant my hoe! But I wont die in a fire if other classes get enchanted weapons and I don't.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
The rarity of these items gives a reason NOT to use them at all. People like to use them as collection items, instead of weapons. While it may seem OP to go around with a Fire Aspect Sword, imagine how much will you rage when you get ganged up by 3 people and die, losing a sword that is worth around 600-1000c.

c12095

Holy Shit!
Now I remember why I cringe at your suggestions. Your the guy who thinks if you place two monkeys in the same room pvping on herocraft there should be a 50/50 split of wins to losses regardless of class/skill...

This server has advantages to players, anyone stupid enough to fight me with a fire aspect anything will be dead shortly and their fire aspect will find it's way into my lwc where I keep mine locked up. Theres no reason to use it for common pvp. Just because you were unable to win during an event doesn't mean that the rest should be penalized for winning. The amount is regulated and used for special occasions.

STDs4YouAnd4Me

Legacy Supporter 8
Now I remember why I cringe at your suggestions. Your the guy who thinks if you place two SIMILARLY SKILLED monkeys I the same room pvping on herocraft there should be a 50/50 split of wins to losses regardless of class/skill...

You missed the most important part. Balance is balance. There shouldn't be classes that exist which are miles ahead of most classes in damage output, defensive ability, and mobility. That's where balance comes in. That's where you come in... to ensure that there aren't new players who have a split second decision on which 4 paths to choose.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
You missed the most important part. Balance is balance. There shouldn't be classes that exist which are miles ahead of most classes in damage output, defensive ability, and mobility. That's where balance comes in. That's where you come in... to ensure that there aren't new players who have a split second decision on which 4 paths to choose.
I think c12 knows what he's talking about, considering he's the leader of the balance team.... Just saying...

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
But you can get enchants on those other items. The only reason the swords exist is because they were given out in an event. I know for a fact there is a Diamond Hoe out there with knockback and fire aspect along with a few other random enchants.

The fact is these items are only handed out at events and rarely at that. There are very few in circulation (about 10), You're arguing that certain classes are op because their weapon can be enchanted. All classes bar 1 can have enchants on a weapon they're capable of using.

The only enchant that work that aren't included in the standard enchant pool is fire aspect.

Diffuse

Legacy Supporter 4
I am a disciple and I find it very rude that there are no fire aspect fish in circulation.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
I am in possesion of The Bow of Apollo.

fire, flame aspect, sharpness, knockback, and smite. all 1.

I only mention it to show that any item will be granted, depending on your spec and what you ask for. I will not be removing it from its LWC'd alter any time soon.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
There is only 1 class that can't get a enchanted weapon atm and that's disciple. We're only able to enchant items that have durability atm.