• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer stuff

Shanok576

Legacy Supporter 3
Welcome Pyromancers and Pyromancettes of this world. You may be asking yourselves what this is all about. Well I will tell you right now, I have but a simple question:

Should pyromancers have to choose between doing more damage per left click or having an "extra" skill?

Some of you may not know what I mean, so I will explain. Pyromancers deal more damage with left clicks if they use a Blaze Rod, but they also have the skill Maim, which can only be used when wielding an axe.

Why would you have to choose between these two options? You should be able to get both, and here's my idea how that could happen :

- Remove Maim from Pyromancer

- Add skill "Liquefy". Description : Melts the ground under your target's within [Maim's range] slowing them by [Maim's amount] for [Maim's duration]. Costs [Maim's cost].

There you go, you now have a skill, doing the exact same thing as maim, but it can be used with your nice and powerful Blaze Rod! Isn't it amazing!?

Xelarator1

Obsidian
Welcome Pyromancers and Pyromancettes of this world. You may be asking yourselves what this is all about. Well I will tell you right now, I have but a simple question:

Should pyromancers have to choose between doing more damage per left click or having an "extra" skill?

Some of you may not know what I mean, so I will explain. Pyromancers deal more damage with left clicks if they use a Blaze Rod, but they also have the skill Maim, which can only be used when wielding an axe.

Why would you have to choose between these two options? You should be able to get both, and here's my idea how that could happen :

- Add skill "Liquefy". Description : Melts the ground under your target's within [Maim's range] slowing them by [Maim's amount] for [Maim's duration]. Costs [Maim's cost].

There you go, you now have a skill, doing the exact same thing as maim, but it can be used with your nice and powerful Blaze Rod! Isn't it amazing!?
Odd, I've always assumed that Maim works with Blaze Rods. Got Maimed in the Arena by another Pyro who was wielding a Blaze Rod.

But if I had to choose between 1-3 left clicks or having a somewhat useful skill, I'll go with Maim. The Pyromancer's strength is being able to burst other classes down with its skills, not left clicking. Maim makes landing InfernoOrb and GreatCombustion significantly easier, and lets the Pyro pull out his full burst rotation, which, if done correctly, does about 500 to 700 points of damage. That's a lot more damage than a couple of left clicks. Hell, left clicking sometimes puts the Pyro in a bad spot, since the Pyro is not a mobile class, and the constant use of InfernoFlash drains your mana quickly when used repeatedly. It also lets your opponent disengage if he/she desires to, for he/she will not hesitate to exploit a weakness. Therefore, the potential kill setups made by Maim are worth the 1 second weapon switch.

spiralz

Obsidian
Odd, I've always assumed that Maim works with Blaze Rods. Got Maimed in the Arena by another Pyro who was wielding a Blaze Rod.

But if I had to choose between 1-3 left clicks or having a somewhat useful skill, I'll go with Maim. The Pyromancer's strength is being able to burst other classes down with its skills, not left clicking. Maim makes landing InfernoOrb and GreatCombustion significantly easier, and lets the Pyro pull out his full burst rotation, which, if done correctly, does about 500 to 700 points of damage. That's a lot more damage than a couple of left clicks. Hell, left clicking sometimes puts the Pyro in a bad spot, since the Pyro is not a mobile class, and the constant use of InfernoFlash drains your mana quickly when used repeatedly. It also lets your opponent disengage if he/she desires to, for he/she will not hesitate to exploit a weakness. Therefore, the potential kill setups made by Maim are worth the 1 second weapon switch.

Orrr the skill can just be fixed to work with Pyro's best weapon to get the best of both worlds. And I believe Pyro is as much melee as it is caster. Pyro's skills are mostly close range which is supposed to go hand-in-hand with melee damage. If mobility is a problem (which it shouldn't be considering it's decent Flash), then a pyro can simply set the enemy on fire and run away if that is what is desired. Yes, some classes can completely obliterate a pyro, whereas others are the ones getting killed. Not every class is supposed to defeat every class. So in terms of mobility, Pyro could easily escape/kite classes that have neither Flash/Blink or other movement skills, but classes such as Dragoon and Ninja will probably be able to catch up, and that is called balance.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team

We'll have maim work with blazerod.