• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Ranger Bow Power

How accurate is this?

• Total voters

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Not sure how many posts there are on this, but rangers bow damage per shot is very powerful, It takes 4-7 shots to take down just about anyone, I would suggest adding in more skills for ranger(skills you can combo), and lower it's bow damage

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
Honestly this would make the class much harder to play, we already get owned in melee range and have to aim and actually HIT shots to do damage. If people are too silly to not strafe a ranger, that is their fault in my opinion. Having to manage more than 14 skills and run around AND hit shots would be excessively annoying and unnecessary.

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
Not adding more skills, but maybe reduce the damage and also remove the slow when charging the bow, so they do less damage per shot, but they can move better

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Honestly this would make the class much harder to play, we already get owned in melee range and have to aim and actually HIT shots to do damage. If people are too silly to not strafe a ranger, that is their fault in my opinion. Having to manage more than 14 skills and run around AND hit shots would be excessively annoying and unnecessary.
It is difficult to strafe close ranged, and it is not very difficult to play as a ranger, I have been one before, I suck at pvp tbh and I still killed pretty much anyone, I feel that ranger disrupts the balance of class counters

peterpunx

Legacy Supporter 6
well, just to mention all the cry in o chat... players complaining about how op ranger is (even balance members)

-has no teamfight
-no chaise
-low scape
-only class that gets damage reduced by enchanted armor directly
-if theres a bit of lag, imposible to play

ye, sure that if the ranger gets a couple of lucky shots, can defeat a non prepared player

*dont suggest nerfs to a class if you havent played it at all

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Ranger, excuse the pun, is a really hit or miss class balance wise. If we add skills making it easier to hit shots, such as slows, or add more armor piercing skills, we would make the class too powerful. Yet if we lowered the bow damage the team fighting potential would be even lower. I say just leave it as is for now... Doesn't seem like a major problem to me, but that's just my opinion.

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
well, just to mention all the cry in o chat... players complaining about how op ranger is (even balance members)

-has no teamfight
-no chaise
-low scape
-only class that gets damage reduced by enchanted armor directly
-if theres a bit of lag, imposible to play

ye, sure that if the ranger gets a couple of lucky shots, can defeat a non prepared player

*dont suggest nerfs to a class if you havent played it at all
I have played the class, I know it's ups and downs, I have made an opinion/observation on how it deals damage and how it takes it in return of dealing. All in all my thoughts are that the class is quite simple to play and very easy to win with

Mischevity

Legacy Supporter 8
Ranger, excuse the pun, is a really hit or miss class balance wise. If we add skills making it easier to hit shots, such as slows, or add more armor piercing skills, we would make the class too powerful. Yet if we lowered the bow damage the team fighting potential would be even lower. I say just leave it as is for now... Doesn't seem like a major problem to me, but that's just my opinion.
What I mean was, add a little more skills, get rid of some of it's utility skills and lower the bow damage a bit, that would balance it in my opinion

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
If this was an mmo the "sniper" spec would be slow while charging and the scout would be fast with lower damage </3

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Not sure how many posts there are on this, but rangers bow damage per shot is very powerful, It takes 4-7 shots to take down just about anyone, I would suggest adding in more skills for ranger(skills you can combo), and lower it's bow damage
Here's the thing. They are broken on event and arena. They do 3 hearts to leather users. It's pretty dumb. But on live... Projectile projection makes the damage go down alot. I think a full charge shot does like half a heart to me then with projectile protection..

MunchlaxHero

Max Legacy Supporter
Here's the thing. They are broken on event and arena. They do 3 hearts to leather users. It's pretty dumb. But on live... Projectile projection makes the damage go down alot. I think a full charge shot does like half a heart to me then with projectile protection..
Remove proj prot and reduce the damage of shots a little bit so its jot 3 hearts on a leather user

SoHighFive

Soulsand
Remove proj prot and reduce the damage of shots a little bit so its jot 3 hearts on a leather user

Remove projectile protection and leveling just got insanely harder depending on where/what you fight.

In addition enchanting doesn't need to take another hit. Without projectile protection enchanting will be an even larger pain in the butt.

As for ranger bow damage, I most agree with Irishman. Rangers are more affected by lag than most other classes, and I don't think that they should be changed much.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah some pathfinder made my health go just go from full to 2 hearts last night on arena

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Every time a good player goes ranger and actively pvps someone makes a suggestion like this, it's happened forever now.

Anyways I don't have any real input since I'm inactive.

@Irishman81 grats on getting all staff titles again buddy :p

xMJay

Portal
ranger sucks ...it is decent in arena but the maps suck and classes are missing extra gear like potions

good in some 1v1s/ok in small fights/near useless in organized team fights of 5+

Last edited:

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
I'll like completely outplay him and pin him up against a corner (In arena on visions) and he will completely fuck me up, 3 arrows kills a ninja o_o

edit* used aimed shot + explosive + 1 arrow = dead
Note* Im wearing full leather

Last edited: