• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyro's 'maim' skill tweaked

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just as the title says, my suggestion would be to tweak the current version of maim that pyromancer uses. Currently, you cannot use this skill unless you have an axe equipped meaning you can't use this skill with the class's specific weapon (the blaze rod). So because of this, the tweak would be to allow the player to use maim regardless of what item they are holding (unless you can change it so this skill can be used with axes and blaze rod's equipped).

Note;
I was originally going to post something down the lines of this suggestion under a bug report but I didn't as the description specifies an axe.

Edit; Mistakes were made, turns out the blaze rod isn't pyro's specific weapon. Who would of thought? :')

Last edited:

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Just weapon swap!

This is what I have been doing recently but I shouldn't have to if it's the classes specific weapon. What's the point of getting it if I can't use certain skills with it equipped other than the perk of having unlimited durability (unless it was designed to grind with, then fair enough I'll shutup)

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Actually the Classes Specific Weapon IS AN AXE it was made as Pyros Bitching about Lore wise and is just meant to be a lvling tool I think, Same Damage as diamond Last time I checked and you do more damage with a gold axe so yeah

pure_autism

Legacy Supporter 5
Actually the Classes Specific Weapon IS AN AXE it was made as Pyros Bitching about Lore wise and is just meant to be a lvling tool I think, Same Damage as diamond Last time I checked and you do more damage with a gold axe so yeah
17 durability gold axe FTW!

Beau_Nearh

Portal

Will I've only made this suggestion because other classes like the bard for example don't have any restrictions on their skills that they can use when using specific weapons right? But gold axes aren't a viable option unless I'm pvping and I've got a unbreaking III enchant lol

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Ha, your have to stack up on them then
Be Like @MichaelRL Full Hotbar and then Break em all

edit* and then Have Eldry Make a Rage Post on your Private fourms GG

"
The tournament went off without a hitch!
Oh wait! Sadly I was thinking about the last tournament 6 months ago. This one was horrid! Although I believe Xenipher had all the good intentions initially to run a good and fair challenge event for the players, sadly it fell through as one of the worst tournaments I have bared witness to in two years of Herocraft.
Although there is no way to prove intention, all three Aetherius teams were matched against each other in the first two rounds, so that by the end of the second round all but one of our teams would have been eliminated. I believe this was a move to help assure that not only AD teams would win the tournament in an attempt to give the rest of the server something to take home. The brackets were rather broken as well; as three teams were awarded a “free win” allowing them to skip round one for some unknown reason.
The tournament was run as a “no gear allowed” tournament where players were expected to buy the gear once they were in the arena, and expected to sell back the gear at the end of the tournament. Sadly, this was poorly planned and the the cost of some of the gear was inflated to 100 times it’s normal value forcing players to waste larges amounts of money for nearly worthless items. The larger problem though was the lack of gear, as many important items were missing from the gear shops in the first place, forcing odd combinations of items which was worse then sub par.
The final straw that broke the camels back was some of the worst lag the server has had to offer in weeks. The lag was so bad that players often times teleported as much as 15 blocks every dozen seconds, making it nearly impossible for melee players to attack or use their skills efficiently.
The first match which was with KOS(Me!). We were only allowed golden weapons, which broke after making 12 attacks. Our main melee broke 5 weapons, before finally running out at about the halfway point of the battle, making him completely useless. On top of that the lag was so terrible, that we were unable to target players with the melee in the first place. giving the other team ample time to teleport around the arena and stay consistently healed. The other team having target able magic damage was able to run in circles like monkeys until I eventually ran out of mana and we died.
The problems with lag decided the tournament, as all future matches went to those teams with the heavy magic damage and easy to kite(teleport all over the freaking place) classes. Fortunately for EVERY other team, the admins corrected the issue with not giving proper equipment after our fight, so we were the only ones that had to fight with that extreme handicap.
In the end Neighborhood Watch took third place, paying out more money to buy junk gear then they won in the tournament to begin with.
Now, I am fine with losing a good fight on good terms, but this was not only a single bad fight, but it was also on bad terms, which made for a very disappointing day indeed."

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Code:
item-damage-level:
    Wood_Axe: 0.3
    Stone_Axe: 0.35
    Iron_Axe: 0.38
    Diamond_Axe: 0.42
    Gold_Axe: 0.45
    Blaze_Rod: 0.43

Beau_Nearh

Portal
Only just realised that I've made a blunder with my suggestion! Well to be fair, there's not that much in it damage/ scale wise as well as it is kinda themed (think bard and music disks). My bad