• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Professions

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Professions

Trying to come up with ideas on how to better place Professions.

I'm thinking of merging Mason and Engineer. Removing Runestone creation from Scribe and giving them a book-copying ability.
Creating Runesmith for Runestone creation and maybe making them a little more flexible in creating / maintaining them.

Farmer could be split into a few different professions ... Logger/Lumberjack, Breeder and Farmer.

Can you guys think of better changes for the future of professions ?

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Definitely merge engineer and mason. The concepts correlate too highly to have them separate.

Not sure about the Runesmith idea, I think it would make scribes far too useless.

Logging is too monotonous to have a class based on it. I would say keep it as part of farmer but proceed to give additional exp for farmers that choose to log. Is it possible to have farmer have 3rd tier classes (i.e. logger/breeder/horticulturalist)?

Eldrylars

Legacy Supporter 8
**cough cough** Scribe to Wordsmith.
As far as runesmith, Runes are awesome but they are also so expansive that one can rarely make a consistent business of it. I would not take anything from this profession unless you have a lot to add. I like the idea of the name change though.
Or the skillset change to Wordsmith ;)

Anyhow, I like the Mason/Engineer idea. If they were together people would most likely stick to them longer then just to finish a job.

As far as farmer I would not take anything away from it. At this time with the horrible problems created by the npc limit most farmers have long since run for the hills.

Smith, Enchanter, Miner and Alchemist seem well placed and I don't see a reason to reorganize them