• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pve map rant

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
So I heard there's going to be a PvE map. I think this is a good idea and all but it gives me some concerns. I think that if there is a PvE map it should have at least 3 times less the rewards of exp and coin as the regular map. It also needs to have no minerals or next to none in the map. I am am bothered by having towns in the PvE map. Every town will be built in the PvE map. This is good in a way that there will be a better building atmosphere and the towns will look really nice. However this takes away from pvping with a town. The few towns who try to build in the main world will be endlessly camped because they are the only ones that you can raid. And don't call me a dick for just wanting to camp noobs because I'm not. I just want Herocraft to remain hardcore. There needs to be a noticeably more work in the "PvP off world" than the regular world. If this wasn't the case I would predict everyone heading off to the PvE world to level, mine, and do whatever. And heading back to the main world to PvP. It would just become a PvP off server except for when you want it; There would be no risk at all. Honestly the reason I play is how little PvP off areas there are and the amount of risk there is. But I'm not saying this because I'm now high leveled but this is what made me notice this server and it is why I stayed playing this server. I can see this as a way of indirectly making this server PvP off. There has to be some risk to the reward or else it isn't much fun.

malikdanab

Legacy Supporter 8
My $0.02:
  • Kainzo hasn't confirmed if there will be towns in the PVE world (at least I don't think he has)
  • The point of the PVE world is to either
    • Level til you are capable of world PVP
    • Ignore PVP, because you don't like doing it.
  • last time I heard, Kainzo is deciding that the PVE world will either:
    • Have less rewards due to it being easier
    • Have harder monsters to pick up the slack of non PVP
  • Towns will be endlessly raided no matter where they are (as long as you can pvp)
Kainzo hasn't decided/released all the details on how the PVE world will work. (still waiting for that 1000 word essay...)
I say you wait til you see how the PVE world will work before you start ranting.

Either way, the people who will use the PVE world exclusively wouldn't leave their town (or at least get far away) anyway, so it's not like you'll actually miss them.

Last edited:

Dakinara

Legacy Supporter 6
It is confusing to me because i dont understand if the pve map is different then the adventure map or are they the same thing? The adventure map sounded cool (dungeons, quests, etc), and i would be ok with no pvp there for the most part. If there is just going to be a duplicate map with pvp off then i agree i dont like the idea so much, but I am not sure what is in development really.

I assume an adventure map would be entirely regioned / no building / mining / breaking, so that would keep resource gathering to the pvp areas. Dungeons with great drops could be pvp flagged or something, but most of adventure map should be pve only, help new people level up in peace would only help with population IMO.

Last edited:

lioIIoil

Legacy Supporter 7
My $0.02:
  • Kainzo hasn't confirmed if there will be towns in the PVE world (at least I don't think he has)
  • The point of the PVE world is to either
    • Level til you are capable of world PVP
    • Ignore PVP, because you don't like doing it.
  • last time I heard, Kainzo is deciding that the PVE world will either:
    • Have less rewards due to it being easier
    • Have harder monsters to pick up the slack of non PVP
  • Towns will be endlessly raided no matter where they are (as long as you can pvp)
Kainzo hasn't decided/released all the details on how the PVE world will work. (still waiting for that 1000 word essay...)
I say you wait til you see how the PVE world will work before you start ranting.

Either way, the people who will use the PVE world exclusively wouldn't leave their town (or at least get far away) anyway, so it's not like you'll actually miss them.
If it is the cast that it is for players who only want PvE then make it shard to switch worlds. Like you choose a portal and then it costs a lot of coin to come back to the main world. There needs to be someway of blocking out people switching between worlds. This would stop the PvE map from becoming a mining map.

Paul_Bakken

Obsidian
How about no transfer of items -- and possibly money -- between worlds, but XP earned stays consistent? Would that address the concerns expressed in this thread so far? (Not that I have anything to do with how this gets resolved, of course.)

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
We aim to provide all facets of gameplay, this includes non-pvp related things.

It's not a matter of how or why, it's a matter of when.

Conflict map = Haven (Towns/etc)
Safe Map/PVE = Shrine (basic dungeons/pve/building)
Adventure = no building, some pvp, mostly PVE.
Chaos = Ruins