• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pyomancer: Balancing out the flames

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
True.... Though with all the kitting with necros...
Well, with a healer in the grouo it can actually be good. But eh...

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, dark ritual is fairly useless IMO. You lose 100hp for 200mp. Unless you're changing someone who is incredibly low the mana isn't worth losing the hp.
Let's look at a scenario:
I use dark ritual. +200mp -100hp
I use drainsol +82hp (I have 30 int) -100mp

Overall you have now traded 118hp for 100mp.

This is also assuming you aren't being chased or bursted down.
While it's a nice skill to use if you're in a hole hiding from mobs it doesn't serve much use as a "recover mana" skill in PvP.
your math is off... you will have traded 18 HP for 100 mana and dealt 70~ damage in this scenario. doesnt seem too bad IMO.

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
your math is off... you will have traded 18 HP for 100 mana and dealt 70~ damage in this scenario. doesnt seem too bad IMO.
You're right. No idea why I kept using 200 for the hp lost. My argument kinda just turned invalid XD

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
Dark Blade isn't a bad skill, some quality of life would be nice though.
Simply remove the base mana cost of dark blade and it will be fine. It just doesn't make sense to have a skill that restores mana cost mana to cast. Especially when you truly are out of mana and you cant even cast the skill

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ya... that something that would be better. Cause atm, pyromancers are in serious mana trouble. It would be more of a in combat skill, kinda making it more likely as the *all out in your face* type of class

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
Ok... I have gotten another problem lately with pyromancer
Spells should hit if the guy is invulnerable temporairy to damage with the melee hit. It is bullcrap that you try to hit a skill, the skill just pass through the guy as if nothing happen just cause you needed to hit him back a bit with your axe.
Damage invulnerability, the bane of Pyromancer.

So to this, I have 2 things I wish would be changed about pyro: Chaosorb should still hit if the guy is invulnerable to damage from melee. Also change the wither damage thing, cause it actually does only 1 damage par second and actually makes you miss your axe hits...

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
Ok... I have gotten another problem lately with pyromancer
Spells should hit if the guy is invulnerable temporairy to damage with the melee hit. It is bullcrap that you try to hit a skill, the skill just pass through the guy as if nothing happen just cause you needed to hit him back a bit with your axe.
Damage invulnerability, the bane of Pyromancer.

So to this, I have 2 things I wish would be changed about pyro: Chaosorb should still hit if the guy is invulnerable to damage from melee. Also change the wither damage thing, cause it actually does only 1 damage par second and actually makes you miss your axe hits...
what you're describing is most likely due to lag. skills are not effected by vanilla MC tick invuln.
withering is meant as a gap closer against kiters, not a skill you'd use 2 blocks from someone like the rest of your skills.

Evanist

Legacy Supporter 3
That the thing though, enderpearl actually does the damage thing and affects with invulnerability.

I am going to test it out later and sudgest a fix or something, I have a slight idea

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
That the thing though, enderpearl actually does the damage thing and affects with invulnerability.

I am going to test it out later and sudgest a fix or something, I have a slight idea
You are right. It's a problem with all "fireball" skills. Main reason to why shaman's firestrike totem is so finicky.

Ahrall

Legacy Supporter 5
@mikehk you've stated a few times lately that the wither from dark bolt helps against kiters, does the damage tic from withering actually hinder your movement that much?
(I've never been withered myself so I haven't been able to personally experience any change)
I assume it would be similar in effect as witch poison?

mikehk

Legacy Supporter 6
@mikehk you've stated a few times lately that the wither from dark bolt helps against kiters, does the damage tic from withering actually hinder your movement that much?
(I've never been withered myself so I haven't been able to personally experience any change)
I assume it would be similar in effect as witch poison?
if the enemy doesnt use the sprint button, it stops sprint sometimes, and it prevents sprint jumping while slightly pushing you backward. its a small difference, but if you're sprint jumping at the target and they're running away as well, you're going to catch up, especially on hills because it prevents jumping half the time.