• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Races!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
yus, yus, I know they've been discussed awile now, to be added at some point, but I'd like to see them, and suggest a system for them as well. certain races will be allowed certain classes, no single race can go every class. to switch a race, it will cost more than a simple class change. all races will have unique abilities/passives. you must master lostsoul before becoming a race. after mastering lostsoul, choosing your first race is free, however the class change still costs 250

Human:
The standard being, some are magic, most go a warrior/clerical path.
Available classes: berserker, paladin, ninja, bard, wizard, cleric, disciple
skills:
EveryManForHimself(took name from WoW, up for discussion): escapeartist with 3 minute cooldown, no speed boost, no duration.
Hardy: +5 endurance
Curious: +3 wisdom
SoftFlesh: -4 constitution
resist: none
weak: none

Light/Day Elf:
Elves of the light, they work in the glory of the sun. most magic/clerical, some otherwise
Available classes: paladin, ranger, bard, wizard, beguiler, cleric, druid
skills:
Radiance: blinds nearby enemies within 4 blocks for 2 seconds, 3 minute cooldown, only in sunlight (no slow like despair, terror, etc)
Knowledge: +5 intellect
Agile: +3 agility
LightWeight: -4 endurance
resist: arcane magics (up front magic damage, arcaneblast, fireblast, bolt, firerune, etc)
weak: DoT's (withering, poison, decay, etc)

Dark/Night Elf:
Elves of the dark, Proud and strong in the moonlight. Evil-ish, almost entirely magic
Available classes: dreadknight, ninja, runeblade, pyromancer, necromancer, beguiler, bloodmage
skills:
DuskBomb: blinds nearby enemies in an area around where you're pointing in a 3 block radius. 8 block range, 3 minute cooldown, 2 second duration, requires moonlight(also no slow)
Knowledge: +5 intellect
Agile: +3 agility
Nocturnal: -4 wisdom
resist: DoT's (withering, poison, decay, etc)
weak: arcane magics (up front magic damage, arcaneblast, fireblast, bolt, firerune, etc)

Dwarf:
Short, stout, hardy creatures who dwell underground and drink booze, most warriors, some magic due to drunk science.
Available classes: berserker, paladin, ranger, bard, pyromancer, disciple, shaman
skills:
Aletoss: toss your stein of ale in an arc (snowball thing, low range), where it lands, enemies in a 5 block radius will be nauseated, and poisoned (will deal like 6 damage max over duration) for 5 seconds. 3 minute cooldown
StrongArmed: +5 strength
Hardy: +3 endurance
Hobbler: -4 agility
resist: poison immunity (that booze) withering (half the ticks if possible)
weak: fire

Avian:
Proud bird race of the clouds. Due to dislike of groundlings, they have not updated and stay with primative combat styles.
Available classes: dragoon, ninja, runeblade, bard, beguiler, druid, shaman
skills:
WingFlap: sends your target backwards a small distance (2-3 blocks)and moving you back the same distance, 3 block range, 3 minute cooldown
Agile: +5 agility
Curious: +3 wisdom
FlabbyArmed: -4 strength
resist: fall damage
weak: physical damage

Draconian:
Dwindling race of mutant dragonspawn. Winged, but too heavy to fly, and small wings. very little magic, and if magic, dark magic.
Available classes: berserker, dreadknight, dragoon, runeblade, pyromancer, bloodmage, (need another with da lore)
Skills:
Stomp: Stomp the ground, silencing all enemies within 4 blocks for .75 seconds, 3 minute cooldown
Hardy: +5 endurance
ToughSkinned: +3 constitution
Heavy: -4 agility
resist: Fire
weak: water (slowness in water/increased drowning damage)

Elemental:
Common around the world, yet rarely seen in form. Beings OF magic, they are almost entirely magic
Available classes: pyromancer, wizard, necromancer, druid, bloodmage, disciple, shaman
Skills:
Wind: gives you, or your target speed 3 for 3 seconds, 3 minute cooldown
Experienced: +5 wisdom
Knowledge: +3 intellect
Ethereal: -4 constitution
resist: magic in general
weak: physical in general

Could use a few more, anyone wanna add some? it IS just a suggestion, so go for it, just keep a similiar format. also the attributes numbers i was thinking could be interchanged with percents to be like dis:
(first): +20% (attribute)
(second): +10% (attribute)
(third): -15% (attribute)
and like all my suggestions (and almost every other one that suggests new things), it would need a touch of balancing before consideration, so input is helpful :D
note: changing races would be highly costly, around 1000s+ if not, make it impossible.
all resistances and weakness are at a 15%-25% rate, decided by balance later

BTW will add more later when i have the time

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
I'm sure I've suggested this before and felt like I got burned at a cross from reading the replies to the suggestion but I fully agree with this and hope it gets added in. Judging by your suggested races, they seem balanced but I reckon someone can find away around it but until the good job with it!

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Eh I've never really liked servers with races but I'm sure herocraft can make it work.

IF! this gets added any time soon is like something like this, since different classes fit different races it's just more customizable which isn't a bad thing.

But IMO classes/professions are more than enough, and I there's tons more important stuff to be added/tweaked right now. This would also be a bitch to balance.

Also what about certain professions for certain races?

RagingDragon5

Portal
I don't like the ideas of changing races. A race should be a permanent thing. What I would like to see for races is that A race is chosen randomly or we cab just choose one that you have to play with. If you want to switch races, just do hero reset.

HeroGuy426

Glowstone
"you must master lostsoul before becoming a race."
Wait, so you aren't any specific race until you've chosen what kind of fighter you want to be? I think races should be chosen the first time you join, and if you've already joined then you choose when you log in. Also, maybe rather than having the kinds of attacks you have listed for the races, maybe have just boost skills, like for example the light elves might have a skill that gives them an agility and endurance buff, while a dark elf might have a temporary invisibility race skill that they could only activate out of combat, as to not make ninja paladins something people do. And perhaps men would have something like a strength and constitution buff. Dwarves might have an endurance and constitution buff, and draconians might have agility, intellect, and strength buffed while constitution, wisdom, and charisma are debuffed. Anyway, you get the point. That's my opinion on the matter.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Here's what we want for races:

• Chosen once - only re-choosable by a complete reset (/hero reset or /race reset) or maybe some payment option in the store or some high soul amount.
  • Races need to have passive resists / attributes and some negatives to make them clearly different.
  • Races should have preferred skins.
  • Races should start in different areas of Herocraft - ie Elven races in an Elven city, etc.
This is important - its a vital step for Adventure - but its also one that will require complete redoing of some things.

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
Here's what we want for races:

• Chosen once - only re-choosable by a complete reset (/hero reset or /race reset) or maybe some payment option in the store or some high soul amount.
  • Races need to have passive resists / attributes and some negatives to make them clearly different.
  • Races should have preferred skins.
  • Races should start in different areas of Herocraft - ie Elven races in an Elven city, etc.
This is important - its a vital step for Adventure - but its also one that will require complete redoing of some things.
I noticed a lack of talk of Racial Skills, which I agree with, it would be too tough to balance. I also think that for playability's sake Racial Class Restrictions should be limited to the fringe of Lore reasoning. For ex: an Ogre-ish Race can be everything but a Bard, and an Elf can be everything but a Dreadknight or Necromancer.

Moralsk

Gold
I like the idea in general but some certain details no.

1.) The race should be chosen as soon as you start herocraft with races for the first time. Regardless of whether or not you are lost soul.
2.) I think it would be cooler if the races had just a bit more severe consequences on their attributes. Bigger positives and negatives making it so that your strengths really do work well and your negatives highly exploitable.
3.) Like @Dsawemd said, there should be class restrictions on races. Elven dreadknights? Elemental berserkers? Draconian ninjas? No thank you, sounds silly to me.
4.) Let's take adding racial skills nice and easy. Herocraft already can't seem to get current classes balanced, adding racial skills just increases the work load. So I say if we plan on adding more than 1 racial skill per race, then don't add another until the current ones are confirmed to be balanced. One at a time.

Moralsk

Gold
Also, to those it matters such as @0xNaomi , wouldn't you think it would be better to make our own races plugin rather than take another? Making our own would give us much better compatibility with heroes.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Uhm... races sounds fun, but here is the thing: If you do a 1 time only choice for race, then if you have a class that you don't like in the end and that all the others don't interest you, it kinda seems harsh. Yes for permanent races, but for jobs that can only be taken by a certain number of races, seems a bit unfair in the end. For exemple, I am a master dragoon, but also a master disciple. With this list, I would be forced to choose one or the other, when in the end both of them are kinda interesting and I want to be able to switch between them. Also the fact that if you choose one race and you find out you don't like it in the end cause you did not know what it could go into (For exemple of new players), then it kinda hard for you if you have to go back lost soul and lose everything you worked on.

Races can go for good, but also forces people a bit on jobs that they want. It is a bit like going back to when you had to master rogue or something to go ninja or ranger. What I sudgest would be you choose your race as a lost soul (cause seriously, like the name says, your a lost SOUL!). You would then choose your race like this. It's a bit like if you were eterial (or what ever the name) form at start, before choosing what race you want to play as. Just a little idea.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I like the idea of races I just don't agree with some of the suggested ones here, such as why would a Drow not be able to be a ranger? they are different from regular elves but they are still elves and are very similar

Last edited:

0xNaomi

Legacy Supporter 6
Retired Staff
From what I see this would have to be coded *into* Heroes to get the things @Moralsk is suggesting.
I thus cannot speak to whether it should be done in any given way, I don't edit Heroes.

Tyronus

Legacy Supporter 4
extra race ideas=
Ogres
Orcs
Shades
halflings
Aethinians (people of the aether)
Sith :p
(thinking of others)