• Guest, we are doing a new map (refresh) for Herocraft. Gather your friends and get ready! Coming next Friday, 06/28/24 @ 7PM CT play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Profession] Smiths & Diamond Swords

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Hey, all. It's been going on for awhile now, but it just seems absurd that a profession should have a DIRECT (not indirect, like Alchemists) effect on actual PvP. Some people just spec smith solely for the purpose of being able to wield diamond swords as healer specs/caster specs/rogue paths/warrior paths. I had previously thought that @Kainzo also did not want professions to influence PvP like this.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
Yeah, I completely agree, it doesn't make sense for a crafting spec to have any influence in direct combat.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Hey, all. It's been going on for awhile now, but it just seems absurd that a profession should have a DIRECT (not indirect, like Alchemists) effect on actual PvP. Some people just spec smith solely for the purpose of being able to wield diamond swords as healer specs/caster specs/rogue paths/warrior paths. I had previously thought that @Kainzo also did not want professions to influence PvP like this.
Actually, the damage is 30 for diamond sword and 20 for diamond pickaxe - the user would get more benefit from their specialty weapons, diamondhoe, etc.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
Actually, the damage is 30 for diamond sword and 20 for diamond pickaxe - the user would get more benefit from their specialty weapons, diamondhoe, etc.
What about ranged classes using knock back swords to have an edge they otherwise wouldn't receive?

Digger360

Obsidian

Or perhaps the extreme health bonus Masons receive? Should wizards be running around with 900+ health at level 10?

c12095

Holy Shit!
Who wants to enchant anything below diamond most the time? not only that diamond swords are very cheap.

So because you would be too lazy to give yourself an advantage in a fight using a lower crafted sword, everyone is the same? Hell we have a lot of TC that cant use Diamond so we get them what the can use as a sword. If you decide to be lazy and screw yourself over, be my guest, but it makes no sense to think everyone is like that.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
Nonetheless, it just makes no sense to me RPG wise why a wizard would be running around with a diamond sword, not to mention an enchanted one.

Kainzo

The Disposable Hero
Staff member
Founder
Adventure Team
Or perhaps the extreme health bonus Masons receive? Should wizards be running around with 900+ health at level 10?

Users will get health bonuses from their crafter class if its higher level. The oddness of 3 vs 5 between the professions have been set to 3 per level.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
So because you would be too lazy to give yourself an advantage in a fight using a lower crafted sword, everyone is the same? Hell we have a lot of TC that cant use Diamond so we get them what the can use as a sword. If you decide to be lazy and screw yourself over, be my guest, but it makes no sense to think everyone is like that.
I'm sorry please forgive me for forgetting the amount of stupidity required for TC members, displayed by your lack of understanding the basic reason of this thread. The idea is why does a crafting profession have anything to do with combat on a first hand basist, and why it is logical to have classes such as Mage/Healer running around with weapons that just don't fit the ideas behind that class.

c12095

Holy Shit!
I'm sorry please forgive me for forgetting the amount of stupidity required for TC members, displayed by your lack of understanding the basic reason of this thread. The idea is why does a crafting profession have anything to do with combat on a first hand basist, and why it is logical to have classes such as Mage/Healer running around with weapons that just don't fit the ideas behind that class.

The basic reason for this thread was given in my first post if you care to read before you start with your pointless argument. Leftovers has on many occasions comments at the fact that we have members who are smiths and normally are unable to wield Diamond Swords. Try to know whats going on before you join the conversation. Secondly, having a lower damage weapon than the normal weapon for the class, (The diamond sword if its too hard to keep up at this point) which has a knockback enchantment is no better than having a stone or a wooden sword enchanted, short of its durability. Mages and healers can run around all they want to with wood and stone, this will make little to no difference to limit Smiths to be unable to wield diamond swords.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
The basic reason for this thread was given in my first post if you care to read before you start with your pointless argument. Leftovers has on many occasions comments at the fact that we have members who are smiths and normally are unable to wield Diamond Swords. Try to know whats going on before you join the conversation. Secondly, having a lower damage weapon than the normal weapon for the class, (The diamond sword if its too hard to keep up at this point) which has a knockback enchantment is no better than having a stone or a wooden sword enchanted, short of its durability. Mages and healers can run around all they want to with wood and stone, this will make little to no difference to limit Smiths to be unable to wield diamond swords.
This was never an arguement considering the vast gap between us, and I will end with this post.

Look above to find that was not his not only complaint, and how do you limit a class by taking away the ability to use an item they were not intend to use.

Also if stone and wood isn't a handicap then what difference does it make if smiths do not have the ability to use diamond swords.

The main point is why should casters/healers have access to items that overcome their main weakness?

c12095

Holy Shit!
This was never an arguement considering the vast gap between us, and I will end with this post.

Look above to find that was not his not only complaint, and how do you limit a class by taking away the ability to use an item they were not intend to use.

Also if stone and wood isn't a handicap then what difference does it make if smiths do not have the ability to use diamond swords.

The main point is why should casters/healers have access to items that overcome their main weakness?

I'm glad you finally get it, there is no difference between the use of Diamond Swords or a Stone/Wood besides the durability. It would be a pointless fix, the smith crafts a sword, yet he has no idea how the hell to hold it? Really? You need to look at this from more than one perspective... Why should casters/heals be excluded from using weapons that contently save rogues and warriors lives and are able to turn the tide of a fight in a moment? It allows for a level playing field, and apparently you are too dense to realize this. Glad your done going in circles.

leftovers5

Legacy Supporter 8
I'm glad you finally get it, there is no difference between the use of Diamond Swords or a Stone/Wood besides the durability. It would be a pointless fix, the smith crafts a sword, yet he has no idea how the hell to hold it? Really? You need to look at this from more than one perspective... Why should casters/heals be excluded from using weapons that contently save rogues and warriors lives and are able to turn the tide of a fight in a moment? It allows for a level playing field, and apparently you are too dense to realize this. Glad your done going in circles.
Just for the hell of RPG, why would a healer/caster even become a smith? And if there's no point in using diamond swords versus stone/wood ones, why do you defend diamonds swords so much?

F

~Falker57~

They should not be able to use it because they are casters and healers.

Dismays

Legacy Supporter 9
I intended to write a long response, but I came to the realization you are honestly to stupid to understand simplistic reasoning.

You only agree with things that help you or your guild, you are a child, and I apologize for assuming you were competent enough to have an arguement with.