• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Project: Story Teller

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
I love reading all the awesome stories in the Lore section of the forums, we have some talented and imaginative writers around here but i think we should take it up a notch. Working together to make more indepth and epic stories, incorporating things like interactive flipbooks with cool illustrations, sound affects and background music, storytelling videos with cool narations and affects. With all the guys working on the Herocraft OST thread i am sure we could get some cool original sounds and I know we have some talented graphic designers and artists about.

We could also have these stories in-game through book drops with custom urls leading to the interactive story or narated videos.

I have started poking around the different flipbook software that have the most to offer while being easy to use so if any of you have any suggestions i would love to hear!

@Loremasters
@victim130

Last edited:

victim130

Legacy Supporter 8
I love reading all the awesome stories in the Lore section of the forums, we have some talented and imaginative writers around here but i think we should take it up a notch. Working together to make more indepth and epic stories, incorporating things like interactive flipbooks with cool illustrations, sound affects and background music, storytelling videos with cool narations and affects. With all the guys working on the Herocraft OST thread i am sure we could get some cool original sounds and I know we have some talented graphic designers and artists about.

We could also have these stories in-game through book drops with custom urls leading to the interactive story or narated videos.

I have started poking around the different flipbook software that have the most to offer while being easy to use so if any of you have any suggestions i would love to hear!

@Loremasters
@victim130
As much as I would love to help, I'm just too busy atm and I've not kept up with happenings in game for a while. This is a great idea though! My only concern is: Lore has always been a tough task in terms of grouping up, many of us always had things coming up, blocking us from effectively working together. If you find people to help you Arch, make sure they are serious about it.

archceaser

Legacy Supporter 7
As much as I would love to help, I'm just too busy atm and I've not kept up with happenings in game for a while. This is a great idea though! My only concern is: Lore has always been a tough task in terms of grouping up, many of us always had things coming up, blocking us from effectively working together. If you find people to help you Arch, make sure they are serious about it.
Yeah i haven't really heard anything from the Loremasters (Tried to join, didn't really get an answer.) lately and Alator seems swamped with his admin responsibilities like getting Shrine in shape. There are a few new writers that have been posting some interesting stories in the Lore section and i am trying to reach out to some of the veteran writers like @strongholdx, @Faunherer @Eldrylars to see if they would want to jump in.

Mustardmanmcgee

Legacy Supporter 3
Yeah i haven't really heard anything from the Loremasters (Tried to join, didn't really get an answer.) lately and Alator seems swamped with his admin responsibilities like getting Shrine in shape. There are a few new writers that have been posting some interesting stories in the Lore section and i am trying to reach out to some of the veteran writers like @strongholdx, @Faunherer @Eldrylars to see if they would want to jump in.
Tell me an idea, and I can quickly produce a rough draft and PM it to you via forums if you would like.

Computer animations/flip books though, count me out. I have never been the techy type.

SurvivalManZ

ICE ICE ICE!
@archceaser

I am a pretty good write, if I do say so myself. You can check in the RPG Roleplay sections. I so far have 2 written stories. One, The Ranger of The South, is currently incomplete, but The Untitled Story is a free world role-play that will not end soon, Hopefully. You can check them out if you'd like. However, same as with MustardMan here, I cannot do the tech stuff. I could PM you the stories, but the tech stuff must be done by someone else. I would botch the job. Tag me if you wish for me to write a rough draft for you to see so you can asses my writing capabilities. Thank you for your consideration.