• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Rangers are OP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neotetro

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly I think Rangers are over powered. I'm a rogue myself and am thinking of ranger so this isn't a "rant." I think they're over powered for the following reasons.
  • Rangers are supposed to be about range - having an iron sword makes them near deadly in close combat. That should be a rangers weakness, not their strength. I'd give them a sword or even wooden sword. A bow can fend off most melee attackers with ease and an iron sword is REALLY overkill. My overall suggestion is to nerf the sword carrying abilities so that rangers are about range.

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
They have an iron sword? I agree with this after just reading that part already, although I did read it all. Back on the last map I could go into a fight and take down 3+ people by myself with a bow and almost never get hit. Should indeed be a stone or even wood sword. I would prefer to see it wood since bows really do destroy you if the player is any good at all with one lol.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Several things can be overlooked, including some of the weapon grants. It's hard to manage 25 different class nodes and not miss a thing or two - Initially - I think the bow should be the primary usage.

R3xz

Glowstone
Also, you have to consider that it's hella hard to use a bow properly in this server, especially when stuff are lagging left and right and zero of your shots connects.

Status
Not open for further replies.