• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Profession-specific leveling

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
Hey there,

I have been thinking about this, and have become rather jealous of farmer's since they gain xp by farming. Now, I'm not suggesting that everyone should gain xp through farming, but rather, gain xp by doing what their class DOES. Ex.... Alchemists shouldn't gain xp by mining coal, Because what kind of potion brewer puts coal in his potions? At least, put less emphasis on that and more emphasis on something else i.e using cauldrons or making potions. It wouldn't make sense for farmers to gain xp by mining, so why should it make sense for an enchanter to gain xp that way?

Thanks for letting me vent,
Keache

P.S gaining prof xp by questing too, maybe?

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Farmers don't get xp from mining. And crafter gets xp from farming now (not sure about other specs though).

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
My point, farmers should never gain xp by mining. They farm. Yes, potion xp may be impossible, but there has to be something :/

Faunherer

Legacy Supporter 4
Ah, I see now. Atm most profs are not suited for specialized xp sources- Their narrow focuses (excluding a few) don't make it too easy to do this.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I have acknowledged that player, i'm just making a suggestion. Hopefully this will come about in the future.

Keache

Legacy Supporter 7
I KNOW! Carefully reread that sentance. Perhaps I should rewrite it to- since it doesn't make sense for farmers to gain xp by mining...

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
An idea for enchanter is that you gain experience based on the type of enchant and the item used.

While this may be an unreasonable/impossible for some classes, I could see this working well for smith's repair.

Also, alchemists do more than make potions. Cauldron xp anyone?

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
I do think that enchanters do get some kind of experience for enchanting. It can be based on t he enchant like I said before and the type of material being enchanted. Since enchanters, well...enchant. So they should be more experienced the more they enchant.