• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Raiding Townships

Ruger392

Obsidian
Not sure if this was suggested but I feel the "To do list" Hoopla needs to put this right at front and shouldnt need to wait until the next big patch!

Currently raiding townships is a no go because we cannot do a few simple things, access unprotected chests and open doors. (trapdoors), access lift signs, and gate signs.

I suggest these should be added back within this weekend because raiding towns was a big part of every-other map in herocraft. I mean this for all towns both pve and pvp alike.

@cindy_k @Alator @Kainzo @Xanipher why u ded xanipher ?

peeeeeeeeeew

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
I agree that the townships currently restrict your ability to raid by too much. People should be able to do basic things such as placing dirt over chests. If they fail to do that they should be punished.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Despite the constant raids I do agree with this.
(Although it was hilarious to trap people between doors and cobble)

Dude guys they are fixing this like "asap" so dont worry. (ps. asap = like 3 weeks in alator time)

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
Don't demand things from volunteers. She was otherwise occupied for most of last week. It will happen when it happens.

Plum__

TNT
So much for the "easy fix" kainzo had said this would be...

Sure wish it was enabled from the start... but i'll be back to check that nothing has changed next week :)

Ruger392

Obsidian
Don't demand things from volunteers. She was otherwise occupied for most of last week. It will happen when it happens.
Didnt mean it to come off as demanding.

So much for the "easy fix" kainzo had said this would be...

Sure wish it was enabled from the start... but i'll be back to check that nothing has changed next week :)

People has been asking for it since the start of the map but this gets pushed back behind everything else which I and a lot of people shouldn't be happening.

Alator

Ancient Soul
Legacy Supporter 7
Remastered Tier 2 Supporter
We have one coder who is familiar with the system. She was gone last week, and has a life outside of Herocraft. It will happen. We just finished working out the tax and upkeep kinks, and are moving on to war and raiding.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Nope.
Anything that can be used will be usable (doors lifts chests etc)
I'm sorry but isn't chest protection the whole idea of townships? I'd say the majority of the players that are in towns or have towns are there to have chest protections; what is the real point of a town if you can't be sure that your chests can be protected? (I completely disregard the use of dirt because 1. Some people are ocd like that and want a chest on a chest on a chest to maximize space and 2. that the next thing after these permissions are given, is the ability for players to break blocks in towns, like the dirt- an even greater reason not to have a town).

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I'm sorry but isn't chest protection the whole idea of townships? I'd say the majority of the players that are in towns or have towns are there to have chest protections; what is the real point of a town if you can't be sure that your chests can be protected? (I completely disregard the use of dirt because 1. Some people are ocd like that and want a chest on a chest on a chest to maximize space and 2. that the next thing after these permissions are given, is the ability for players to break blocks in towns, like the dirt- an even greater reason not to have a town).
massive areas of block protection, economy gains.. specific item creations..

There's a lot of benefits.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
massive areas of block protection, economy gains.. specific item creations..

There's a lot of benefits.
Yes but what are block protections with pr's? What are economy gains if you don't have a town (probably the most expensive thing; only real reason to make money that quickly)? What items can you make that actually have much use outside of towns, they are pretty much all decor and otherwise, you can get them all by conventional means?

LightningCape

Holy Shit!
Lock chests with lwc's with the money made from towns. That way you can be sure your stuff is protected

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Yes but what are block protections with pr's? What are economy gains if you don't have a town (probably the most expensive thing; only real reason to make money that quickly)? What items can you make that actually have much use outside of towns, they are pretty much all decor and otherwise, you can get them all by conventional means?
Town = money if prooperly managed
Money = LWC's, extra persona regions,, God tools/weapons, everything

Money makes HC go round (Both in game & IRL).

Towns will still provide chest protection, just not in the super region, certain sub regions will have chest protection, the rest will have to rely on dirt in from chests/doors or LWCs.

Watermelon_01

Legacy Supporter 2
Towns will still provide chest protection, just not in the super region, certain sub regions will have chest protection, the rest will have to rely on dirt in from chests/doors or LWCs.
Let me point out that this is the question I asked about before, that if unregioned AND Regioned chests/doors/etc. could be opened.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
Let me point out that this is the question I asked about before, that if unregioned AND Regioned chests/doors/etc. could be opened.
Everything can be opened in the SR, in some subregions chest protection might be on (I saw @Alator talking about this so maybe he can shed some light on that) to help prevent town theft (Townies stealing from Townies). But doors and lifts will be usable everywhere.