• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion pyro change

I think Pyro should get fireball and fireblast, just cuz fireball is considered the basic fire spell and fireblast same thing pretty much. Im pretty sure Pyro had fireblast last map, dont know why it was removed.

Also, i think pryo should get flameshield as a passive skill from lvl 1, after all, a pyro shouldnt get hurt by fire. i mean this not like they are immune to fireball and stuff, but to just vanilla burning fireticks

can someone also explain dragons breath? it seems underwhelming. having a warmup time for like 60 dmg, compared to insta fire fireblast or fireball or even chaos orb.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
-Pyro had fireball last map, but was removed during it's revamp. I believe this was mainly due to it being redundant with chaos orb.
-Fireblast is Redundant with Great Combustion
-Passive flame-shield would make you immune to lava. (Would be super OP since you could just sit in lava and if a melee class wanted to fight you they would have to get hurt)
-I agree that Dragon's breath is certainly underwhelming. Compared to Necro's Bonespear:
(Dragon's Breath 60 + 1.75 and 14 CD VS. Bone Spear 80 + 1.75 and 8 CD)
(Dragon's Breath is much easier to hit with though.)

-Pyro had fireball last map, but was removed during it's revamp. I believe this was mainly due to it being redundant with chaos orb.
-Passive flame-shield would make you immune to lava. (Would be super OP since you could just sit in lava and if a melee class wanted to fight you they would have to get hurt)
-I agree that Dragon's breath is certainly underwhelming. Compared to Necro's Bonespear:
bonespear is also necro's one instadamg skill
fireball is better than chaos orb by far, does more damage and more range.
flameshield passive, but still if u stand in fire or lava u take damage, i just think active fireticks shouldn't effect pyro, also, can drain certain amount of mana upon firedamage negated, so if u want to sit in lava, you still die.
fireblast was no reagent and fun to use, greatcombustion has a reagent, less damage, and a warmup

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
bonespear is also necro's one instadamg skill
fireball is better than chaos orb by far, does more damage and more range.
flameshield passive, but still if u stand in fire or lava u take damage, i just think active fireticks shouldn't effect pyro, also, can drain certain amount of mana upon firedamage negated, so if u want to sit in lava, you still die.
fireblast was no reagent and fun to use, greatcombustion has a reagent, less damage, and a warmup
And yet pyro is still OP :p

Chaos orb has less base but higher scaling (It also teleports :))

And yet pyro is still OP :p

Chaos orb has less base but higher scaling (It also teleports :))
less base, but a significant amount, wiz starts with more int, so from the beginning wizard has a better firespell dmg than pyro. I just think chaos irb is sorta of a joke because its pathetic range.
Me and an pyro townmate fought to test our respective classes, and i laughed irl when he launched a chaos orb at me.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
less base, but a significant amount, wiz starts with more int, so from the beginning wizard has a better firespell dmg than pyro. I just think chaos irb is sorta of a joke because its pathetic range.
Me and an pyro townmate fought to test our respective classes, and i laughed irl when he launched a chaos orb at me.
since when is 5 dmg a significant amount? It may not be for all people but it has it's uses.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7

-you really like your hyphens, don't you?

BulkPhase

Obsidian
I think Pyro should get fireball and fireblast, just cuz fireball is considered the basic fire spell and fireblast same thing pretty much. Im pretty sure Pyro had fireblast last map, dont know why it was removed.

Also, i think pryo should get flameshield as a passive skill from lvl 1, after all, a pyro shouldnt get hurt by fire. i mean this not like they are immune to fireball and stuff, but to just vanilla burning fireticks

can someone also explain dragons breath? it seems underwhelming. having a warmup time for like 60 dmg, compared to insta fire fireblast or fireball or even chaos orb.
Fireball was removed because the goal was to make the class Pyromancer the only caster out of the 4 that does not kite. Sure, you can run around and spam Darkbolt, but Pyromancers are an all in short range burst class. With fireball they wouldn't be unique and would be just like the other specs, kiting around and keeping at a distance. ChaosOrb is what makes the class unique and DragonsBreath works like BoneSpear, except a much shorter range.

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff
Fireball was removed to prevent a "melee-to-mid-range caster" from being able to kite.

They will not be getting fireball back, and this is not up for debate.

Fireball was removed to prevent a "melee-to-mid-range caster" from being able to kite.

They will not be getting fireball back, and this is not up for debate.
What about fireblast? :\ also, is it possible to make chaos orb a bit faster with the same range? i notice its really slow and out of the 10 times me and a town mate tested out classes, me a necro, he a pyro. pretty sure necro is a slow class, and in all 10 fights, he only hit me once with Chaos orb, and that was cuz i got stuck in a box.
Fireball was removed because the goal was to make the class Pyromancer the only caster out of the 4 that does not kite. Sure, you can run around and spam Darkbolt, but Pyromancers are an all in short range burst class. With fireball they wouldn't be unique and would be just like the other specs, kiting around and keeping at a distance. ChaosOrb is what makes the class unique and DragonsBreath works like BoneSpear, except a much shorter range.
but its damage is so low? and it has a warm up for the same damage as a regular melee strike?

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
What about fireblast? :\ also, is it possible to make chaos orb a bit faster with the same range? i notice its really slow and out of the 10 times me and a town mate tested out classes, me a necro, he a pyro. pretty sure necro is a slow class, and in all 10 fights, he only hit me once with Chaos orb, and that was cuz i got stuck in a box.

but its damage is so low? and it has a warm up for the same damage as a regular melee strike?
Well it's also:
  • AOE
  • Magic
  • Scales with int
But I still agree that the damage on dragon's breath is a little low.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Well it's also:
  • AOE
  • Magic
  • Scales with int
But I still agree that the damage on dragon's breath is a little low.

Yet despite that, Pyromancer is in a really great spot, and could even be using some nerfs right about now.

I think if we want to make DragonsBreath more powerful, we're going to have to take damage off of some of the other abilities (like withering and greatcombustion) in order to add more damage to DragonsBreath. That's the only way I see this working and maintaining balance at the same time.

Yet despite that, Pyromancer is in a really great spot, and could even be using some nerfs right about now.

I think if we want to make DragonsBreath more powerful, we're going to have to take damage off of some of the other abilities (like withering and greatcombustion) in order to add more damage to DragonsBreath. That's the only way I see this working and maintaining balance at the same time.
i feel like its worthless to use except for lvling against a mass of mobs. i made a different suggestion on adding reagents to stuff

Delfofthebla

Legacy Supporter 4
Retired Staff

It does not need fireblast. It already has a very large amount of instant damaging abilities, and it does not need another. DragonsBreath damage is low because it is a very reliable AoE damaging ability on a powerful melee class.

I play Pyromancer on live, and I have no issues with any of their abilities. I am comfortable with the functionality, warmups, costs, and damages of almost every skill. ChaoticStrength feels about of place / unnecessary I guess, but that's it. I have very few issues landing chaos orb, and I can even use it to gain distance on enemies as I chase them. The damage on this ability is also larger than Fireball, making it more effective if you have the skill to land it.

I know it's a hard skillshot to land, but that's part of the class design. They are very skillshot dependent, and players that are able to land them will win a lot more fights than a player who cannot. I do not believe you are very experienced at playing Pyromancer, or you wouldn't suggest these things. Sorry, but the requests you are making would severely break the balance and design of the class, and are unlikely to be implemented.

Last edited:

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
It does not need fireblast. It already has a very large amount of instant damaging abilities, and it does not need another. DragonsBreath damage is low because it is a very reliable AoE damaging ability on a powerful melee class.

I play Pyromancer on live, and I have no issues with any of their abilities. I am comfortable with the functionality, warmups, costs, and damages of almost every skill. ChaoticStrength feels about of place / unnecessary I guess, but that's it. I have very few issues landing chaos orb, and I can even use it to gain distance on enemies as I chase them. The damage on this ability is also much larger than Fireball, making it more effective if you have the skill to land it.

I do not believe you are very experienced at playing Pyromancer, or you wouldn't suggest these things. As usual, sorry, but the requests you are making would severely break the balance and design of the class, and are unlikely to be implemented.

Chaos Orb deals much more than fireball? I've got like 33 int on live and it deals a whopping one point less than fireball on beguiler and wizard :x