• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer

4X1rw.png

Last edited:

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
The issue with Pyromancer before, is that they could just be so easily shut down by any class. Having medium health, medium armour, and no mobility, anyone with a speed pot and a fire resist pot could shut down a Pyromancer easily. People wouldn't run around with gold chestplates all the time, which is the reason they dominated in Arenas, Battlegrounds, Deathmatches, etc...

I think this new Pyro remake is awesome. The class now has incredible amounts of potential, and their rotation revolves around skilshots. If you are good at the class you will succeed, if not... Have fun.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
Two reasons why the old pyro didn't work:

- If the person is immune to fire they where useless. That meant if it was raining or they had a fire protection pot then they weren't effective.

-The second problem is due to the actual fire-ticks. All dmg from vanilla MC gives the player an invulnerability frame. With this, pyro's melee was useless cause they wouldn't be able to hit their target effectively when they where on fire.

- Due to this, Delf decided to change pyromancer's skill set.

Last edited:

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
only real suggestion I can give for pyromancer is add fireball or some ranged skill back in. I didnt want to play pyro this map because of it's low range for projectiles, which when they have low range, move slowly and dodged easily, also the teleport with chaosorb, which is a slow projectile, i see as mostly useless as it only goes 5 or 6 blocks...

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
only real suggestion I can give for pyromancer is add fireball or some ranged skill back in. I didnt want to play pyro this map because of it's low range for projectiles, which when they have low range, move slowly and dodged easily, also the teleport with chaosorb, which is a slow projectile, i see as mostly useless as it only goes 5 or 6 blocks...
Pyro is a mid to close range mage. I see no point in adding a long-ranged skill to it.

Two reasons why the old pyro didn't work:

- If the person is immune to fire they where useless. That meant if it was raining or they had a fire protection pot then they weren't effective.

-The second problem is due to the actual fire-ticks. All dmg from vanilla MC gives the player an invulnerability frame. With this, pyro's melee was useless cause they wouldn't be able to hit their target affectingly when they where on fire.

- Due to this, Delf decided to change pyromancer's skill set.
Theres a difference between spells that light people on fire and skills that are firey. Like great combustion, its a fire based spell but doesn't light people on fire.

PewPewPewLasers

PewPew
Legacy Supporter 5
You gave reasons for why old Pyro didn't work, these were based around the fact you could avoid the vanilla fire damage ticks. Which is dumb because thats not the point of the thread.
The point of this thread was to introduce more fire based spells. He was pointing out the flaws in fire based skills, I don't see the issue here.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
You gave reasons for why old Pyro didn't work, these were based around the fact you could avoid the vanilla fire damage ticks. Which is dumb because thats not the point of the thread.
My comment is based off what I've inferred and what Delf has told me. I was there every step of the way in Pyromancers creations. You know dragon's breath? I suggested that. Now if you have a problem that pyro doesn't have enough "fiery" spells then you should tag delf as hes the main skill creator and the one who did the revamp.
While I agree that pyro's "dark" skill don't really fit the class, they have their place and are a good addition. The way Delf wanted the new pyro to go is be a Wither/Fire mage.

-The wither representing pyro's shorter range/melee abilities.
- Fire are the mid range 'fiery" skills.

Now, pyro has 2 dark skills:
-Dark Blade
-Dark Bolt

It's still mainly a "fire" mage. If you can come up with alternatives or changes to skills (Effect/Name change) go ahead.
There comes a point where skills become redundant (whether with the class or other skills). TBH you never really said what this thread was about (Hell, your OP was a definition...) Since Delf is hard set on pyro having less "fire" skills I'd though it was reasonable to explain why he was.

Last edited: