• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Professions balance

MariusAbyssal

Legacy Supporter 6
I believe that with the addition of the new rewards from mining / pvp time has come for an evaluations of the professions.
Mainly I would like to talk about the state of enchanter and merchant.

Merchant took a big hit with the removal of villager trading and I feel like that should be addressed because people will now master merchant make their shops and just move on there's no real incentive to it outside ender chests which I believe is not a good enough incentive, maybe make it so your chest shops stop working if you can't create them, I believe that would grow the economy and create more trading in herocraft.

Enchanter is in a weird place basically all they will sell is enchanted tools... maybe if the enchanting table would be able to provide something even close to the weapons / armor you can get from symbols / medals / drops then it would be better but with the way it is now I think it's pretty bad. With the addition of these enchants the experience cost could be increased or even add a reagent cost to it and add it as a skill /enchant held item (cost x number of large soul fragments).

I believe the other professions are doing a bit better with some mentions:

Farmer - Very slow to lvl and as opposed to the other classes you end up with a bunch of double chests full of sugarcane and bread at the end, if you're not part of a town with huge farms you're gonna have a bad time.

Engi and Runesmith - Very focused on their thing. Not much gripe about them.

Miner - The fastest and safest profession to make money superheat has it's uses if you want some stone for building , though I believe that the smelting skills for both miner and smith are pretty outdated and not many use them.

Smith - Only gripe about smith is mentioned above.

Last edited: