• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

ALERT PVE Rules Currently in Effect:

Northac

Obsidian
for the lave / flint and steel. wouldn't enabling them only with a residence flag fix the issue?
Then what about those of us who don't have the souls to create a residence? Not saying its a bad idea, just that we need a way to cover everyone. This is one of those issues that may be solved with a "fix" that still makes people unhappy.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
This makes it so only engineers can do anything to protect chest/homes.

Edit: I suggest that everyone should be allowed to use lava/fire etc. to kill somebody as long as they are inside their home. Everywhere else should be illegal.

Everyone can lock chests and region off homes. You folks need to stop complaining when you gank with a team and a person gets to watch from afar when a team of people go through their home and possibly leave nasty signs. We had @dmil yesterday sexually harassing @anevia with nasty comments via tell I think. Maybe shout, she could explain more. Stop your crying and deal with it. Use regions, teach people to use regions and you'll be fine. I remember my first time on the server I had teams of people raiding my home and there was nothing I could do about it. I would PE, nothing would get done. There were times I would have to straight get off the server for hours just so they would go away. But that's "pvp" right? That's 'part' of the game?

PVE is meant for mobs vs people. That doesn't mean "OMG I watch person go through things! I should be able to protect my things but I don't know how! OMG!"

I will give a link right here, http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/Personal_Regions

And another right here, http://herocraftonline.com/wiki/LWC_PROTECTION

I have two regions and a shop at central selling ore. Yes, I'm T9 but I use my free lwc's for members to hold their things safe in a single double chest each. (Mind you these kids are T0) I also teach them about regions. So stop being stingy with your supporter perks if you have them and use them for others instead of yourself. If none of you have supporter perks, then work together. Start with locking chests. Each of you I should think can at least lock 1. Yea it might suck, but that's part of the game.

I'll have you know I've been raid free since starting this server and noone has been able to take my things without my permission. But of course they could kill me inside my own home :p . Which again is part of the game.

So stop your crying. This is herocraft. Whether you are in PVP or PVE there are risks from everything and everyone.

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
Everyone can lock chests and region off homes. You folks need to stop complaining when you gank with a team and a person gets to watch from afar when a team of people go through their home and possibly leave nasty signs. We had @dmil yesterday sexually harassing @anevia with nasty comments via tell I think. Maybe shout, she could explain more. Stop your crying and deal with it. Use regions, teach people to use regions and you'll be fine. I remember my first time on the server I had teams of people raiding my home and there was nothing I could do about it. I would PE, nothing would get done. There were times I would have to straight get off the server for hours just so they would go away. But that's "pvp" right? That's 'part' of the game?

PVE is meant for mobs vs people. That doesn't mean "OMG I watch person go through things! I should be able to protect my things but I don't know how! OMG!"

I have two regions and a shop at central selling ore. Yes, I'm T9 but I use my free lwc's for members to hold their things safe in a single double chest each. (Mind you these kids are T0) I also teach them about regions. So stop being stingy with your supporter perks if you have them and use them for others instead of yourself. If none of you have supporter perks, then work together. Start with locking chests. Each of you I should think can at least lock 1. Yea it might suck, but that's part of the game.

I'll have you know I've been raid free since starting this server and noone has been able to take my things without my permission. But of course they could kill me inside my own home :p . Which again is part of the game.

So stop your crying. This is herocraft. Whether you are in PVP or PVE there are risks from everything and everyone.
Its hard to tell if you are whining or bitching tbh. Its funny to think that the kid who used a title to get staff to cover his ass and had to be taught by the very same raiders who wrecked his shit. Is this just some self-righteous attempt to stop that from reoccurring? Then again, you turn around and call them all ignorant, bit of a hypocrite if you ask me. And you should know this, LWCs have limits. At T0 you only get like 3 total. I use all 6 of mine (My free ones) and still end up buying 2 or 3. That might eliminate some of the problem (For me), but some new player trying to take the PvE route (Which Kain wants to be an option) can't defend themselves properly (Even with lava and flint allowed, only high level crafters can use them, yet again putting new players at a loss). Not to mention, money storing isn't an option, they would have to hope they didn't get killed with their money on hand, because it wouldn't be safe otherwise. I get that Kain wants it to be hard, but being flat out unfair gives higher players and donors a wicked advantage, if it was truly hard or "Hardcore" as we used to call it, no one would have the advantage. I could go deep into it and rip your whole poorly put-together rant, but I think its best I just say: Better luck next time.

Pietro011

Legacy Supporter 9
Its hard to tell if you are whining or bitching tbh. Its funny to think that the kid who used a title to get staff to cover his ass and had to be taught by the very same raiders who wrecked his shit. Is this just some self-righteous attempt to stop that from reoccurring? Then again, you turn around and call them all ignorant, bit of a hypocrite if you ask me. And you should know this, LWCs have limits. At T0 you only get like 3 total. I use all 6 of mine (My free ones) and still end up buying 2 or 3. That might eliminate some of the problem (For me), but some new player trying to take the PvE route (Which Kain wants to be an option) can't defend themselves properly (Even with lava and flint allowed, only high level crafters can use them, yet again putting new players at a loss). Not to mention, money storing isn't an option, they would have to hope they didn't get killed with their money on hand, because it wouldn't be safe otherwise. I get that Kain wants it to be hard, but being flat out unfair gives higher players and donors a wicked advantage, if it was truly hard or "Hardcore" as we used to call it, no one would have the advantage. I could go deep into it and rip your whole poorly put-together rant, but I think its best I just say: Better luck next time.

I already explained all of that within the post. Try reading it again and pay attention this time :)

You people just need to stop making excuses like us who get ganked do and learn from your lessons. Come raid my base. Come prove me wrong. You need to kill people to protect your things? Come prove my idea wrong. Raid my member's chests, raid my chests. Tell me how well you do. I leave for work in 5 minutes. My coords are:

Y 48
Z -1059.

I guarentee you the only thing that can touch my chests without hacks are me :) . And all I do is not be an idiot and cry that "People take my things without my permission and I can't do anything QQ" . Cmon people. You taught me about this when I first came to this server. Even a T0 can make a region. They just need a few souls.

Last edited:

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I already explained all of that within the post. Try reading it again and pay attention this time :)
You are mistaken, your rant is a rambling mess of telling new players they need to get good and complaining about their complaining. I pointed out that regardless of your "Teachings" or "Help", they are still left with a heavy handicap. I know its being worked on, so its whatever at this time, but you act like its all fine.

I might as well take the time to explain how LWCs work too. If you give one out to another player, either of you are allowed to steal form one another. Bit of a hard trust game with a bunch of random kids (Especially if they were to team up with other randoms). Same goes for a region unless it changed along with township rules. Which you can try and say "I'm not like that", but I watched you snatch up a guys place and bash him in O chat when the poor guys just wanted their stuff back.

RagingDragon5

Portal

You people just need to stop making excuses like us who get ganked do and learn from your lessons. Come raid my base. Come prove me wrong. You need to kill people to protect your things? Come prove my idea wrong. Raid my member's chests, raid my chests. Tell me how well you do. I leave for work in 5 minutes. My coords are:

Y 48
Z -1059.

I guarentee you the only thing that can touch my chests without hacks are me :) . And all I do is not be an idiot and cry that "People take my things without my permission and I can't do anything QQ" . Cmon people. You taught me about this when I first came to this server. Even a T0 can make a region. They just need a few souls.

Nobody was crying or complaining. We have to remember to respect another's opinion. When you don't agree with another's opinion there is a way to respond that is more effective then the way you did. It's hard to convince someone to believe your side of an arguement when you are attacking them.

Yes we know HC is supposed to be hardcore, then indirectly killing someone shouldn't be illegal in hte first place. I don't mind that tiers get cheaper/free lwc and cheaper residence, it's a nice perk for those who support the server through money. However, if rules start being enabled to where it gives tiers a high advantage then this server can't say it's not Pay to Win. It's nice that you share your lwc for people, but wen you feel like to stop being nice their stuff is going to be taken. Also this makes newer players not want to play on the server, because we still have people who harass the easy prey. Hardcore doesn't mean to make it impossible for them in the beginning.