• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger- Bow-Slap replace Barrage

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Let's face it barrage has no application... in MA it grabs aggro from the 3 mobs it hits because the arrows don't penetrate, PVP you may hit 1 or 2 players for a total of 50 damage instantly, you waste 24 or so arrows, and aside from that it physically makes no sense. I don't think its possible to instantly shoot 24 arrows in a circle. Then 3 levels later you get arrow storm which fires multiple arrows across a reasonable time frame.

I propose Barrage gets replaced with a skill that could be named Bow-Slap, ranger takes his bow and uses it to hit everyone within arms reach back. So in essence a skill that deals 50 damage, pushes back about as far as a punchII bow, and doesn't waste my precious arrows. It also makes sense :)

Thoughts?

Joka10

Soulsand
Bow slap...

I agree that barrage is pretty useless, but bow slap just sounds stupid ._.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Aww its basically force-push with a different name :/

Name it something different that sounds cooler.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Whirling Strike?

Bingy1218

Legacy Supporter 4
Ive seen barrage used quite skillfully by rangers mainly in pvp.

I would be chasing them and if they were stuck or needed to get that bit of damage down they would ice arrow or w/e then use barrage.
personally i think it should stay as it is because much like many skills they only have a purpose in certain conditions.
Btw the waste of arrows (24) might be what separates you from life and death? :)

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
Ive seen barrage used quite skillfully by rangers mainly in pvp.

I would be chasing them and if they were stuck or needed to get that bit of damage down they would ice arrow or w/e then use barrage.
personally i think it should stay as it is because much like many skills they only have a purpose in certain conditions.
Btw the waste of arrows (24) might be what separates you from life and death? :)

True as that may be, my other main point of it being ludicrous that anyone is able to shoot 24 arrows at once with, or without a bow in a full circle still stands :p

To be honest I don't really think what I'm suggesting is a nerf or a buff of this skill in any way, we lose the ability to use an enchanted arrow in a full circle, get a penetrating ability, keep our arrows, and probably lose some sort of cost item like sugar, sulfur or a bone?

RagingDragon5

Portal
Let's face it barrage has no application... in MA it grabs aggro from the 3 mobs it hits because the arrows don't penetrate, PVP you may hit 1 or 2 players for a total of 50 damage instantly, you waste 24 or so arrows, and aside from that it physically makes no sense. I don't think its possible to instantly shoot 24 arrows in a circle. Then 3 levels later you get arrow storm which fires multiple arrows across a reasonable time frame.

I propose Barrage gets replaced with a skill that could be named Bow-Slap, ranger takes his bow and uses it to hit everyone within arms reach back. So in essence a skill that deals 50 damage, pushes back about as far as a punchII bow, and doesn't waste my precious arrows. It also makes sense :)

Thoughts?

I agree with you on barrage, I feel it's a pretty useless skill, but on the other parts I disagree. You mention " it physically makes no sense. I don't think its possible to instantly shoot 24 arrows in a circle."I don't think making no sense fits well with herocraft since 90% of herocraft is basically impossible. Bow-Slap seems unnecessary to me, and a little bit OP. A punchII bow sends someone back really far so yea.

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with you on barrage, I feel it's a pretty useless skill, but on the other parts I disagree. You mention " it physically makes no sense. I don't think its possible to instantly shoot 24 arrows in a circle."I don't think making no sense fits well with herocraft since 90% of herocraft is basically impossible. Bow-Slap seems unnecessary to me, and a little bit OP. A punchII bow sends someone back really far so yea.

how would it be OP if it delt less damage and did a knockback? its basically the same thing minus the loss of arrows and penetration

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I once made a thread on barrage as well. Currently, it has very little use. Something like this is called for, but it's not a priority by any means for Kainzo as far as I know.

Xerot

Legacy Supporter 4
I seldom use barrage. And I've pretty much only on one occasion seen another player use barrage, granted it never even hit me while he was using it some odd months ago. Considering how situational the skill can be, and how costly it is, what with fatigue now, I propose we either have it removed, or replaced with a skill that could be more useable while retaining some kind of balance to the already large array of skills Rangers have available to them.

I personally wouldn't miss barrage. If anything, I would love to see it replaced with some kind of skill more applicable to PvE/PvP. Bowslap, which was suggested somewhere below this thread, is one alternative, granted we have punch bows and arrowstorm for situations needing a skill exclusively for knockback. A skill I'd like to see, personally would be what I'd call 'Focusedshot'. It could be used only while sneaking, but upon use, the next arrow you fire will deal an enhanced amount of damage or pierce armor, with a heavy cooldown and heavy fatigue cost. I think personally, with how rangers ought to be played (Stealth and keeping distance from an opponent), it'd compliment the class rather nicely. Not only that, but it would remain balanced simply because it's based purely on the skill of the ranger using it. Any old fool can get up close and personal and use arrowstorm to whittle down an opponents health, but it takes much more effort and skill to aim a shot with high risk and high reward.

Plus it'd make rangers merciless as far as single targets go. Barrage doesn't seem to fit the ranger motif, since it's an AoE. And I believe only mages or cleavers are the ones needing any AoE, rangers and just about every rogue spec, save for bard, is specialized to beating down a target 1v1 with power based on your skill and stealth. A skill shot ability for rangers would be awesome, too, since most other classes have their own sort of skillshot ability. Arrowstorm, as far as I'm concerned, feels more like a spray-'n'-pray ability for when a target gets too close. It almost promotes the idea of getting up close and personal if that's considered our skillshot ability. Rangers + close range = what.

So, thoughts? Concerns?

FalseLuck

Legacy Supporter 7
I once made a thread on barrage as well. Currently, it has very little use. Something like this is called for, but it's not a priority by any means for Kainzo as far as I know.

You're probably right that it's not a priority but if it gets enough support it could be :)

Kwong050

Holy Shit!
I seldom use barrage. And I've pretty much only on one occasion seen another player use barrage, granted it never even hit me while he was using it some odd months ago. Considering how situational the skill can be, and how costly it is, what with fatigue now, I propose we either have it removed, or replaced with a skill that could be more useable while retaining some kind of balance to the already large array of skills Rangers have available to them.

I personally wouldn't miss barrage. If anything, I would love to see it replaced with some kind of skill more applicable to PvE/PvP. Bowslap, which was suggested somewhere below this thread, is one alternative, granted we have punch bows and arrowstorm for situations needing a skill exclusively for knockback. A skill I'd like to see, personally would be what I'd call 'Focusedshot'. It could be used only while sneaking, but upon use, the next arrow you fire will deal an enhanced amount of damage or pierce armor, with a heavy cooldown and heavy fatigue cost. I think personally, with how rangers ought to be played (Stealth and keeping distance from an opponent), it'd compliment the class rather nicely. Not only that, but it would remain balanced simply because it's based purely on the skill of the ranger using it. Any old fool can get up close and personal and use arrowstorm to whittle down an opponents health, but it takes much more effort and skill to aim a shot with high risk and high reward.

Plus it'd make rangers merciless as far as single targets go. Barrage doesn't seem to fit the ranger motif, since it's an AoE. And I believe only mages or cleavers are the ones needing any AoE, rangers and just about every rogue spec, save for bard, is specialized to beating down a target 1v1 with power based on your skill and stealth. A skill shot ability for rangers would be awesome, too, since most other classes have their own sort of skillshot ability. Arrowstorm, as far as I'm concerned, feels more like a spray-'n'-pray ability for when a target gets too close. It almost promotes the idea of getting up close and personal if that's considered our skillshot ability. Rangers + close range = what.

So, thoughts? Concerns?
This Focusedshot would make a great use for rogue's sneak,

Hiiggiins

Glowstone
Barrage is good if you're being chased. Maybe instead of having the arrows shoot in all directions, they shoot where you're looking? and instead of 24 arrows it could be like arrowstorm and have a random amount of arrows.