• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyro Rework

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
So I've recently started playing Pyro after testing the T2 on visions, and it's a fun class. Great damage, decent mobility, and a little tankier than the average caster.

However, pyro also has incredibly bad mana problems. Why is that?

Well, for starters, DarkBlade, which absorbs mana from the target, uses 50 mana and gives you 70. Like honestly, that's a tad bit counter-productive isn't it?

Now I do realize that Pyro is a melee/caster hybrid, but most of it's damage comes from magic damage. DragonsBreath,one of a pyro's main spammable/damage skills, uses up 125 mana right off the bat, with a 20 second cd. GreatCombustion does 60~ more damage and stuns, and only costs about 15 more mana.

DarkBolt isn't even worth using since it's broken, but it takes 120 mana as well for 95 damage, which is stupid imo, as dragonsbreatj only uses 5 more mana and does more damage.

Curse uses up 100 mana. It's a useful skill but it should take away that much mana.

ChaoticStrength, which is one of pyro's main skills in its burst, uses up 90 mana. This is ok considering that is gives you around 32 strength, but I feel lowering the mana cost would make pyro be able to use this more than once.

InfernoFlash takes up 110 mana. Like wtf. That's cancer right there.

And, infernoorb uses 110 mana, which is fine considering that it does 160~ damage.

So, now for the suggestions.

DarkBlade- Remove the mana cost, or buff the mana taken.

DragonsBreath-Lower the mana cost from 125 to 95.

GreatCombustion is fine.

DarkBolt- Fix it, then lower the mana cost to 105.

Curse- Lower cost to 85

C.Strength.-Lower cost to 75

InfernoFlash-Lower cost to 80

InfernoOrb is fine

Might I also suggest removing either three points of wisdom or strength and adding it onto Intellect? It is a caster class after all. A melee/caster hybrid, yes, but still a caster.

So I've recently started playing Pyro after testing the T2 on visions, and it's a fun class. Great damage, decent mobility, and a little tankier than the average caster.

However, pyro also has incredibly bad mana problems. Why is that?

Well, for starters, DarkBlade, which absorbs mana from the target, uses 50 mana and gives you 70. Like honestly, that's a tad bit counter-productive isn't it?

Now I do realize that Pyro is a melee/caster hybrid, but most of it's damage comes from magic damage. DragonsBreath,one of a pyro's main spammable/damage skills, uses up 125 mana right off the bat, with a 20 second cd. GreatCombustion does 60~ more damage and stuns, and only costs about 15 more mana.

DarkBolt isn't even worth using since it's broken, but it takes 120 mana as well for 95 damage, which is stupid imo, as dragonsbreatj only uses 5 more mana and does more damage.

Curse uses up 100 mana. It's a useful skill but it should take away that much mana.

ChaoticStrength, which is one of pyro's main skills in its burst, uses up 90 mana. This is ok considering that is gives you around 32 strength, but I feel lowering the mana cost would make pyro be able to use this more than once.

InfernoFlash takes up 110 mana. Like wtf. That's cancer right there.

And, infernoorb uses 110 mana, which is fine considering that it does 160~ damage.

So, now for the suggestions.

DarkBlade- Remove the mana cost, or buff the mana taken.

DragonsBreath-Lower the mana cost from 125 to 95.

GreatCombustion is fine.

DarkBolt- Fix it, then lower the mana cost to 105.

Curse- Lower cost to 85

C.Strength.-Lower cost to 75

InfernoFlash-Lower cost to 80

InfernoOrb is fine

Might I also suggest removing either three points of wisdom or strength and adding it onto Intellect? It is a caster class after all. A melee/caster hybrid, yes, but still a caster.
Lol so bad (jkjk luve u)

LightTheAbsol

Legacy Supporter 3
Darkbolt will never be fixed. Darkbolt needs to be broken 24/7 or it isn't Darkbolt anymore. We all know and love Darkbolt as that awesome skill we want to work, but it never does.
:3

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I've been gone for a while but what exactly is broken with Darkbolt?

Ice_Burner

Legacy Supporter 1
Well the wither skull is broken on it, it would oneshot. So now the projectile was changed to a snowball, albeit the snowball if it hits does nothing. @TrueCorruptor