• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Pulse fix or Replacement

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
First, for those who don't know : Geomancers are War-Wizards. We don't get enchantments to buff our friends. We don't get Ports to zip around the world and drag friends with us. We don't get blinks to bypass defenses or make a quick escape. And we don't get the ability to summon minions or travel to alternate worlds. What Geomancers have is the ability to lay waste to any that oppose them on the field of battle.

Ok, that's off my chest, now :

I just hit lvl 30 Geomancer, and started playing with the "Pulse" spell. I have to say, I am extremely dissapointed. The spell does 6dmg, with a range of 5 blocks. That's just outside melee range, and does the same dmg as a golden hoe, in exchange for 30% of our mana. This is just horrible as a lvl 30 skill, especially when you consider that battle is the only thing Geomancers have.

As an example, I had a volunteer join me in the cage to test pulse (Thanks Sixenn!). It took me 8 pulses to kill him, while he could punch me as soon as I got close to use the spell. I checked his level, and almost cried. He was a Level 1 Lost Soul. Yes, it took 8 castings of my Level 30 spell to kill a Level 1 Lost Soul.

I talked with @Kainzo about it, and he is considering getting rid of Pulse altogether.

If Pulse stays, I suggest an 8 block radius and 10 dmg. This would be in line with the other battle spells, and would be a great asset in big battles, but would be weaker than fireball/icebolt in 1v1 fights. The mana cost and cool down would be the same.

If Pulse goes, I'd like another earth-based combat spell to replace it., and would love to see some suggestions from the rest of the players on this.

My Suggestion for the replacement : Stranglevines : a 5 block radius spell that does 10 dmg, and silences the enemy for (insert reasonable time here). Cooldown and cost, I have no idea about.

I have to agree with this.

I'm a lvl 50 geomancer and I never used pulse for any PvP/PvE situation because of its low dmg. The skill also nerfs your mana by almost half, which only allows us to cast a few more fireballs or a single chain lightning or blaze, especially when absorb had been replaced with a different skill. :(
Sometimes, pulse doesn't work properly, like if the a few people are nearby, (not sure if I lagged or not when I tried) the pulse doesn't register as a hit.

I would like to see a skill replacing pulse, like Kophka said, an AoE skill would be nice.

-Hunglo​

Fury

Iron
If i recall correctly, pulse hits people in your party too. That said, It needs a replacement. How bout something of a DoT that damages the target and nearby players/mobs (not party members) for around 3 ticks. It can be a useful aoe and also decent single target that doesn't overlap fireball/blaze effect.

That or a skill that pushes nearby players away from the target.

Kophka

ICE ICE ICE!
I actually really like Pulse. It's a great instant AoE spell, with a reasonable mana cost (1/3 of mana). It just needs to be buffed a bit, since there were across the board HP buffs for everyone, but pulse got left behind.