• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

[PvE] The Flames Stir Again

So I was looking through some of the server's old lore in search of something I could turn into a Halloween themed event without going for something that has been done before such as "Hallow's Eve". That is when I stumbled across an enemy called Asgar. Being a fire/darkness based villain and the fact that his death was shrouded in a bit of mystery I figured this would be a good starting point.

Background:

As the heroes settle in their new world there comes strange tidings from the Far East. A string of arsony has been committed in a small town there, and it seems these flames are beginning to manifest into something darker. Rumors have begun to spread even as far as the Citadel of the return of an old enemy, one they thought was gone. Alas, even the mighty Zo have begun to fear the Soul of Asgar rises to reclaim his former body and to once more attempt to seize control of this world. The heroes will not sit idly by while this being of fire and darkness seeks to take away their new home! They travel to the burned ruins of the village in order to find their ancient foe and return his soul to the emptiness of the abyss!

What's Going on Here?:

Essentially in a either in an area on the eastern edge of the map or in just an entirely different world the players will enter this quest area through a basement. This entire area would be Non-PvP. When they come to the surface they didn the charred remains of a village now inhabited by blazes which drop some kind of event-specific currency. Players can return to the basement to find the vendors which will give them items of high quality, but not so high as to fully match the endgame players. After a bit of exploration you come across a large burial mound decorated with nether-based items which has collapsed in on itself. This will be the site of a new high difficulty dungeon full of fire-based enemies which all players can gear for by killing the blazes outside. At the bottom of this dungeon you will find a large chamber containing the Fiery Heart of Asgar, guarded by Asgar himself! The heroes will battle this very difficult boss to obtain even higher quality gear.

Decoration Specifics:

Since this is a Halloween-ish event we would want somewhat "spooky" decorations. The charred buildings should be a sort of Victorian-era style with some some coal blocks strewn about with other debris. Aside from the burnt down buildings and blazes maybe have some pumpkin fields surrounding the village, and some skeletons lying around on the ground (Not 100% sure if skeletons in death state are possible with current plug ins). The dungeon itself will be decorated similar to a nether fortress, but underground. The Heart of Asgar would be made of the red rock whose name I cannot remember at the moment.

Gear:

The basic gear is meant to be more time consuming than difficult to obtain. It is meant to gear the stream of new players that are coming along with the new map. That being said a level 3 couldn't manage to be effective here, but starting at lv 10 they should be able to take on about 2 at once. This is also the reason the zone would be a Non-PvP. Much of the armor would have fire-resistance and the weapons would have fire aspect. The highest quality item would be a heavily enchanted pumpkin to be worn on one's head that is unbreakable.

Pros:

1. It will give players something to do.
2. It will gear new players so they cannot complain about people with "OP" gear.
3. Event is based off of a holiday familiar to most people which will automatically make some invested in it before it begins.
4. Gives a bit of nostalgia to the older players who experienced the original event (If it did in fact exist and the lore does not lie).
5. Since it is full of partially completed "burned down" buildings it will be less time consuming to construct, and the dungeon itself is based on a simple and familiar structure in MC.

Cons:

1. Despite being less time consuming it will still take time to build.
2. May be corrupting the image of a character well known to server lore.
3. If gear is too powerful in the hands of new players they might run rampant in the survival world, killing even newer players.

Hope you guys like this idea, I believe a lot of people would enjoy this event and it would give them a snippet of server lore (incorrect as what I have written may be it can always be changed by people who know the lore better). Looking at the pros and cons list I think the pros definitely outweigh the cons. If there is already an October event in the works the staff can feel free to ignore this, I just thought I would suggest this just for the heck of it.

Last edited:

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Sounds fun, well thought out, and could really help @Kainzo to push the server to fighting mostly (if not all) mythic mobs.

I do like the last piece of gear being a pumpkin but... As it isn't an amazing piece of armor nor a weapon it would be fairly discouraging to anyone that really understands heroes like that. Maybe weapons for each class? I was really a fan of the Light's Bane how it would never break, or even though I never used it the how that added to your intellect, and the Cursed Axe of the Gods. All had something useful, and I believe a drawback to them which made gameplay pretty fun.

An event like this would also need lots of promotion (@Heralds ) and personally I would like a little area at the absolute end with maybe "spirits" of other villains in hc lore in like a tomb or catacombs that allow players to risk PVP for maybe 1 extra sharp, or those prot depth boots everyone is after. No sharp 17, nothing insane, just a slight boost and incentive to try PVP. This would also contain multiple boss+ level mobs and should require a group of 8-10 comped IMO.

Sounds fun, well thought out, and could really help @Kainzo to push the server to fighting mostly (if not all) mythic mobs.

I do like the last piece of gear being a pumpkin but... As it isn't an amazing piece of armor nor a weapon it would be fairly discouraging to anyone that really understands heroes like that. Maybe weapons for each class? I was really a fan of the Light's Bane how it would never break, or even though I never used it the how that added to your intellect, and the Cursed Axe of the Gods. All had something useful, and I believe a drawback to them which made gameplay pretty fun.

An event like this would also need lots of promotion (@Heralds ) and personally I would like a little area at the absolute end with maybe "spirits" of other villains in hc lore in like a tomb or catacombs that allow players to risk PVP for maybe 1 extra sharp, or those prot depth boots everyone is after. No sharp 17, nothing insane, just a slight boost and incentive to try PVP. This would also contain multiple boss+ level mobs and should require a group of 8-10 comped IMO.
Sounds great, and I suppose you are right about the pumpkin head. Maybe just keep that as loot anyway for a trophy of some kind.

Trazil

Legacy Supporter 2
Sounds great, and I suppose you are right about the pumpkin head. Maybe just keep that as loot anyway for a trophy of some kind.
it would be a nice little reward for maybe the starter minions? Just something neat and different to make them want to continue, kinda just a funny item to replace the special slapples that usually drop during events.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
I hate to shut this down but anything related to old lore is obsolete - there is new lore that kain wrote himself that I have seen.

I hate to shut this down but anything related to old lore is obsolete - there is new lore that kain wrote himself that I have seen.
That far from shuts this idea down. Even if server lore is being completely changed I would think the events that took place on the server would still stand. Even if the lore part of this becomes completely irrelevant with some minor tweeking instead of being the return of this character it can be the introduction. Or if the event team is against using an old character it is very easy to make a new one. I really only see 4 sentences in the entire post that would need to be changed to account for a complete wipe in server lore.

Don't be so quick to put the kaibosh on things.

Rumblestikk

Legacy Supporter 6
That far from shuts this idea down. Even if server lore is being completely changed I would think the events that took place on the server would still stand. Even if the lore part of this becomes completely irrelevant with some minor tweeking instead of being the return of this character it can be the introduction. Or if the event team is against using an old character it is very easy to make a new one. I really only see 4 sentences in the entire post that would need to be changed to account for a complete wipe in server lore.

Don't be so quick to put the kaibosh on things.

We can edit it. I'm saying the Lore blurb you made wont stand. I'll take a look at the event and the rest of the team can always talk it over.

We can edit it. I'm saying the Lore blurb you made wont stand. I'll take a look at the event and the rest of the team can always talk it over.
Well either way, thank you for considering my idea. Already have ideas for November and December... No point in rushing things though.

Jrr_

Architect
Balance Team
Adventure Team
Legacy Supporter 3
If you want to speak about more RP stuff, talk to @xMJay he likes RP a lot

GodOfGales

Legacy Supporter 4
As rumble said, the lore would have to be altered.

Aside from that, I enjoy the event concept! Like all ideas, they must be tweaked for most to agree upon.

Nice idea, :D

As rumble said, the lore would have to be altered.

Aside from that, I enjoy the event concept! Like all ideas, they must be tweaked for most to agree upon.

Nice idea, :D
Thanks. It is a bit of a shame that could not incorporate current server lore, but hey, I am sure there will be plenty of opportunities to fit something in the with the new lore.

JupiterRome

Legacy Supporter 5
Yeah, Don't worry too much about paying attention to the lore, Not many people on HC Pay too much attention to the lore and wouldn't be fussed with changing it =) (90% of people who are "RPers" are PvPers who troll and bait noobs by saying they are Rpers)

Yeah, Don't worry too much about paying attention to the lore, Not many people on HC Pay too much attention to the lore and wouldn't be fussed with changing it =) (90% of people who are "RPers" are PvPers who troll and bait noobs by saying they are Rpers)
Yeah, that was sort of the point of this dungeon though, to introduce a bit of lore to the players of HC.