• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger's - Summon Wolf

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
Hello and welcome!
I wanted to discuss in short the current Ranger skill Tame Wolf.

It's a wonderful idea and fits perfectly with Ranger lore. But being able to use this skill is rare and of all skills in Herocraft most likely one of the least used. Wolves are very rare on the map and can only be breed by a farmer, which means that this skill is all but useless to any Ranger that is not specced into Farmer. I am personally not a fan of requiring a crafting spec to use skills from the combat spec.

I would suggest changing this skill to
Summon Wolf
Mana: 300
Reagent: 5 Bones
Cooldown: 15 minutes
Warn Up: 15 seconds
Description: Calls your faithful four legged friend to your side.
Catches:

Make sure it un-summons any previous casts.
Make sure the Wolf attacks targets hit with your bow.
Make sure the Wolf can be healed with meat.
Any way to make the wolf despawn/respawn on login/logout?

@Skill master - @Delfofthebla

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
While I like it im sure its been suggested before but I like it.

werwew19

Coder
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 6
Hello and welcome!
I wanted to discuss in short the current Ranger skill Tame Wolf.

It's a wonderful idea and fits perfectly with Ranger lore. But being able to use this skill is rare and of all skills in Herocraft most likely one of the least used. Wolves are very rare on the map and can only be breed by a farmer, which means that this skill is all but useless to any Ranger that is not specced into Farmer. I am personally not a fan of requiring a crafting spec to use skills from the combat spec.

I would suggest changing this skill to
Summon Wolf
Mana: 300
Reagent: 5 Bones
Cooldown: 15 minutes
Warn Up: 15 seconds
Description: Calls your faithful four legged friend to your side.
Catches:

Make sure it un-summons any previous casts.
Make sure the Wolf attacks targets hit with your bow.
Make sure the Wolf can be healed with meat.
Any way to make the wolf despawn/respawn on login/logout?

@Skill master - @Delfofthebla
Adding onto a few of the catches. Make the heal a decent CD spamming meat will just make the wolf broken and frustrating to fight against as I can get a stack of meat and spam it until full. I believe the wolf should only be out for 30 seconds or so instead of until it dies. Thats my two cents on the skill if it gets added.

Vermatrax

Wood
I would like to add to this. Tonight I went looking for wolves as a ranger. I tamed 4 and was taking them back to my base to breed them for a supply of wolves . I decided to try them out on the way home and let a spider hit me. All 4 wolves died instantly one hit each from a spider. Is this a bug or intended because currently wolves are completely worthless in there current state on this server. I love the idea of this skill and want to see it be worth while

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I would like to add to this. Tonight I went looking for wolves as a ranger. I tamed 4 and was taking them back to my base to breed them for a supply of wolves . I decided to try them out on the way home and let a spider hit me. All 4 wolves died instantly one hit each from a spider. Is this a bug or intended because currently wolves are completely worthless in there current state on this server. I love the idea of this skill and want to see it be worth while
I think their hp is bugged. There was a point where they had ridiculous hp due to a bug or something if i remember correct.
@Delfofthebla can you confirm that? I dont know if they are still broken

Spicycheez

Portal
Yes! Is this possible to do without being very buggy though? Beastmaster back in zeal was really buggy with wolves, sometimes they did too much damage, sometimes too little, sometimes too many wolves spawned etc.