• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Question about villagers

comfyfutons

Glowing Redstone
So one of the perks for Merchant at 55 is villager trading.
I have however never seen a villager and on the map and I see no villages on the dynamic map which makes me assume village spawning is turned off.

Now I read that you can cure a zombie villager into a villager through a curing process with a splash potion of weakness and a golden apple but I was wondering if this was possible on HeroCraft and if so... is it the only way to attain a villager to interact with?

Also Villagers will "mate" under certain circumstances depending on the number of doors in the city and whatever but does it have to be a village biome or whatever for that to happen?

I guess what i'm asking is: Can I start a village from scratch with curing zombies and building houses?

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
As with nearly every other PvE/PvP server in the world, the first things that happen on a fresh map are:

1. Looting of all temples and pyramids.
2. Locating and looting all strongholds.
3. Villager genocide.

In the case of the Haven map on HC, all of the above were accomplished within a day and a half.

Accordingly, curing zombies and then providing the recovered Villagers with adequate housing is pretty much the only way to create a population of Villagers on the server at this point.

I wish you good fortune in your attempts to rescue these gentle creatures from extinction.

Please be advised, however, that the Villager Welfare Agency (VWA) -- which is the public service branch of the Testificate Liberation Organization (TLO) -- routinely inspects Villager populations to protect them from neglect, abuse, and exploitation. The VWA offers the following guidelines for responsible Villager re-population:

1. Villagers should be hosted in housing that is comparable to (or better than) the original native villages.
2. Villagers should have freedom of movement in and out of any fully enclosed structures.
3. A walled compound of multiple structures is permitted, but Villagers must be able to move freely within said compound.
4. Villagers must be free to socialize at will with other Villagers.
5. Villagers should have easy access to food production areas and a fresh water source.
6. The host must exert best efforts to protect the Villagers from Zombie attacks and attacks by other mobs.
7. Any environmental hazards in the compound area (open lava pits, etc.) must be mitigated with appropriate protective measures (i.e., fences).

Thank you for your kind cooperation with these guidelines. Blatant disregard of these standards will be investigated by the VWA and, if necessary in its sole discretion, referred to the TLO for corrective action (revolutionary justice).

_Fish_

Legacy Supporter 3
I think I heard that villager dezombifaction was either bugged or not working.

Danda

Dungeon Master Extremist
Staff member
Administrator
Guide
Wiki Team
Max Legacy Supporter
can confirm you can still de-zombify them zombified villagers
Yes nothing has been changed in the back end and just about every town on the map has a villager farm so it's safe to say that it works.