• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion [Profession - Enchanting] Changes/Questions

Piratelegend

Glowing Redstone
Hello my IGN is Piratelegend, love lots of stuff about HEROCRAFT right now, and have some questions, and things about it I hope that are worked on or fixed or even changed fully, starting with my profession, Enchanting.

Now for those of you that haven't done it as a profession I'll forewarn you that most of your time doing this profession will be spent mining, or making iron doors. You also can't actually enchant any items, until level 10, nor can you disenchant items until level 30. This seems pretty odd considering the name of the profession and all. It's also the only profession in the game where you lose experience for doing your profession. Seems pretty counter-productive.

I can agree that people shouldn't be able to enchant 1000 items an hour with an overstock of Lapiz Lazuli but people shouldn't feel like they have to spend 7 hours in the mines and 7 minutes at the enchanting table. So I want to know from the balance teams, or even the founder himself what they plan on doing about enchanting.

1: Do you think Enchanting is fine the way it is right now?

2: What changes would you make to Enchanting if not?

3: Have the people who handle professions considered this in the past? Are there any plans to make changes already?

4: If so, what are those plans, and is there an expected date we can see changes?

5: Are there any other professions you might change a bit that have problems similar to this?

6: Have you considered making a cooldown for Enchanting, instead of making people lose EXP?

7: Will people ever gain levels for Enchanting/Disenchanting?

8: Why are books not enchantable / Why are anvils disabled?

9: Why do I get Unbreaking when I click Protection? Why is that enchantment disabled?
-
Was blocking too much damage.
10: Can you give any additional information about the profession I didn't inquire about?

Last edited:

Irishman81

Senior Staff
Guide
Architect
Balance Team
Legacy Supporter 7
Hello my IGN is Piratelegend, love lots of stuff about HEROCRAFT right now, and have some questions, and things about it I hope that are worked on or fixed or even changed fully, starting with my profession, Enchanting.

Now for those of you that haven't done it as a profession I'll forewarn you that most of your time doing this profession will be spent mining, or making iron doors. You also can't actually enchant any items, until level 10, nor can you disenchant items until level 30. This seems pretty odd considering the name of the profession and all. It's also the only profession in the game where you lose experience for doing your profession. Seems pretty counter-productive.

I can agree that people shouldn't be able to enchant 1000 items an hour with an overstock of Lapiz Lazuli but people shouldn't feel like they have to spend 7 hours in the mines and 7 minutes at the enchanting table. So I want to know from the balance teams, or even the founder himself what they plan on doing about enchanting.

3: Have the people who handle professions considered this in the past? Are there any plans to make changes already?

4: If so, what are those plans, and is there an expected date we can see changes?

5: Are there any other professions you might change a bit that have problems similar to this?

6: Have you considered making a cooldown for Enchanting, instead of making people lose EXP?

9: Why do I get Unbreaking when I click Protection? Why is that enchantment disabled?

10: Can you give any additional information about the profession I didn't inquire about?
Well I can at least answer the protection one. Protection was blocking way too much damage in fights, and provided an unfair advantage to casters since their damage is magic damage, which bypasses armor.

TheManiac23

Legacy Supporter 9
as far as i know is the exp/level loose from anvils not changeable. So you would loose 10/20/whatever level if you use the anvil to echant/merge items.
I dont think anyone would like that.

Piratelegend

Glowing Redstone
Ok so anvils are disabled because they can't fix us losing tons of levels in the coding?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8

-
Was blocking too much damage.
1: Yes
2: N/a
3: Profs aren't "balanced" often afaik
4: N/a
5: Farmer because leather and tediousness
6: Dunnno
7: Pretty sure Mr.Kainzo wanted to
8: Books because anvils disabled, anvils because xp
9: Blocked too much physical damage, caster were unaffected.
10: Not really, never played Enchanter

Piratelegend

Glowing Redstone
You actually think losing EXP and having to spend 5000 hours mining to get it back is fine the way it is?

LordZelkova

Ashen One...
Legacy Supporter 8
You actually think losing EXP and having to spend 5000 hours mining to get it back is fine the way it is?
I more meant the mechanic of losing XP is fine, thought I think it should be lessened and Enchanter should get more XP ways.
That or we just give it xp on enchanting and remove the xp loss.

Piratelegend

Glowing Redstone
I understand Herocraft is intended to be a difficult grindy RPG for Minecraft, but I just think it's kind of dumb that you lose EXP enchanting, and gain it by mining.....

LarryDeCable

Max Legacy Supporter
I personally like the current way. It makes enchants actually worth something, if they kept their levels enchants would be worth 0.