• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pumpkins are gone??!

Who would like to see the pumpkin making recipe re-appear?

• Yes, I love pumpkins!

Votes: 18 78.3%
  • No, pumpkins suck!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have a stack already so boo sucks! :)

Votes: 5 21.7%

• Total voters

Nell

Legacy Supporter 3
Hey there. I have recently made Alchemist and have been messing with recipes, but this morning, To my dismay! I noticed that on the wiki there is no longer a recipe for pumpkins and the recipe I was given 2 days ago on the wiki no longer works!.. Why why why are pumpkins gone? the recipe could be made more expensive for instance and could include a gold ingot but I really think that the ability to make them should still be in the game. There were precious few pumpkins on the map from the start and they have all been picked and how will any town be able to make capital without their 64 pumpkins, because right now, a stack of 64 pumpkins doesn't even exist i think.
So please. bring pumpkins back, just make them much more expensive to make. Pretty please.

Aesi

Legacy Supporter 3
They've been removed because its a city requirement now to have a stack of them. Not sure if they plan on re-adding them I dont really see the harm in it.

Nell

Legacy Supporter 3
Its required for Capital actually ;) But yeah a fairly expensive recipie will be needed. Coz truly there are NO pumpkins left.
Thanks kainzo for the reply. Im glad to hear it :) Im pretty sure none of us will be needing them too soon but its good to know they'll be back.

Nell

Legacy Supporter 3
Hahaha just noticed that somebody voted that they have a stack already bahahaha :D

Shenorai

Banned
Gold, I can see being put into the equation, considering the color of the pumpkins. Perhaps some leaves or logs, since it's a plant.

I almost want to say "throw a diamond sword into the mix" considering how the new cauldrons work. Something's gotta carve that face on there. XP

wolfgang784

Legacy Supporter 3
That would be way too easy since mushrooms grow now lol. I demand gold, grass, wood, grass, and a couple of diamond swords thrown in courtesy of Shenorai. Random stuff to make it annoying so when I have 400 of them people are like wtf.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
I'd think the perfect recipe in terms of keeping it real (Like the recipe difficulty from last map, but keeping realistic with materials in mind) also in advance of 1.7 around the corner and knowing that 1.7 brings leaf blocks easily farmable:
4 leaf blocks, 4 grass blocks, 3 roses, 3 yellow flowers, 2 iron swords, and 1 lapis block to make it look expensive (roses and yellow flowers for orange color, leaf and grass as pumpkin grows, iron swords for faster carving but economical, and lapis for solidity). Maybe some seeds in there too. Gold is a maybe, but it'd then be a bit pricier and therefor more logical for their rarity.

No matter how expensive they are or how hard they are to make, I'd just like Kain to make up his mind so that I can start making them. XD

Nell

Legacy Supporter 3
Yes ^^^ I second that :D I realize they must e expensive. I just want to know! :)

jwplayer0

Legacy Supporter 6
I'd think the perfect recipe in terms of keeping it real (Like the recipe difficulty from last map, but keeping realistic with materials in mind) also in advance of 1.7 around the corner and knowing that 1.7 brings leaf blocks easily farmable:
4 leaf blocks, 4 grass blocks, 3 roses, 3 yellow flowers, 2 iron swords, and 1 lapis block to make it look expensive (roses and yellow flowers for orange color, leaf and grass as pumpkin grows, iron swords for faster carving but economical, and lapis for solidity). Maybe some seeds in there too. Gold is a maybe, but it'd then be a bit pricier and therefor more logical for their rarity.

The more pricier the better i say, even though im no longer a alchemist, alchemist need to be able to make more unobtainable or rare items and be able to sell then for a high price, when you throw a gold bar or 2 into the mix, it forces the community to accept the fact that their gona have to break their bank if they want some pumkins to get to capitol from an alchemist.

gabizou

Sage of World Making
Architect
Legacy Supporter 7
The more pricier the better i say, even though im no longer a alchemist, alchemist need to be able to make more unobtainable or rare items and be able to sell then for a high price, when you throw a gold bar or 2 into the mix, it forces the community to accept the fact that their gona have to break their bank if they want some pumkins to get to capitol from an alchemist.
Which is kinda what annoyed me last map, When pumpkins weren't obtainable other than in cauldrons, people were like 30c? Your crazy, i can buy it for 4c! The materials though were the expensive part, as you can't grow grass in a cauldron anymore, so there are lots of limitations to the pricing. I mean if you're an alchemist, the thing is that your products shouldn't only pay for the items used, but also the time it takes to make that product (i.e. if you buy a stack of pumpkins, imagine placing 3 grass, 2 mushrooms and 1 sapling and right clicking 32 times over and over again while standing over lava) That will take forever. not to mention when people buy out your entire stock of grass blocks