• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Profession] Smiths & Diamond Swords

c12095

Holy Shit!
I intended to write a long response, but I came to the realization you are honestly to stupid to understand simplistic reasoning.

You only agree with things that help you or your guild, you are a child, and I apologize for assuming you were competent enough to have an arguement with.

See, this is what I call, half ass reading. If you care to read my post where I stated "Hell we have a lot of TC that cant use Diamond so we get them what the can use as a sword." You might be able to understand how wrong your statement really is.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
See, this is what I call, half ass reading. If you care to read my post where I stated "Hell we have a lot of TC that cant use Diamond so we get them what the can use as a sword." You might be able to understand how wrong your statement really is.
I'm not half-ass reading, you are just half-assed not making sense.

First you say Left's thread is based off your members using sword, then you say it doesn't apply to your members...

Once again you display stupidity to the highest degree, if it isn't applicable to you or your members then why have you such a strong opinion on the preservation of the current ability to use swords as a smith?

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'm not half-ass reading, you are just half-assed not making sense.

First you say Left's thread is based off your members using sword, then you say it doesn't apply to your members...

Once again you display stupidity to the highest degree, if it isn't applicable to you or your members then why have you such a strong opinion on the preservation of the current ability to use swords as a smith?

You do realize it is possible to have both members that are smiths and those that are not, correct? Secondly, I never said that it doesn't apply to my members. I said we have used lower grade swords for those who cant use it. Thirdly, like you have stated a few times now, it makes to difference if it stays or goes, I say keep it for RP purposes. A smith who cant use what he is "designed" to craft is a pointless idea. Your trying to sound educated, yet you have no clue what your talking about. So for the second time, see the whole picture, not just one sentence at a time please.

Malomarcus

Legacy Supporter 6
How about we stop having an argument over something petty. "Stay on topic" as an admin would say. But back to the topic, it is annoying having a wizard use a knock back II sword on me. But each profession has benefits. Alchemists can make potions that can change the tie of battle easily. While smiths can use diamond swords that do low damage, so things like knockback enchantments can be used to change the tide of battle.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
How about we stop having an argument over something petty. "Stay on topic" as an admin would say. But back to the topic, it is annoying having a wizard use a knock back II sword on me. But each profession has benefits. Alchemists can make potions that can change the tie of battle easily. While smiths can use diamond swords that do low damage, so things like knockback enchantments can be used to change the tide of battle.
Can't all classes use wooden swords? Just put knock back on those.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Sorry itzmak :( Didn't mean to hurt you any.

Yes they can, and thats what anyone who is a non smith does when it comes to knockback swords. Either wood or stone.
Then make smiths diamond sword do equal to wood damage and gold to stone or something.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
You do realize it is possible to have both members that are smiths and those that are not, correct? Secondly, I never said that it doesn't apply to my members. I said we have used lower grade swords for those who cant use it. Thirdly, like you have stated a few times now, it makes to difference if it stays or goes, I say keep it for RP purposes. A smith who cant use what he is "designed" to craft is a pointless idea. Your trying to sound educated, yet you have no clue what your talking about. So for the second time, see the whole picture, not just one sentence at a time please.

Okay, well then allow me to shut down that reasoning.

Blacksmith were never intended to be in combat, thus were mostly uneducated in sword art.

Not only that, shouldn't enchanters be the same way using your reasoning, if not smiths should only be able to use unenchanted items.

In any case I don't care, but first you go from it being combat related to it being about role playing make up your mind.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7

Blacksmith were never intended to be in combat, thus were mostly uneducated in sword art.

Not only that, shouldn't enchanters be the same way using your reasoning, if not smiths should only be able to use unenchanted items.
If you are talking about enchanters being able to use diamond swords in pvp, the should scale the same way smiths sword damage does. If you aren't I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying and I doubt most people will. Sorry I'm uneducated.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
If you are talking about enchanters being able to use diamond swords in pvp, the should scale the same way smiths sword damage does. If you aren't I'm sorry, but I don't understand what you are saying and I doubt most people will. Sorry I'm uneducated.
No, you are correct, that is what I mean, to argue smith's ability to use them is because they should be able to wield what they create goes vice visa with enchanters.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
No, you are correct, that is what I mean, to argue smith's ability to use them is because they should be able to wield what they create goes vice visa with enchanters.
Yep gotcha, enchanters can wield them just the damage is low.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
Yep gotcha, enchanters can wield them just the damage is low.
Oh, I actually wasn't aware of that thanks. :p

All I am saying is I don't really agree with smiths being able to use enchanted items, because it has nothing to do with them crafting it.

Nalestom

Legacy Supporter 3

That is actually entirely incorrect. Blacksmiths were exceptional warriors during the medieval age, but because they had the ability to create, repair, and improve weapons, they were kept to the back of battles as a utility because not a lot of people knew anything about the art of blacksmithing. Blacksmiths were highly educated in the art of swordfighting - that's why they fucking made swords. Would you trust a mechanic to fix a car when he has no clue how to drive? Would you trust a computer programmer who has never actually used a computer? Would you trust a plumber who thinks that outhouses are modern technology?

And what's this RPG crap about how casters and healers don't use swords? Gandalf used Glamdring, an enchanted elvish sword in addition to his staff when he fought. In most competent MMOs, casters and healers alike are able to wield daggers, knives, and short swords in addition to a staff, wand, or tome. Hell, in Dungeons & Dragons, wizards are able to use bladed weapons.

I'm going to insist that those of you who have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the "RPG" element of the Heroes plugin to please stay silent in this discussion. I agree that there is a serious problem with the Crafter professions when they directly affect combat scenarios, and instead of nerfing Smith so that they can't wield swords, I think we should instead give all crafter professions some sort of combat bonus. It would add more depth to the process of choosing your classes.

itzmak

Legacy Supporter 7
Oh, I actually wasn't aware of that thanks. :p

All I am saying is I don't really agree with smiths being able to use enchanted items, because it has nothing to do with them crafting it.
Well the damage isn't low it should be low. My fault for wording it weird.

If enchanted items are taken from smiths, then chestshops should be too. It's just a circle and would hurt every profession

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
That is actually entirely incorrect. Blacksmiths were exceptional warriors during the medieval age, but because they had the ability to create, repair, and improve weapons, they were kept to the back of battles as a utility because not a lot of people knew anything about the art of blacksmithing. Blacksmiths were highly educated in the art of swordfighting - that's why they fucking made swords. Would you trust a mechanic to fix a car when he has no clue how to drive? Would you trust a computer programmer who has never actually used a computer? Would you trust a plumber who thinks that outhouses are modern technology?

And what's this RPG crap about how casters and healers don't use swords? Gandalf used Glamdring, an enchanted elvish sword in addition to his staff when he fought. In most competent MMOs, casters and healers alike are able to wield daggers, knives, and short swords in addition to a staff, wand, or tome. Hell, in Dungeons & Dragons, wizards are able to use bladed weapons.

I'm going to insist that those of you who have no clue what you're talking about when it comes to the "RPG" element of the Heroes plugin to please stay silent in this discussion. I agree that there is a serious problem with the Crafter professions when they directly affect combat scenarios, and instead of nerfing Smith so that they can't wield swords, I think we should instead give all crafter professions some sort of combat bonus. It would add more depth to the process of choosing your classes.
I agree that all of them should have a combat bonus if any of them do, but that isn't true at all about smiths, what does sword art have anything to do with metal craft? There are exceptions as many smiths were retired fighters though.