• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Question Regarding PVP Rules

jelly22

TNT
I was looking over the general rules on the wiki but I couldn't seem to find many specific rules regarding the what isn't allowed during pvp. Specifically, I want to know if camping a player is tolerated, or if intentionally killing the same player over and over even when they can't really fight back anymore is allowed.

A few hours ago me and a friend had this problem with a player we had killed around our area that we've been using as a base. The player got really upset with us, which is understandable of course, but when he came back to retrieve his items that we had agreed to return to him, he began attacking us. This player was a higher level than the two of us, so killing us both was pretty easy for him, especially since I'm only level one at the moment. From that point on, the player just camped are base and killed us whenever we tried to return. I mean we really had nowhere else where we would go but back to our base. If there was even a chance to fight back when we had our equipment, it was not possible anymore once we had lost our items due to dying. I think I died about 4-5 times in this way. Is this something that is generally allowed, or does it become harassment at a certain point? Are players at all encouraged to pvp in a certain way that maintains respect for the other players involved?

Also, I was wondering what is the best method for reporting a player who is breaking the rules?

Last edited:

TimForReal

AdminForReal
Rules Council
Architect
Herald
Event Team
Max Legacy Supporter
I was looking over the general rules on the wiki but I couldn't seem to find many specific rules regarding the what isn't allowed during pvp. Specifically, I want to know if camping a player is tolerated, or if intentionally killing the same player over and over even when they can't really fight back anymore is allowed.

A few hours ago me and a friend had this problem with a player we had killed around our area that we've been using as a base. The player got really upset with us, which is understandable of course, but when he came back to retrieve his items that we had agreed to return to him, he began attacking us. This player was a higher level than the two of us, so killing us both was pretty easy for him, especially since I'm only level one at the moment. From that point on, the player just camped are base and killed us whenever we tried to return. I mean we really had nowhere else where we would go but back to our base. If there was even a chance to fight back when we had our equipment, it was not possible anymore once we had lost our items due to dying. I think I died about 4-5 times in this way. Is this something that is generally allowed, or does it become harassment at a certain point? Are players at all encouraged to pvp in a certain way that maintains respect for the other players involved?

Also, I was wondering what is the best method for reporting a player who is breaking the rules?

The above mentioned is not illegal. Use the PE system in game, read Hc.to/PE if you're new. Can also report on forums under exploits.

jelly22

TNT
The above mentioned is not illegal. Use the PE system in game, read Hc.to/PE if you're new. Can also report on forums under exploits.

Has the staff ever considered making use of rules that discourage situations like the one mentioned in my post? I know that this is supposed to be a hardcore pvp server, but people who engage in pvp in such a way do not positively contribute to the experience. Personally, I find that it is a common reoccurring problem with pvp servers, and for the most part, it is what keeps me away from them.

I feel that when players camp others for an excessive duration, or purposely targets and kills a helpless player continuously, it quickly becomes borderline harassment, if not harassment. Players who engage in such acts are often ill intentioned, and do so at the expense of someone's enjoyment.

Carbash

Legacy Supporter 6
I hate to say it, but its always been like that. Herocraft is an aquired taste if you know what i mean. For every pvper out there who isnt a complete dueche there are 4 more who take duechebaggery to a whole new lvl. I dont see this changing anytime soon, so i guess the best advice is to try to get over it, try to avoid them, or look elsewhere.

jelly22

TNT
I hate to say it, but its always been like that. Herocraft is an aquired taste if you know what i mean. For every pvper out there who isnt a complete dueche there are 4 more who take duechebaggery to a whole new lvl. I dont see this changing anytime soon, so i guess the best advice is to try to get over it, try to avoid them, or look elsewhere.
I understand. I normally am forced to make one of those choices. It is just a bit unfortunate when it comes to that.