• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Races!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
@Tyronus, Jedi and Sith were not specific races, instead they were an order of warriors trained in the arts of the force. Jedi fought for balance among all things, while Sith fought for power, and ultimately, tyranny. Neither of them were a specific race.

I agree with the one time choosing to some degree, I forgot to mention in orig post that the cost to change races would be like 1000s (very unlikely to change with that), however I can agree with kainzo about paying real $ to change races.

My reasoning to change races after mastering lostsoul is because we don't want to throw a mass of stuff onto newcomers to the server. If they choose a race they ultimately wont find fitting, then they have to /hero reset or pay money. having it at the lostsoul level would ease them in better.

will add/change some things to accommodate the discussion.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
@Tyronus, Jedi and Sith were not specific races, instead they were an order of warriors trained in the arts of the force. Jedi fought for balance among all things, while Sith fought for power, and ultimately, tyranny. Neither of them were a specific race.
Yeah i just thought of that! But they considered themselves too be there own race. What i mean by jedi a specific stat boost and then you could pick what ever skin you wanted so you could be any race :).

Moralsk

Gold
From what I see this would have to be coded *into* Heroes to get the things @Moralsk is suggesting.
I thus cannot speak to whether it should be done in any given way, I don't edit Heroes.

Aye I'm not sure how much of what the OP here wants done is possible without it it being directly attached to heroes. Personally however I feel that despite obviously taking a good deal more work, the benefits in the long run of making this part of heroes plugin itself would be well worth it. Hasn't some experimentation on this already been done? As I recall I once saw @gabizou looking smaller than normal on Haven.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Let me be very clear as to what is possible with the current setup of Heroes, and let me be very clear as to what would require client side mods to do:
Just to tag the interested parties: @0xNaomi @mikehk @Moralsk

Key:
Doable currently in existing code
Requires Client Mod
Requires extra coding to change the overall perspective of what Heroes does

Heroes:
- Add a tree like class system for selecting a "race" which can have base classes of which requires you to be of an initial class (like Warrior before Paladin etc.), which can lead to a Third tier class
- Ability to set a default attribute modifier for a given race and it's subjective classes (like elves having basic agility boost but a constitution downgrade)
- Grant specific races skills that all their specialized classes can use
- Change the size of the player to other players according to their race
- Make these "race" classes use a /race command and/or restrict the changing of a race to /hero reset*

Overall, the suggestion has been discussed internally and virtually, Heroes already "handles" races already, just class changes as you are suggesting, are limited in view to the idea: "Oh, Heroes only has first and second classes, we should have a race system to add on to these classes."

* It is currently possible through internal permissions to which the only ability to change to a class that requires a different race would be a /hero reset, just, not as "race"y as you'd like to think.

HeroMod already has had plans to scale the size of players and it is very possible, having alpha tested the hard coding through client mod, however, controlling said sizes server side requires extra coding on our part.

Overall, the base systems to "add" races already exists, though, adding features to "support" these races don't exist to bring to the server, a lot of planning has already been done and working on these systems has already started, however, a lack of manpower in almost all departments is what is making the overall project drag on.

Moralsk

Gold
Let me be very clear as to what is possible with the current setup of Heroes, and let me be very clear as to what would require client side mods to do:
Just to tag the interested parties: @0xNaomi @mikehk @Moralsk

Key:
Doable currently in existing code
Requires Client Mod
Requires extra coding to change the overall perspective of what Heroes does

Heroes:
- Add a tree like class system for selecting a "race" which can have base classes of which requires you to be of an initial class (like Warrior before Paladin etc.), which can lead to a Third tier class
- Ability to set a default attribute modifier for a given race and it's subjective classes (like elves having basic agility boost but a constitution downgrade)
- Grant specific races skills that all their specialized classes can use
- Change the size of the player to other players according to their race
- Make these "race" classes use a /race command and/or restrict the changing of a race to /hero reset*

Overall, the suggestion has been discussed internally and virtually, Heroes already "handles" races already, just class changes as you are suggesting, are limited in view to the idea: "Oh, Heroes only has first and second classes, we should have a race system to add on to these classes."

* It is currently possible through internal permissions to which the only ability to change to a class that requires a different race would be a /hero reset, just, not as "race"y as you'd like to think.

HeroMod already has had plans to scale the size of players and it is very possible, having alpha tested the hard coding through client mod, however, controlling said sizes server side requires extra coding on our part.

Overall, the base systems to "add" races already exists, though, adding features to "support" these races don't exist to bring to the server, a lot of planning has already been done and working on these systems has already started, however, a lack of manpower in almost all departments is what is making the overall project drag on.

Thanks for the info gab. I think if I have more questions later I'll just bring them up in #Heroes.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
is this the same thing that you did to make the small zombies?

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
Thanks for the info gab. I think if I have more questions later I'll just bring them up in #Heroes.
I'd rather not, since #Heroes is the public channel for the publicly distributed Heroes that isn't being run on this server.

Moralsk

Gold
I'd rather not, since #Heroes is the public channel for the publicly distributed Heroes that isn't being run on this server.

That slipped my mind...

Well I don't think I'll have any questions anyways so it's irrelevant :p

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
Also, to those it matters such as @0xNaomi , wouldn't you think it would be better to make our own races plugin rather than take another? Making our own would give us much better compatibility with heroes.
We've always planned on this. It is NOT possible to take someone else's plugin as Heroes with Attributes was never released publicly so we are the only server that has it so no one else will have built a plugin that's does what we need it to do.