• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Fire Arrow Suggestions

Moorcaste

Legacy Supporter 3
I am suggesting that we remove the skill Firearrow from Rangers.

Level 20 Skill Fire Arrow
Your arrows set your target on fire but each arrow drains you of an additional 10 mana

I think we can agree that the goal was to give the Ranger a damage skill.
Here are my reasons to request a change.

o When a target (either a mob or a player) is on fire, they do not get hit by arrows when taking fire tick damage (while not taking tick damage but on fire, arrows DO hit). The arrows do zero damage and bounce off of them, and upon hitting something on the rebound, they apply any SkillArrow (poison/ice/fire) to the rebounded target. This can lead to Rangers poisoning, slowing, or burning themselves. The problem rest with mine craft itself and not with our coders.

o If the above ("FireArrow negates most all arrow damage and creates the potential for self-inflicted damage/slows") is correct, then good Rangers cannot use the skill FireArrow. I understand that the armor-ignoring fire ticks have their place in any skillset, but the tradeoff is almost always too much for us.

o I have to believe that fire arrow was designed to become obsolete when you get ice arrow at level 30. Ice arrow is one of two skills (other is Track) that makes this a viable class.

Suggestions...
(Passive) First Strike, if you have not shot an arrow in 20 seconds then next shot has a chance to crit

Other Suggestions

Scout- Move Faster when not taking damage (Active 20sec cd)
Bottomless Quiver - same function as infinity enchantment, limited time.
Bloody Arrow - Next arrow will deal damage plus a percentage of the targets max health

NOTE:
Special thanks to Roadkill909 and Dswemd (whose words I could improve upon)

Moorcaste

Legacy Supporter 3
The number of arrows reflected do to fire ticks is very high. Even when i was low level (only fire arrow available) i did not use this skill.

Roadkill909

ICE ICE ICE!
Could of just bumped the other thread. I'm still in favor of this. I'll repost my suggestions as well:

• Piercing Shot - High velocity, high damage arrow (175?), ignores armor, long CD
  • Rapid fire - Instaneous low damage (50?) shots, fire as fast as you can click, limited time
  • Scatter shot - multiple arrows fired at once with a spread
  • ArrowStorm - non-pickupable arrows rain from the sky near a targeted area over time
  • Bottomless Quiver - same function as infinity enchantment, limited time
  • Debilitating Shot - The next bow shot fires a slowness-blinding splash potion
  • Flashbang - Tosses a slowness-blinding potion
  • Armor Piercing (AP) Arrows - Another ammo power, each arrow has a very high velocity and does 75 damage but ignores armor, uses mana per arrow

Moorcaste

Legacy Supporter 3
This thread is less concerned by the matchups (i personally am concerned about armored but not addressing it here)

I would just like fire arrow replaced with a different skill.