• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Rangers smoke arrow

should smoke arrow be added as a Ranger ability

• yes

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • no

Votes: 8 66.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Ranger class should have a smoke arrow that robs the target of sight at some point in their leveling. its a really useful ability that would give the Ranger a good edge seeing how it is a lesser class as of right now. Rangers have no Damage as of now so it would be very beneficial escape ability.
"ranger has no damage as of now" ... you have to be fucking stupid..

"it would be very beneficial escape ability" ... because grapplinghook camo and punch 2 bows aren't enough. Oh and gills and icevolley.

"would give ranger a good edge seeing how it is a lesser class" .. this one just made me laugh :}} very cute. Its a super strong class as it is and can do 200+ dmg per arrow with average agi.

YOU JUST JOINED, you absolutely know nothing about herocraft or how the classes are played, you're probably not even a ranger, and if you are i doubt you've maxed it. And im damn sure you've never pvped with it.

Please actually master and pvp with a class before making stupid suggestions.

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Ranger class should have a smoke arrow that robs the target of sight at some point in their leveling. its a really useful ability that would give the Ranger a good edge seeing how it is a lesser class as of right now. Rangers have no Damage as of now so it would be very beneficial escape ability.
I don't know how much of ranger you've played, but it has a tonnnnnn of damage. Aimedshot, explosive shot, envenom, and the close to 220 damage on unarmored opponents makes it very very good.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Ranger would still be a good class even if all of its combat skills were removed but skills like track and forage stayed because it's bow dmg is very VERY high.
@CoolBeans279 pretty much said everything.

MajDeath

Portal
Things like this thread make me think there should be an account age limit that must be met before you can post in suggestions. :)

MCderpy12

Legacy Supporter 3
@Lostboi007
Basically, what coolbeans said (but without being such a ****)
Don't let this put you off making suggestions, but in the future please make sure you have a clue what you are talking about (no offence)

I see that you only joined yesterday and you are trying to get into the community, but you could not possibly of mastered ranger in that time, as you are a new player.

I am wondering if you are confused with the way the server works, as you said that you get very low dmg, I think you were still a lost soul using a bow, which only gives you 40-50 dmg per arrow.

So on that note, if you need help getting to know the server, ask questions in /ch h and people normally will reply.

~MC

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
I can vouch for @Lostboi007 , he has been playing on the server off and on for the last 2 weeks and he has achieved the status of "ranger" though not yet mastered or used in pvp.
I can vouch for pampita he has played for 3 years and is very good lets add "kill" ples.

Skill Name: Kill.
Desc: Kills anything in 1 hit, even in pve.
cost: 420 Secretly we are gay.
lvl: 1.

@Pampita

devotedworker

Retired Staff
Max Legacy Supporter
Coolbeans lay off youre just being mean nos
I do agree that Coolbeans is being somewhat a jerk, but he and some others have brought up some good points about the suggestion.

Atm Ranger is a fairly well played class, its not as popular as some classes, but it can deal a ton of damage and kill very quickly. I do not believe the class is in need of a buff PVP wise, its a RANGED class, so it would be expected it would preform below average in close ranged combat. ( Which is good portion of all PVP )

Its still a good idea to suggest buffs and changes to any class, thank you for the suggestion :D

Beau_Nearh

Portal
The suggestion itself is good as there isn't a skill like this at the moment (I don't think so anyway). However, with the current stats/ setup of ranger, it would tip it's balance into making it an even stronger class than it is. I could see a skill like this maybe being used in another class as a ranged blind.

Overall good suggestion but not for the right class, also ignore the idiots who are being rude and don't let this deter you from making a suggestion in the future.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Not as a white listed member though, who are you anyway? Lol your vouch means even less then Xani telling my to stay out of event arena

Try to keep it civil, being rude to newer plays like this doesn't help the player base nor does it help with growing the community.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
The suggestion itself is good as there isn't a skill like this at the moment (I don't think so anyway). However, with the current stats/ setup of ranger, it would tip it's balance into making it an even stronger class than it is. I could see a skill like this maybe being used in another class as a ranged blind.

Overall good suggestion but not for the right class, also ignore the idiots who are being rude and don't let this deter you from making a suggestion in the future.
Unless an entirely new class that was a variation of ranger I could never see this skill ( but please Sammy first :p ) . You shouldn't ignore cool dans and Jupiter because even though a lot of what they can be sarcastic or just rude, they still PVP more than most of you and their opinions should be taken into consideration.

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Unless an entirely new class that was a variation of ranger I could never see this skill ( but please Sammy first :p ) . You shouldn't ignore cool dans and Jupiter because even though a lot of what they can be sarcastic or just rude, they still PVP more than most of you and their opinions should be taken into consideration.

In terms of the skill, I could see a 'ranged blind' being put on a class such as necro. Would add a new dynamic playstyle In my opinion. And regardless of how much 'experience' they have, there is no excuse for being rude/ ignorant when replying to threads within the forums. Especially to newer players.

Status
Not open for further replies.