• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Buff?

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
Being a closet Rangersexual, I like Ranger in its current state with its High risk/skill High reward, but in the near future, I would be cool to see the Wolves that ranger has to, to be used effectively.

I know many of us have played WoW at one point and using some concepts of Hunter would be too nice, like using pets and such to Tank, Kite, or extra DPS. Sadly, there are a lot of restrictions with what many creatures can do. Luckily, there might be luck, as there are APIs out there that allow coders to effectively use mobs to be controlled.

After looking at many of these API, http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-mods/controllable-mobs-api/ seems to be pretty legit and there's great feed back on this. Server space and usage is a problem with many servers and luckily its pretty compact only being 115KB and really taking up usage as much as the code calls for it. I really like this plugin API because there is soo much you could do with so much ease, I find it possible to have skills dedicated to the pets them selves. The API allows for the mobs to explore and attack targets in queue. It even allows the mobs to have a override if they are attacked while attacking a targeted entity. If anyone knows basic java, or understands the basic syntax, a lot of this stuff was pretty difficult to code with the old mob AI and just with the bukkit API.

Really what I am saying, is that, it would be great if skills were coded to spawn 1-3 wolves, give them directional skills to attack, defend, patrol, protect and give specific buffs, like haste, strength, speed, and regen, allowing for a more dynamic field of play. Obviously, there would be a cooldown on when they can be spawned, and limit on how many are active.
There is even more variety, as that API allows the use for control on zombies, withers, cows, Golems, and many more. Even if Ranger pet rework wasn't implemented, it would still be cool to see mob hordes and roaming mob bosses around the map to add to the PvE factor of things

At this point, I don't know where I'm going with this. Please post your thoughts, onions, and other concerns about such power, and more love to Rangers!