• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Pyromancer needs a bit of care at the moment Pyro is the only melee class with 0 mobility/gap closer skill, has ridiculously high stamina costs and one of the highest regent using class.

My suggestion is to make one of these happen: (In green)
Chaosorb go further and a little bit faster. (8 blocks)
Make dragonsbreath like bonespear (double distance, no warmup, speed like necro's)
Give pyro's a gap closer like lunge, flyingkick etc
Make Darkbolt, chaosorb and dragonsbreath quicker as they can't keep up with a Pyromancer running at full speed.

And also make these changes below:

Reduce the regents on great combustion to 1 gunpowder and have no regents for doomwave.

Readjust stamina costs or change darkblade to gain stamina.

Please give your suggestions about pyromancer :)

Tags:
[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] @whiteninja1970 @Ahrall @BaBomba @mymcaccount

Last edited:

CoolBeans279

Legacy Supporter 3
Pyromancer needs a bit of care at the moment Pyro is the only melee class with 0 mobility/gap closer skill, has ridiculously high stamina costs and one of the highest regent using class.

Make dragonsbreath like bonespear (double distance, no warmup, speed like necro's)
Make Darkbolt, chaosorb and dragonsbreath quicker as they can't keep up with a Pyromancer running at full speed.

Reduce the regents on great combustion to 1 gunpowder and have no regents for doomwave.

Tags:
[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] @whiteninja1970 @Ahrall @BaBomba @mymcaccount
I disagreed because i don't think pyro needs anything changed.

I haven't played pyro, but from past fights with pyros i can say they have a LOT of burst, but with doomwave being fixed they no longer have a gap closer, and that they could use.. maybe.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I disagreed because i don't think pyro needs anything changed.

I haven't played pyro, but from past fights with pyros i can say they have a LOT of burst, but with doomwave being fixed they no longer have a gap closer, and that they could use.. maybe.
The only big change I was suggesting was a gap closer or a bit of chase potential which you agreed with and I wasn't suggesting a damage improvement so I don't understand how a disagreement is warranted here.

Pyro needs in my opinion a way to chase people as after you finish your burst you are unable to run and people begin to run away leaving you with absolutely no way of catching up with someone.

Also you could say use ended pearls but because of the high regents gunpowder, red stone, flint. Endear pearls would make it excessively expensive to die making people not wanting to PvP with this class.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
use doomwave and if you land in the right direction use chaos orb and you have moved 10 blocks
You do realise that doom wave spawns 15+ ended pearls I understand that you don't tp to all of them but it is still taking a massive gamble and you don't even move that far compared to targetable skills.

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
Please explain how to chase someone then?

I chase people down like anyone without a tp would, use ender pearls for chases when combat drops, or chaos orb (if they are downhill). Pyro is a high demanding class with reagents and skill cap. The class has plenty of mobility, stuns, high base damage and healing reductions....its the player, not the class.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I chase people down like anyone without a tp would, use ender pearls for chases when combat drops, or chaos orb (if they are downhill). Pyro is a high demanding class with reagents and skill cap. The class has plenty of mobility, stuns, high base damage and healing reductions....its the player, not the class.
That isn't very nice :p but you are fine carrying around 20s of regents when some classes have 0?

Solidze

Legacy Supporter 6
That isn't very nice :p but you are fine carrying around 20s of regents when some classes have 0?

Eh sorry. I don't mind carrying too much around but I would like to see a reagent drop to 1 gunpowder on the stun. It's something I'm willing to accept for this high risk, high reward class.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
It is quite hard to catch people as pyro, sure you can use ender pearls but even that is a high reagent just to catch someone else down. You run faster than your own chaos orb so you just run into your own chaos orb and rubber band in mid air for like .5 seconds. Also pretty much all classes have some way of stopping pyro or outrunning a pyro. Paladin has a stun and horse, DK has a terror and horse, dragoon has jump, berserker can lunge to an animal/mob if theres one nearby or use headbutt on pyro, rogues can easily outrun pyro, casters have CCs, and healers can just heal their dmg while kiting around.

Tags:
[USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38][USERGROUP=38]@Balance Team[/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP][/USERGROUP] @whiteninja1970 @Ahrall @BaBomba @mymcaccount
-I would say yes chaos orb should go faster, but I'm not sure about further.
-Yes, I think dragons breath should have no warmup, but I don't mind the short distance and speed that much since it will always be in close range when fighting.
-Eh, don't think pyros need gap closers too much. Making it so you can't outrun your own chaos orb is fine enough. Can't really expect to be able to chase anyone very time.
-Nah, their speed is fine as it is.

-Agreed to reducing great combustion from 2 gunpowder to 1 gunpowder, I guess doom wave reagents don't matter much since you're gonna need it anyway for recall, so bringing like a stack isn't too much of an issue.
-Eh dunno, I think darkblade is fine as it is.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
I agree with maybe making the skills go faster in your 3rd suggestion, but don't compare dragons breath to bones pear because they should never be the same.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Ok I can support pyro getting a (better) gap closer. Doom wave is far too unpredictable to be even considered a gap closer and the range on chaos orb is insignificant. (Not sure if this is a bug, but chaos orb actually doesn't travel as far when you are sprint jumping)
Ender pearls are great but if you need to catch up with someone in combat you have one shot. You biff it and you have wasted your one and only true gap closer.

Increasing the range, and potentially the cooldown, of chaos orb would help this issue. Or we could reduce the range and cooldown on ender pearl. All in all, pyro feels helpless against mobile classes and could use a bit of love
@Jrr5556 played a lot of pyro too

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
I am going to bold ONE in the first post all the green section is one change not all of them together....

RShooter2000

ICE ICE ICE!
The only big change I was suggesting was a gap closer or a bit of chase potential which you agreed with and I wasn't suggesting a damage improvement so I don't understand how a disagreement is warranted here.

Pyro needs in my opinion a way to chase people as after you finish your burst you are unable to run and people begin to run away leaving you with absolutely no way of catching up with someone.

Also you could say use ended pearls but because of the high regents gunpowder, red stone, flint. Endear pearls would make it excessively expensive to die making people not wanting to PvP with this class.

If you are out of stamina, maybe try diamonds?

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
No secret I hate pyro but chaos orb spd increase is pretty good, use spd pots and Enders pearls, if you dont wanna use these then you don't want the kill that much

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
Thanks for the tag @Ahrall
I wouldn't mind a tweak to chaosorb. At the moment it is quite an unreliable skill and could use an increase of speed as stated by jazza.