• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer! (Skills + Armor)

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
By looking at the skills i can see pyro is a fun class. I believe it is in need of some slight changes. Pyromancer is a close range class, all of its skills except fireball have little range so to counter this i think pyro should gain either Chain helm, Chain boots or maybe even both. Pyromancer only has recycled skills and none of its own unique ones. I was thinking about skills and i thought up a few:

SKILLS
Extinguish: Works like pulse but it knocks enemy's back and stops nearby allies burning.

Flamethrower: Fire 10 fireballs in short succession dealing maybe 30 damage each?

Flaming tornado: Your movement speed is increased and nearby enemies take 10 damage per second ( Icy aura just without the debuff)

TWEAKS
Firearmor: No body wants to use gold for armor because of how fast it breaks. To make this skill slightly useful I think it should be made to work with leather armor swell as gold

K

_KittyGotWet_

Extinguish: Works like pulse but it knocks enemy's back and stops nearby allies burning.
I like it, it's not often I see a class prepared to counter anyone else with the same class.

Flamethrower: Fire 10 fireballs in short succession dealing maybe 30 damage each?
I don't like this idea, if played properly, this could be used like firewave, but in a more concentrated area.

Flaming tornado: Your movement speed is increased and nearby enemies take 10 damage per second ( Icy aura just without the debuff)
This idea also has potential, but if the effects last too long, this could be quite OP. A few seconds gives you enough time to escape a conflict (This doesn't seem like a fleeing class though), but too long would allow a pyro to sprint around untouchable whilst casting other skills and obliterating the enemies. This would also make a good counter against its main weakness of rogue specs.

Firearmor: No body wants to use gold for armor because of how fast it breaks. To make this skill slightly useful I think it should be made to work with leather armor swell as gold
This would majorly counter casters (Except Necro), their main skill is fireball and this would just stop them all from using it. Leather is way too easy/cheap to create. You may say the lower durability makes up for this, but it doesn't, it would really push this class into OP-ness.

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
I like it, it's not often I see a class prepared to counter anyone else with the same class.

I don't like this idea, if played properly, this could be used like firewave, but in a more concentrated area.

This idea also has potential, but if the effects last too long, this could be quite OP. A few seconds gives you enough time to escape a conflict (This doesn't seem like a fleeing class though), but too long would allow a pyro to sprint around untouchable whilst casting other skills and obliterating the enemies. This would also make a good counter against its main weakness of rogue specs.

This would majorly counter casters (Except Necro), their main skill is fireball and this would just stop them all from using it. Leather is way too easy/cheap to create. You may say the lower durability makes up for this, but it doesn't, it would really push this class into OP-ness.
Yeh, i see your points, flamethrower would be kinda OP but 10x30 is 300 damage and there is a low chance that you could hit them with every single one, maybe it could be used like blaze just in a straight line. As for flame tornado, pyro seems really easy just to run from as it has no way to catch up or stop their opponent

Wizard - Root + Blink
Necro - Web
Beguiler- Pigify + mass pigify
Pyro- None

Samurai - One
Dreadknight - Terror + empathy
Paladin - None
Dragoon - Impale + spear

Disciple - Forcepull
Cleric - None
Druid - Root
Bloodmage - Constrict

Ninja - One + Backflip
Runeblade- Hurricane feet + icy sword
Ranger - Icy arrow
Bard - Accelerando

As you can see all classes apart from Cleric + Paladin have some way to catch up/stop their opponent. I believe it needs a skill like Flame tornado etc... Thanks for commenting :)

Dsawemd

Wiki Team
Legacy Supporter 8
If they wanted something cool and pyro-y:

Flame-Retardant: Pyromasters are spared the first tick of lava damage and the first 1-3 ticks of enemy fire damage, and can't set themselves on fire (can still be set on fire from fires, mobs, lava, etc). Passive, no cost, does not lower initial fire spell damage when taken.

Pyro gets hit by fireball, fireball does normal damage, sets Pyro on fire, Pyro takes first damage from fire after a few seconds of being on fire, and overall takes less damage because he was safe those first few seconds.

whitemagehealu

Legacy Supporter 7
If they wanted something cool and pyro-y:

Flame-Retardant: Pyromasters are spared the first tick of lava damage and the first 1-3 ticks of enemy fire damage, and can't set themselves on fire (can still be set on fire from fires, mobs, lava, etc). Passive, no cost, does not lower initial fire spell damage when taken.

Pyro gets hit by fireball, fireball does normal damage, sets Pyro on fire, Pyro takes first damage from fire after a few seconds of being on fire, and overall takes less damage because he was safe those first few seconds.

Or Fireshield.

A

Aburido_burrito

Definately need more skills, or this class will end up like blood mage!

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
hmm maybe a skill i thought of while i was walking home from school... (was thinking about flying and the classes on herocraft, then for some reason thought of flying by fire lol)
FireFlight: Ignites your feet in vicious flames allowing flight for 4 seconds, and doing minor AOE damage to targets behind/under you.
people may say this would be OP, but it could be given a simple 30 seconds cooldown or so. something like that to nerf it a bit
(it would also give warnings at 1 second left and such "Your flames are dying!"

lhatchy1

Legacy Supporter 4

It's like arrow storm, and would fit with the 'close quarter' combat style, you'd have to get close to have effect, but then you'd be at risk from things like despair...and a melee weapon.

qNickp

TNT
Flamethrower would be really cool if it was more snowballs and a lot less damage. Basically arrow storm :)

kevinlive

Legacy Supporter 2
Man I wish flamethrower would randomly spew out fireballs in a cone in front of you, a lot of them, dealing like 10 dmg per hit and have a higher damage DoT(like 20-30 dmg per tick, for two ticks). The closer the target is, the more damage he'll take(due to more fireballs actually hitting him), so on a longer distance the target would take minor to no damage, and if he's in your face he'll take like 200 dmg plus the fire ticks(20ish fireballs?).
Unless this is actually how the skill works, and I'm just being stupid( :eek: ).

P

Plob5

By looking at the skills i can see pyro is a fun class. I believe it is in need of some slight changes. Pyromancer is a close range class, all of its skills except fireball have little range so to counter this i think pyro should gain either Chain helm, Chain boots or maybe even both. Pyromancer only has recycled skills and none of its own unique ones. I was thinking about skills and i thought up a few:

SKILLS

TWEAKS
Can't say im not loving your profile pic