• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion PVP, WAR & Conquest suggestions

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
First off, lovin the new war & conquest. Just some thoughts based on what I've experienced so far.

I like the Wartime/Peacetime dynamic, its fun but I think the timing is wrong.

Peace:War
I think 3:1 or 2:1 Peace to war would work better timing wise.

One of the problems I'm noticing with the 4:1, it doesn't divide well into a 24 hour day, which means we're getting a very odd WAR : SERVER RESTART: WAR issue happening overnight. Then during the rest of the day the wars are spread out so much that it can be lame waiting for it for the 4 hours.

I would also like to see the Wartimes given set predictable hours, say Noon, 4, 8, Midnight...etc or Noon, 3, 6, 9, Midnight. Makes it easier for those who really don't want to participate to know when it's happening and when they should bail out (and maybe easier for those who do to log in and do their dirty deeds).

Conquest
This has been a ton of fun so far, I'd like to see a change made tho where the capturing team must stay at or within a certain range near the conquest point. We've seen conquest teams flip the point and then go running all over the server if no one is challenging them. I doubt that's really the intent or the spirit of the game.

My 2c

-dio

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Conquest
This has been a ton of fun so far, I'd like to see a change made tho where the capturing team must stay at or within a certain range near the conquest point. We've seen conquest teams flip the point and then go running all over the server if no one is challenging them. I doubt that's really the intent or the spirit of the game.
I do not agree with this. If there is a team that no one is willing to contest, it gets boring to just sit there. I think you should be able to leave. When they aren't there players are actually encouraged to try to steal it away from them. Either they cap it or the other team comes back and there is a team fight.

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
I do not agree with this. If there is a team that no one is willing to contest, it gets boring to just sit there. I think you should be able to leave. When they aren't there players are actually encouraged to try to steal it away from them. Either they cap it or the other team comes back and there is a team fight.

If it's boring, perhaps that's where conquest needs to be made a touch more interesting? Don't quite know what you do to spice it up further. As it is now, you end up with a squad running around spawning mobs all over the place rather than in the conquest point where they're meant to be.

Maybe you up the ante by making it a game where capturing one point unlocks and activates a second one, if you manage to coordinate and capture certain combinations of them additional things could happen. If youre forced to leave a % of your party behind to hold one while taking the second one, it might make for some unique tactics.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3

No need to be bored. They can feel free to leave at any time. They just shouldn't be able to spawn monsters, get loot, and be proclaimed as the defenders of the conquest point when they are not, in fact, defending it.

Perhaps a larger range for defending the point, while still maintaining that they must stay within a range. Players all but going home and taking a nap while getting loot doesn't seem like an intended feature of conquest.

I would think that the most obvious 'encouragements' to getting more people engaged in conquest and keeping players entertained at the points would be more loot, however stacking more loot can't possibly work out well with the current state of conquest.

Unfortunately, I don't know the limitations of the pluigins or Minecraft when it comes to this sort of thing. There are a myriad of ideas to be applied to conquest that would enhance interactivity and engagement. The ideas I came up with are based on the idea that conquest is meant to provoke large groups to engage in battles at the points.

--Shorten the time on conquest points, activate them in succession (or a chance of succession) and reward consecutive captures.

--Vary the lengths of conquest points (unannounced), activate them in succession/overlapping (as Dio suggested), and reward for consecutive captures/multiple defended points at the same time. (requires radius of effect to check player presence as actual defenders)

--When/if Mythic Mobs are introduced with bosses, randomly choose a conquest point for a boss to spawn at for awesome loot given to the party who deals the killing blow. (in inventory, not dropped)

And also, what Dio said.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
No need to be bored. They can feel free to leave at any time. They just shouldn't be able to spawn monsters, get loot, and be proclaimed as the defenders of the conquest point when they are not, in fact, defending it.

Perhaps a larger range for defending the point, while still maintaining that they must stay within a range. Players all but going home and taking a nap while getting loot doesn't seem like an intended feature of conquest.

I would think that the most obvious 'encouragements' to getting more people engaged in conquest and keeping players entertained at the points would be more loot, however stacking more loot can't possibly work out well with the current state of conquest.

Unfortunately, I don't know the limitations of the pluigins or Minecraft when it comes to this sort of thing. There are a myriad of ideas to be applied to conquest that would enhance interactivity and engagement. The ideas I came up with are based on the idea that conquest is meant to provoke large groups to engage in battles at the points.

--Shorten the time on conquest points, activate them in succession (or a chance of succession) and reward consecutive captures.

--Vary the lengths of conquest points (unannounced), activate them in succession/overlapping (as Dio suggested), and reward for consecutive captures/multiple defended points at the same time. (requires radius of effect to check player presence as actual defenders)

--When/if Mythic Mobs are introduced with bosses, randomly choose a conquest point for a boss to spawn at for awesome loot given to the party who deals the killing blow. (in inventory, not dropped)

And also, what Dio said.
There is also a problem with this. Only one player would have to be there while the rest can do whatever they like. There are so many ways it can be bypassed. The only thing I can think of is to make the points decay over time if the party isn't there.

_DELETED_10000

Legacy Supporter 3
There is also a problem with this. Only one player would have to be there while the rest can do whatever they like. There are so many ways it can be bypassed. The only thing I can think of is to make the points decay over time if the party isn't there.

Well, as I said I'm not well versed in the ways/limitations of MC.

In other games I've seen, decay is used to check if a player is there, and even player activity is checked to ensure they aren't afking. I didn't want to suggest some incredibly intricate and specific thing that might not be possible, so I went vague. :D

I would think by your comment that decay is possible as a player check?

DeltaEmerald

Stone
I agree with you Dio, but war really is a pain for me, I do not like to pvp, nor am I good at it, but the wartime hours sounds like a great idea for people that do not keep track of the war times.

also I agree about the conquest idea Knirps as I do not feel like conquest should be about having way to many people in the party, leaving the point, and reaping the rewards.

-Delta

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
Well, as I said I'm not well versed in the ways/limitations of MC.

In other games I've seen, decay is used to check if a player is there, and even player activity is checked to ensure they aren't afking. I didn't want to suggest some incredibly intricate and specific thing that might not be possible, so I went vague. :D

I would think by your comment that decay is possible as a player check?
Like I said though. There would still be a flaw in it. You would only need one player to stay at it all times for it to not decay.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
alrighty, here it is.

The war/peace "plugin" was created by myself, it is several plugins reacting together to form something for the players. I'm working on getting a WEEKDAY plugin so that on specific in-game days certain things happen. This will align much more closely to what I want and we will trigger war/peace based on the days. So it wont be real-life time specific it'll be in-game day specific. This is to better touch on the RPG feel of everything. "It's Saturday! WAR IS UPON US!" type thing.

Conquests are and will always be a bit hard to get right. I think an active decay on the conquest point is something we can do and will help things out. Again, this is a plugin that was pieced together by myself with a framework done by ampayne but we're working on making it cooler and maybe interact with Weekdays.

Thanks for the suggestion, what we have isnt 100% what I want right now so its always nice to hear what the players are looking for to.

Egorh

Outcast
Legacy Supporter 7
I agree with changing around wartime hours but overall conquest can have a lot of work done on it. I personally want to see more 'variations' in conquest points. By variations I mainly mean not just the same building; why not build whole areas for one conquest point? If I was good at building I would volunteer for this job but I lack those minecraft skills.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
I agree with changing around wartime hours but overall conquest can have a lot of work done on it. I personally want to see more 'variations' in conquest points. By variations I mainly mean not just the same building; why not build whole areas for one conquest point? If I was good at building I would volunteer for this job but I lack those minecraft skills.
@Architects / @Admins - get more buildings done for Conquest, chop chop!

dionnsai

A frightening Cactus!
alrighty, here it is.

The war/peace "plugin" was created by myself, it is several plugins reacting together to form something for the players. I'm working on getting a WEEKDAY plugin so that on specific in-game days certain things happen. This will align much more closely to what I want and we will trigger war/peace based on the days. So it wont be real-life time specific it'll be in-game day specific. This is to better touch on the RPG feel of everything. "It's Saturday! WAR IS UPON US!" type thing.

Conquests are and will always be a bit hard to get right. I think an active decay on the conquest point is something we can do and will help things out. Again, this is a plugin that was pieced together by myself with a framework done by ampayne but we're working on making it cooler and maybe interact with Weekdays.

Thanks for the suggestion, what we have isnt 100% what I want right now so its always nice to hear what the players are looking for to.

So with the in-game days being 20 minutes...are you talking something like 5 weekdays of peace = 100 minutes peace and the "weekend" being 40 minutes of war?