• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
So this thread was about what then? Fireticks?

Fireticks, like all vanilla based damage, cause an invuln period of about 0.5 seconds. During that time, you cannot be attacked by any vanilla based damage. While this is mostly irrelevant information for most casters, as they deal purely in Hero-based spell damage, the Pyromancer is an exception. He is considered melee, and does a very large amount of melee damage. Melee damage is vanilla, and therefore subject to the invulnerability period.

The more fire-ticks present on Pyromancer abilities, the less he will be able to melee his targets. Between ChaosOrb and DarkBolt (Withering), he is already being inhibited by vanilla invuln periods, and adding any more would only serve to reduce his effectiveness in melee combat.

If your goals are to nerf the Pyromancer melee, then yeah, we can add more fire ticks. Let's add em to every fire ability! Let's burn the whole class to the ground. I mean, he IS a Pyromancer, right?

But to answer your question directly Dream, I don't think there is a point. Rubber_Duckies started this thread after all. I think we've seen enough of his posts recently to know there is little thought or reason behind any of them. He just shoves his ideas onto us and then calls us stupid when we disagree with them.

Last edited:

Dreamcycler

Legacy Supporter 5
Fireticks, like all vanilla based damage, cause an invuln period of about 0.5 seconds. During that time, you cannot be attacked by any vanilla based damage. While this is mostly irrelevant information for most casters, as they deal purely in Hero-based spell damage, the Pyromancer is an exception. He is considered melee, and does a very large amount of melee damage. Melee damage is vanilla, and therefore subject to the invulnerability period.

The more fire-ticks present on Pyromancer abilities, the less he will be able to melee his targets. Between ChaosOrb and DarkBolt (Withering), he is already being inhibited by vanilla invuln periods, and adding any more would only serve to reduce his effectiveness in melee combat.

If your goals are to nerf the Pyromancer melee, then yeah, we can add more fire ticks. Let's add em to every fire ability! Let's burn the whole class to the ground. I mean, he IS a Pyromancer, right?

But to answer your question directly Dream, I don't think there is a point. Rubber_Duckies started this thread after all. I think we've seen enough of his posts recently to know there is little thought or reason behind any of them. He just shoves his ideas onto us and then calls us stupid when we disagree with them.
Informative

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
... Thread wasn't about fireticks. It is impossible for anyone to analyze words on a page huh?
This thread has been about:
-You complaining about dark skills
-We showing how only having "fire" skills is bad and why dark skills have their place
-Your further complaint about the skills and about how "People just don't understand how I FEEELLLL :("
-Then you calling people "dumb" because you don't want to/can't argue your case.

Last edited:

szatanista

Soulsand
Nobody gives a shit that you want more fire spells. Its have been already said that Pyro was, is and will be mixture of dark and fire spells. Now its around 6 fire and 5 dark spells so I dont know where is ur problem.

Nobody gives a shit that you want more fire spells. Its have been already said that Pyro was, is and will be mixture of dark and fire spells. Now its around 6 fire and 5 dark spells so I dont know where is ur problem.
Because its not 6 fire spells Delf is a moron. Also because this is the SUGGESTION forum and I was making a SUGGESTION. WAy to go.

This thread has been about:
-You complaining about dark skills
-We showing how only having "fire" skills is bad and why dark skills have their place
-Your further complaint about the skills and about how "People just don't understand how I FELL :("
-Then you calling people "dumb" because you don't want to/can't argue your case.

I complained about dark skills
I never said that dark skills were neccessarily bad
Its not about how I feel its about basic logic
You are dumb. No argument there.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Because its not 6 fire spells Delf is a moron. Also because this is the SUGGESTION forum and I was making a SUGGESTION. WAy to go.

I complained about dark skills
I never said that dark skills were neccessarily bad
Its not about how I feel its about basic logic
You are dumb. No argument there.
-ok you admitted your problem with dark skills
-I never said that you didn't like the skills themselves, just pointed out you don't want them on pyro
-You feel that pyro shouldn't have dark skills. We said that we like it and Delf and Kainzo have expressed how they like it as it is.
-Calling people names isn't going to get you anywhere.

It's obvious that your suggestion isn't liked. I suggest you either stop getting angry with every person who doesn't agree with or just stop making threads since you can't take constructive criticism.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
-I never said that you didn't like the skills themselves, just pointed out you don't want them on pyro
-You feel that pyro shouldn't have dark skills. We said that we like it and Delf and Kainzo have expressed how they like it as it is.

It's obvious that your suggestion isn't liked. I suggest you either stop getting angry with every person who doesn't agree with or just stop making threads since you can't take constructive criticism.
Ding ding ding, Malik is the winner!

I don't think you understand the word constructive.

Would you enlighten us then?
50b9s.png

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one...

There is a difference a small between 'constructive' and 'constructive criticism' What Malik is doing was constructive criticism, you have provided barely any of either. You have called people morons, dumb and idiotic. Instead of doing that why don't you provide some of your opinions about what this thread's purpose is.

What I consider constructive criticism:
When someone provides their input on another's ideas, civilized, mannered. Does not really matter whether or not he is agreeing with you or not.

Last edited:

FuturizeHandgun

Glowstone
The Herocraft Pyromancer is and probably always be a mixture of fire and dark based magic. I believe Kainzo is as big of a fan of that combo as I am. My views are pretty much the same as everyone elses in this thread that is siding with the new Pyro.

FIRE abilities:
Chaos Orb
Cauterize
DragonsBreath
FlameShield
Doomwave
GreatCombustion

DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
Curse
Doomwave

Fire Count: 6
Dark Count: 5
Hybrid Count: 2

--------------------------

DAMAGING FIRE abilities:
ChaosOrb
DragonsBreath
DoomWave
GreatCombustion

DAMAGING DARK abilities:
ChaosOrb
DarkBlade
DarkBolt
DoomWave

Damaging Fire Count: 4
Dark Count: 4
Hybrid Count: 2

-----------------------

Even considering the "Hybrid" abilities that are a mix of fire & dark magic, they still have 1 more fire ability than dark. And honestly, I would argue that ChaosOrb & DoomWave are more fire than dark based. Of course, you could argue that ChaoticStrength is dark based, in which case, the only thing that happens is it breaks even in both aggressive and non-aggressive abilities.

But yeah, not sure where the "They need more fire abilities" is even coming from here. They have plenty.
"Agreed."

I think I know where people are coming from. Back on Dragon there was this ability called "Blaze" Which basically lit everything on fire within a radius of you. People are probably like "Why can't we have abilities like that which set people on fire and shit! yeah!" but as someone already pointed out, fire ticks ruin pyromancer as they are currently. Way back when, Pyromancers were just glorified fire mages/casters, there wasn't anything outstanding about them, except lighting everyone and everything on fire (which i suppose is in and of itself outstanding). How they are currently, their skillset works. I don't play pyromancer and I certainly didn't read the entirety of this thread, but those are just my thoughts.
standing in fire though will be a huge help, if you urself are invincible to fire, standing in fire does damage even without fire tick