• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer Firewave Needs Some Changes

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Increased Fireballs by 2 starting. Increased damage, lowered reagent cost by 1. Let's see how this goes.
Code:
Firewave:
  use-text: '%hero% used %skill%!'
  fireballs: 10
  fireballs-per-level: 0.2
  damage: 145
  damage-per-level: 0.0
  reagent: 289
  reagent-cost: 1

F

Falker57

Shock is a weak ability it does about the same damage as pulse, but that doesn't mean wizard needs to have it buffed.
Envenom is a weak ability on Bard and ninja, it doesn't necessarily have to be buffed to make the two classes balanced.

It is important to look at the role the skill was meant to play, and whether buffing it would screw with balance,

Have you tested whether someone is actually immune to damage, since your axe should do more damage than the wither, thus overriding it. I'm not entirely sure how immunity interacts with hero skill damage, so that may be true.
Its whichever hits first FYI

Haxnn

Legacy Supporter 3
Hmm, a few interesting points. I don't believe that Firewave needs much of a buff tbh, it's really useful in team fights especially with the combo of Blaze. You also stated that it is not on the same level as other casters, but that is not true... Pyromancer has it's strengths, has some more armor and does some awesome fire damage... I guess to new players firing lightning bolts and forcing people to ride pigs is more appealing.

"I do not think there is anything wrong with a Pyromancer one-shotting someone with Firewave if he is directly on top of the player. If you play badly, you should be punished badly" - No skill should have the power to one shot another class, that is just wrong. :)

If you ask me, no it should NOT be reverted back to itself, from what I remember.. Last map during the 5th PvP tournament if you pay attention in this video you will see that 3 of SG's members have been 1 shot by Firewave. At the end of the fight and during the fight you will see that some people said that it was OP. (Haxnn was the Geomancer, sorry if I put you on the spot <3)

While I do like and enjoy how well thought out this thread is, I do not believe that it needs TOO much of a buff... I think that longer range or more fireballs would suffice.

I one shot c12 and graink at the pvp tournament, you wouldn't belive how mad people got. :p Although, as much as I love the skill, it was way too strong, even for a caster class. It sounds easy, but firewave was a bitch to avoid and if anyone in a fight didn't pay attention to you, they got destroyed.

I still miss you geomancer my love! <3

F

Falker57

I one shot c12 and graink at the pvp tournament, you wouldn't belive how mad people got. :p Although, as much as I love the skill, it was way too strong, even for a caster class. It sounds easy, but firewave was a bitch to avoid and if anyone in a fight didn't pay attention to you, they got destroyed.

I still miss you geomancer my love! <3
OMGGG SEEING THAT GAVE BE SUCH AN URGE TO GO DISCIPLE I HATEEEE YOUUUUU those were such good times. I remember I thought I was actually good in that tourney

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
just by going through these comments and topic and such, if firewave can only deal damage with 1 fireball per person, can't a tanky person just quickly run in, take all the fireballs and take 1 fireball's worth of damage instead of having the whole group hit? I would think to increase the damage instead of add fireballs.