• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Quest for classes

You would have to pay less money to change classes like 50c, but you have to make the quest first (it is not for primary classes and jobs) and you can't change the class with the limit of 24 hours.

Not really sure what you're suggesting - can you go more in depth?
That you would need quests to become each spec, for exemple, for samurai it could e aguy wearing samurai armor and with a sword that when you master warrior, you can take his class, it could be get items, kill mobs, or clear a dungeon (I think will be added) and then you back to the npc, he will congratz you and change your class to samurai, if you wan't to change class again that you have already made the quest, there would be a npcs named class changer.

Carlover1234

Obsidian
Or another idea is that you could have just optional quests that you can do that are different for each spec./class and are unique to that spec.. Maybe these quests would only be for combat classes.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
From what I'm seeing, he wants a return of NPCs and Quests. So if you want to become a Samurai, you go to a Samurai NPC (Maybe in spawn, maybe in one of the graveyards, almost definitely in a non-PvP location) and talk to him. He'll give you a quest, for example kill a certain number of a certain monster, or bring him a certain number of certain items. When dungeons get added, maybe clear a dungeon. Then you go back to him, talk to him again and he'll take the items/congratulate you, take 25c from you, and you get specced into Samurai.

With variations on the quest depending on class and all that, obviously.

Bottom line: NPCs.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Honestly 50c or anything close to that for a class change seems too cheap, even if you have to do some simple quest before it.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
Honestly 50c or anything close to that for a class change seems too cheap, even if you have to do some simple quest before it.
Probably. 100c would be more like it. Keep in mind that if what he wants is fully implemented, you're going to have to walk over to where the NPC is, start the quest, go do it and then come back. If it's just getting items it'll be easier, but you're still going to have to walk over to the NPC to change classes. It's not like switching classes while in a DM or raid or something, which balances it out.

Edit: Actually, I'm kinda liking this idea. You don't even need NPCs; you could have signs at the graveyards that represent NPCs. Right click the sign to start the quest or what not.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Probably. 100c would be more like it. Keep in mind that if what he wants is fully implemented, you're going to have to walk over to where the NPC is, start the quest, go do it and then come back. If it's just getting items it'll be easier, but you're still going to have to walk over to the NPC to change classes. It's not like switching classes while in a DM or raid or something, which balances it out.
I dont think its possible to make any hard quests possible, so it would just be a pointless "kill a few zombies and I grant you a 200 coin discount on choosing your spec" quest. I have never seen anyone change classes while in a DM/raid, which would be just a waste if I'd see someone do it, so it doesnt really balance anything.

kirinelf

A frightening Cactus!
I dont think its possible to make any hard quests possible, so it would just be a pointless "kill a few zombies and I grant you a 200 coin discount on choosing your spec" quest. I have never seen anyone change classes while in a DM/raid, which would be just a waste if I'd see someone do it, so it doesnt really balance anything.
It's just a thought. Rather than just typing in a command to change your class, it might add to the RPG feel of the server.

Then again, I'd rather type a command than risk getting attack and losing everything I've got on the way to spec. Eh. Can't have everything.

Edit: Actually, I'm kinda liking this idea. You don't even need NPCs; you could have signs at the graveyards that represent NPCs. Right click the sign to start the quest or what not.
The signs stuff would be nice and reduce lag, and, you would have to talk to the npc again to change class and pay a fee of 50c if you already made the quest for the class, the first time, 100c, then it could stop people abusing from changing classes in raids, dm, etc, because, the guy is raiding as wizard, it enter the castle,house, then change to samurai or dreadknight because wizard will not be that good at close range, it is too op, you are tracking someone with ranger, you found it, turn to beguiler or dreadknight, slow it and kill, easy like that, and that is op, and this idea would make it more like rpg style