• Guest, HEROCRAFT PUBLIC RELEASE IS HAPPENING AN HOUR EARLIER! TONIGHT @ 7PM CST GET READY FOR IT! play.hc.to
    Read up on the guides and new systems! Here.
    View the LIVE Map here @ hc.to/map
    Stuck or have a problem? use "/pe create" to to open a ticket with staff (There are some known issues and other hotfixes we will be pushing asap)
  • Guest, Make sure to use our LAUNCHER! Read more here!

Suggestion Profession/Chest Shop Restriction Change

Raolyth

Legacy Supporter 8
I think that the idea of restricting which chest shops can be created by a player's profession class is a great idea, however it creates an unnecessary barrier for players to establish themselves in the in-game economy in certain circumstances.

What I am suggesting is a slight addition to how the Merchant class could operate in the economy. Say for example an enchanter wants to create a shop for enchanted armor and weapons. As I understand, right now they would be unable to open a shop in the trade district to sell their wares because their profession is not allowed to create chest shops for their enchanted items.

I am suggesting that we allow players whose profession is a Merchant to create chest shops FOR the other players.

Right now when you create a chest shop, the format on the sign is:

<Player Name>
<Item Quantity>
<Buy Price> : <Sell Price>
<Item>

What if when merchant players create these shops, they can substitute other player's names in the <Player Name> section of the sign. The system would still charge the merchant the set up fee, which then the player could pay the merchant back for the set up fee + the merchant's fee. All sales would be directly sent to the player's account whose name is on the sign, and the merchant no longer has any sort of control of the shop (they cant open/destroy the containers).

I feel this would add another lucrative method for merchants and other players to participate in the economy.