• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pyro attribute build

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
I have no clue how to pvp, and to be honest, this is my first in-depth endeavor into the activity.

After searching through the classes, the pryomancer caught my attention. Thus I have spent around an hour calculating things up, and have come up with a rough attribute build for the pyromancer. Any thoughts, negative or positive (provided they are constructive) would be appreciated.

Str = 20
Con = 15
End = -3
Agi = -3
Int = 32
Wis = -3
Char = 15

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Str is not needed imo. Can leave it at base attribute
Con = 20ish
End = Raise that up more to 45 or 50 equip
Agi = Would say either 0 agility or 5 agility.
Int = Good, stay in the 30-35 int.
Wis = Raise that up to 5-15
Char = Only need 10 char for 2 second stun

I think that tanky pyro is better than a Str-Int Build Pyro. Maim is good, but you don't really want to use maim just for the damage, it's more for the interrupt/slow. Darkblade is good, but like I said not really for the damage but the mana gained from it. Plus from experience, you run stamina pretty quickly when using your other spells, so it's better to save your stam for your magic spells.

Last edited:

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Str is not needed imo. Can leave it at base attribute
Con = 20ish
End = Raise that up more to 45 or 50 equip
Agi = Would say either 0 agility or 5 agility.
Int = Good, stay in the 30-35 int.
Wis = Raise that up to 5-15
Char = Only need 10 char for 2 second stun

I think that tanky pyro is better than a Str-Int Build Pyro. Maim is good, but you don't really want to use maim just for the damage, it's more for the interrupt/slow. Darkblade is good, but like I said not really for the damage but the mana gained from it. Plus from experience, you run stamina pretty quickly when using your other spells, so it's better to save your stam for your magic spells.
You need strength for dps

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Still not worth it, 20 str gives you +7 base dmg to your melee. However, I think that Pyro is an anti-tank/healer. With dark bolt, you can reduce their heal effectiveness. You can't really duel against casters/rogue since they have more mobility than you and will most likely kite you. Seeing as pyromancer is a close range class, you need that extra armor against melees. Being able to take less damage and survive for longer is better as your cooldowns are fairly long and the +7 damage wont really matter much because of their armor/heals. Pyromancer already has great base melee dmg for its axe/blaze rod, so building tankier would be better.

Last edited:

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Still not worth it, 20 str gives you +7 base dmg to your melee. However, I think that Pyro is an anti-tank/healer. With dark bolt, you can reduce their heal effectiveness. You can't really duel against casters/rogue since they have more mobility than you and will most likely kite you. Seeing as pyromancer is a close range class, you need that extra armor against melees. Being able to take less damage and survive for longer is better as your cooldowns are fairly long and the +7 damage wont really matter much because of their armor/heals. Pyromancer already has great base melee dmg for its axe/blaze rod, so building tankier would be better.
There is no way you are going to win with just spells.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
There is no way you are going to win with just spells.
Ofcourse not i didnt say that you only had to use spells. I'm just saying that it isn't really worth spending points into str when you already have a lot of melee dmg as pyro.

jazza411

Legacy Supporter 3
Ofcourse not i didnt say that you only had to use spells. I'm just saying that it isn't really worth spending points into str when you already have a lot of melee dmg as pyro.
Instead of putting points into strength do use the skill chaotic strength?

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
Str's main use as I see it in the pyro is to boost maim and dark blade so they are super op.

Pugglez_

Legacy Supporter 3
Instead of putting points into strength do use the skill chaotic strength?
Yes, forgot to mention that. I mainly chaotic strength when I'm out out of mana. But I still prefer avoiding using it since I try to wait for my mana to regen.