• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Change

BilltheCynic

Stone
Personally, I find the skill 'gills' to be next to useless. It is much faster to travel across water on boat and you can still breathe underwater indefinately using a bucket. Instead, I propose that this be replaced with a useful passive skill: quick draw. Basically, a small buff (maybe 15%?) to how quickly you can pull back your bow that scales with agility.

BilltheCynic

Stone
I say why bother with it when a simple bucket does the jpb almost as well. Seems a bit underwhelming to me

BilltheCynic

Stone
Ok, I agree that gills would be very useful for staying underwater forever IF you couldn't use a waterbucket to do the exact same thing

Sn0wBorn

Iron
Using gills prevents you from having to switch the item you are holding, it is a very useful skill if used at proper times. It would allow someone to keep shooting at someone who is trying to dive, and switching to a bucket would make a gap in shooting time.

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
As others have stated, ranger is incredible in water. Having such high damage arrows, in an area where it is impossible to strafe is a deadly combo. While gills may be very situational, when you get into that situation; you are going to win.

Weikauno

Coder
Personally, I find the skill 'gills' to be next to useless. It is much faster to travel across water on boat and you can still breathe underwater indefinately using a bucket. Instead, I propose that this be replaced with a useful passive skill: quick draw. Basically, a small buff (maybe 15%?) to how quickly you can pull back your bow that scales with agility.
gills is very useful, good for fighting in water for example, and I had already suggested a skill exactly called "quick draw" which was proposed to make the bow draw faster, and they tried doing that but it's too hard to code, and they just don't have the time to put in to a skill like that because they are working on so much already. But I wouldn't see why that would replace gills anyways.

Nayr1993

Glowing Redstone
Honestly, gills is probably my second most used skill, right in front of it being summon arrow. Gills has saved my life on many occasions, be it being chased by a pali or just building under water.