• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Pvp and Dungeons

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
Like what I spoke with Kainzo ingame:

for an idea each set of levels have there own dungeons you can use to level, but when you hit the lvl 30 mark all dungeons are PVP ON the one problem I see with this is the fact that people get to the level 30 mark and they don't wanna level anymore due to the fact they have a chance of being killed by a high level, so my idea is to have one of the 2 for each level dungeon from 30-60 should have one of its dungeons PVP OFF knowing how it is to not like pvp.... also it being that we have newbies getting killed by skill players all the time.... It seems that a lot of noobs are actually leaving due to this issue which we can all see so i hope to see this being a thing...

dd95478a8651ba1bba9b98d2cd354e0e.png

Thank you for reading!
cooltext244112304208968.png

ThatAintFalco

Portal
UHHH then just level up at T1 and T2 dugeons where pvp is off. It's slower but if you're not going to pvp you really don't need to unlock skills

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
well thing about doing it that was of leveling is the fact people would get bored because its too repetitive ... leveling is something that needs to be done espcially when it comes to being in towns, people raiding.... like me, when i'm leveling i dont like to be bothered and for some classes the dungeons are hard enough as it is, then add in having to watch out for people ganking you.... pvp isn't for everyone I like maxing out classes but i hate pvp with a passion

i mean if i was just starting out and i had to level up by doing that i would get bored and probably leave the server for a server that will peak my interest and keep me busy....

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
well thing about doing it that was of leveling is the fact people would get bored because its too repetitive ... leveling is something that needs to be done espcially when it comes to being in towns, people raiding.... like me, when i'm leveling i dont like to be bothered and for some classes the dungeons are hard enough as it is, then add in having to watch out for people ganking you.... pvp isn't for everyone I like maxing out classes but i hate pvp with a passion

i mean if i was just starting out and i had to level up by doing that i would get bored and probably leave the server for a server that will peak my interest and keep me busy....
There has to be a downside to leveling without pvp, last time we had a split everyone obviously leveled in the pve world because why even risk it when you can get the same exp. That split resulted in people getting bored super easily and the server dying faster than usual. If you want to avoid pvp all together, go for it level completely in a pve dungeon, but those who run the risk of coming across another player in a pvp dungeon will gain more exp.

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
then u can cut a bit of xp out of the ones that is pvp off.....

an easy solution.... cause as i see it people arent sticking around due to being killed by high levels

cat8898

Legacy Supporter 6
then u can cut a bit of xp out of the ones that is pvp off.....

an easy solution.... cause as i see it people arent sticking around due to being killed by high levels
Okay so make half the dungeons PVE and then make it so nothing at all drops from any mob and you get half the EXP and I'll agree with you

Demonishboy

Legacy Supporter 5
I dont think the items would even be worth taking away from it, armor has a low enough drop as it is and the souls barely give any xp lol

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
B
I dont think the items would even be worth taking away from it, armor has a low enough drop as it is and the souls barely give any xp lol
but there's no risk? So why wouldn't we take away the drops? Only seems fair, shouldn't be able to obtain everything on a silver platter

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
The problem about this is there is no risk at all. Lowering exp does nothing since you can level in peace. You are falsely informed if you think people aren't sticking around due to being killed by high levels. Players aren't staying because there isn't anything sparking there interest. They aren't finding a group that they can fit in. They probably also look at the player base too. They die so they ponder if it's worth to get their items back and try again, they notice that only 20 players are on and decide to leave because of the lower player base. The problem is half of the skills aren't working plus we are changing features in the game that were BETTER and changed for absolutely no reason. If anything dungeons may ruin the game for some players. They go into a dungeon by themselves and have a lot of trouble killing the dungeon mobs compared to regular mobs, get frustrated and leave.

But on the topic at hand. If you were to make half the dungeons PVP and other half PVE. Exp ratios will need to be lowered by 1/3 and no armor drops should be allowed to drop at all. If you are trying to farm dungeon bosses for armor, it should only be in PvP since it will allow at least some sort of risk in getting OP armor.

Air_Restraint

Legacy Supporter 6
also seems like the player count has dropped ever since the whitelist only was removed? or is just me lol
Player count was already dropping. But removing the whitelist may have made it worse a little. Since people had to put effort into an app to even play the server. Made them kinda want to stay more. I wouldn't say it's the main issue though.