• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Danger

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I TRULY understand why everyone complained about ice arrow being broken. I get that it was annoying being kited like no tomorrow and being perma-slowed. With this change you will not be chain slowed but will still give rangers a chance to have some sort of chasing/kiting potential that they need. Instead of just removing their most core spells (IceArrow), why not just make it a 1 time usage?

MultiShot= Your next shot shoots up to 5 arrows that each (Deal extra damage? Slow? Ignite? Poison? Nasuea? I need ideas) for 4 seconds (6 Stamina, 10 CD) (Level 55)

As a personal opinion, I feel rangers shouldn't be strong on the melee side of the class and their weakness should be melee range. Maybe this could be a good replacement for the annoying Multi-shot spam and Ice Arrow spam, while also keeping ranger away from the "point and click" type class like it is currently with multi-shot. Thanks

@Delfofthebla

Last edited:

Weikauno

Coder
I would like to see ranger have some kind of trap or something other than ice arrow to slow their enemies, because I just see ice arrow as very impractical in terms of lore, imo. I just don't see Rangers shooting arrows that are cold and slow their enemies. If we do get a slow skill again, I think it should not be in the form of an arrow, unless something like shooting an arrow that flings an ensnare web hold on the enemy, with like 60% bow charge/range, and the snare works just like wizzy's ensnare.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
I would like to see ranger have some kind of trap or something other than ice arrow to slow their enemies, because I just see ice arrow as very impractical in terms of lore, imo. I just don't see Rangers shooting arrows that are cold and slow their enemies. If we do get a slow skill again, I think it should not be in the form of an arrow, unless something like shooting an arrow that flings an ensnare web hold on the enemy, with like 60% bow charge/range, and the snare works just like wizzy's ensnare.
But tis like ashe volley :(

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
But tis like ashe volley :(
This isn't LOL. The old Ranger was basically an "Arcane Archer." It didn't fit the class or the lore. You have Maim as a slow and it's all you need. You shouldn't need a slow to excel as a ranger.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
This isn't LOL. The old Ranger was basically an "Arcane Archer." It didn't fit the class or the lore. You have Maim as a slow and it's all you need. You shouldn't need a slow to excel as a ranger.
I wanted this change to FIX multishot instead of just making the damage on it cut in half. It can be spammed endlessly. It makes more sense to be a one time use spell to make it less powerful, this is NOT a buff request but a fix.

_Maxo

Legacy Supporter 3
Honestly the main point of the skill was to remove multi-shot and replace it with a 1 time usage AoE cone shot. It doesn't need to slow... but I figured it should have some extra effect to it to make it a bit more useful. Any ideas?