• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyromancer - an axe wielding fiend!

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Overview: An axe wielding master of flame. The pyromancer attacks with fierce flame.
High melee damage, high spell damage, low hp, low armor.

Here's my thought process for introducing this and Swordmage, Either
  1. Merge Ninja/Thief and rename Swordmage to Runeblade to go under the rogue path & Pyromancer in place of Geomancer
  2. Merge Ninja/Thief and place Pyromancer in the Rogue path and leave Swordmage in caster.
Let me know what you think. It's pretty easy to put together and change up.
Code:
permitted-skills:
    Potion:
        level: 1
    Fireball:
        level: 1
        mana: 17
        cooldown: 5000
        damage: 130
    Fireblade:
        level: 10
        mana: 15
        cooldown: 5000
        stamina: 2
    Kick:
        level: 20
        mana: 10
        cooldown: 7000
        stamina: 9
    Firearmor:
        level: 30
    Flameshield:
        level: 35
        mana: 25
        cooldown: 30000
    Fireblast:
        level: 40
        mana: 20
        cooldown: 15000
        damage: 180
    Blaze:
        level: 55
        mana: 20
        cooldown: 8000
    Firewave:
        level: 60
        mana: 30
        cooldown: 10000
        delay: 1500

Algsa777

TNT
Sounds reasonable. I think everyone wants NINJA/THIEF merged again also i cant the idea of a mage that focusing as his sword that just sounds like a weaker non healing paladin. Or a sword based disciple.

MultiHeartGold

Legacy Supporter 2
Looking at how it wields axes, I'd think it could replace Dreadknight, after changing skills to more Warrior-ish. But tbh, as Casters seem to have a lot fire spells, Pyromancer would be a very good replacement for Geomancer, as you kinda suggested. With Swordmage going to Rogue path, I'd think it should replace Ninja, and the class name should stay as Swordmage. "Runeblade" could be the mastering title or something. This is kinda like a "too much agreeing to OP" -post, but just wanted to say my opinion.

Algsa777

TNT
@MultiHeartGold
A wild feline anthromorphues grammar nazi appears!
Well i think removing DK is a bad idea since they are the direct oppisite of paladins and a decent counter for them. Everything else seems good with me.

arcanegrove

Obsidian
I was thinking of sword Mage being like a rift warrior in Rift. Where as they have different weapon enchants, stances and skills to be used as combos. Fire blade, Frost blade, earth and wind blade that would all have different procs.

And having firewave, frost nova, rock smash and windshear being the skills goin in correlation to those weapon enchants, procing the effects when using different blades. A few examples:

Fire Blade: You engulf your blade in fire, giving you a 10% chance to light the target on fire.

Frost blade: same as fire except a slow.

Wind blade: 10% chance to knock back the enemy and silence.

Earth blade: extra damage.

Now the skills.

Fire wave: you shoot a wave of fire, dealing damage and doing extra damage if frost blade is active. Procing Fireblade if active.

Frost nova: same as fire wave, but visa versa.

Windshear : You shoot a blast of air, throwing target up in the air and doing extra RMG if earth blade is active. Procing wind blade if active.

Earth smash: same as wind shear but visa versa

Sorry, got a little carried away. But yeah, what I though sword mage would be...

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
So @Kainzo what if you had renamed Swordsmage into runeblade and put it into the rogue path. Pyromancer could go into the caster path, Its only and idea but it allows for you to use both classes.

A

Aburido_burrito

I think keep swordmage in the caster classes and combine thief/ninja for pyromancer

Aryios

Senior Architect
Architect
Swordmage just seems more of a rogue like class then a Pyromancer. I think i misread that. D:

K

_KittyGotWet_

Runeblade seems like a rogue and Pyromancer is definately a caster.
Will there be plans for brand new skills for the pyro?

Halizu

ICE ICE ICE!
I can see a bit of OPness if thief and ninja are merged: a class with confuse, eviscerate, backstab, smoke, and one...

judgedread540

Legacy Supporter 3
New skill suggestion : Flame thrower

You fire constant fireballs for 2 seconds doing 20 damage each and applying knockback

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Option 1. "Merge Ninja/Thief and rename Swordmage to Runeblade to go under the rogue path & Pyromancer in place of Geomancer" works so much better in my opinion.

MajorasMask

Ungodly
Ahhhhhh, so many new specs! :p

I take it that they are just being introduced to replace the old ones, yes? Or will new ones be added to go beyond the current 4 specs per class?

(Someone should create a chart/list/something to help us noobs! :p)

Will wizard be changed? :eek: Aunty Majoras likes to sell those 5c ports to spawn! :D