• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Bug PVP Server - Birch Saplings Turn Into Oak Trees When Overgrowth Is Used

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
I'm an alchemist and am using overgrowth to build my tree farm for my town. Most of the time, the skill works fine and produces a birch tree as desired...however, every few trees it decides to produce an oak tree from a birch sapling. Naturally, in my biome, birch is a little harder to come by, so it gets frustrating. Thanks for taking the time to review this bug report!

UPDATE: The same thing is occuring with spruce saplings and acaia saplings. Additionally, when I go to use the skill, it often tells me that those types of saplings aren't saplings at all.

Last edited:

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
I'm an alchemist and am using overgrowth to build my tree farm for my town. Most of the time, the skill works fine and produces a birch tree as desired...however, every few trees it decides to produce an oak tree from a birch sapling. Naturally, in my biome, birch is a little harder to come by, so it gets frustrating. Thanks for taking the time to review this bug report!

UPDATE: The same thing is occuring with spruce saplings and acaia saplings. Additionally, when I go to use the skill, it often tells me that those types of saplings aren't saplings at all.
Can confirm this happens with all saplings.
As you it saying it's not a sapling: Make sure you're looking at the sapling and there are no blocks in front of it (It has to be air, literally nothing else can be in front of it when you look at it) Best way I found to do this is try to look down on the sapling and use the skill. And if it fizzles just spam the hell out of it. It'll work eventually.

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
That's exactly how I built it, and yes it happens with ALL saplings. Naturally with the oak, it doesn't matter.

Eligof

Legacy Supporter 4
It happens to me some days ago as alchemist, I tried to apply overgrowth to acacia sapplings in savanna biome and it turns to oak

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
To clarify, this is a bug with the HC skill of Overgrowth used by Farmers, Alchemists and Runesmiths, and not a Minecraft bug - correct?

Does it happen with all non-oak tree species -ie birch, spruce, acacia, dark oak? (Jungle tree saplings are unplaceable.)

And it doesn't happen to all Overgrown trees - does it seem to happen only with a percentage? Any ideas/estimates of that percentage?

DEMOCALIBER

Legacy Supporter 6
It is a skill bug on Overgrowth, yes. It happens with every non-oak species of sapling (even when the saplings are set up correctly). As near as I can tell, it happens with EVERY sapling...I.E. 100% of the time.

I've tried to use Overgrowth as a Farmer with various saplings(Spruce, Birch, Acacia) and it continues to give me oak trees every time. Haven't used it outside of the township SR yet, but not sure if that'd make a difference. I'll test it more tomorrow.

WitchOnaRampage

Legacy Supporter 9
I'm ... using overgrowth to build my tree farm for my town. Most of the time, the skill works fine and produces a birch tree as desired...however, every few trees it decides to produce an oak tree from a birch sapling.

... As near as I can tell, it happens with EVERY sapling...I.E. 100% of the time.

So this is what has me puzzled. Was it producing the correct species most of the time at an earlier stage, but that's changed and now it never works? (Meaning perhaps a fix was put in that didn't work.)